Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We need chelsea to beat spurs tonight, arsean to then do wigan...depending on what we do at qpr...

Us an aresenal may only need a point each in our last game

Arsenal.

What happens when goal difference is the same?

Goals scored.

Teams are ranked by total points, then goal difference, and then goals scored. At the end of each season, the club with the most points is crowned champion. If points are equal, the goal difference and then goals scored determine the winner. If still equal, teams are deemed to occupy the same position. If there is a tie for the championship, for relegation, or for qualification to other competitions, a play-off match at a neutral venue decides rank.

I'd love to see this happen one day. Not involving us.

I hope we finish as high as we possibly can. No one will think we've had a good season, we've all been here since August. It's been a shocker and nobody will hide from that fact. However, if we finish ~13th, that means more money, less embarassment, less of a blot on our history, and will make it easier to attract any players in the summer.

To want to finish 17th because you don't like the manager is, in my opinion, absolutely bizarre.

Yep, I hope we pick up 4pts and finish strong, I don't think it's going to effect the decision on what happens with Pardew where we finish, the relegation battle has gone to the wire, it's either enough or it isn't.

I hope we finish as high as we possibly can. No one will think we've had a good season, we've all been here since August. It's been a shocker and nobody will hide from that fact. However, if we finish ~13th, that means more money, less embarassment, less of a blot on our history, and will make it easier to attract any players in the summer.

To want to finish 17th because you don't like the manager is, in my opinion, absolutely bizarre.

Yep, I hope we pick up 4pts and finish strong, I don't think it's going to effect the decision on what happens with Pardew where we finish, the relegation battle has gone to the wire, it's either enough or it isn't.

:thup:

I'm feeling good today. So happy that it looks like we might be able to survive Pardew.

If we stay up he will get next season IMO.

I think the same, it really is depressing.  If this season hasn't shown how incompetent he is, then only relegation will. 

Don't want to of course, just think its more likely something will be done if we just scrape by.

Of course i'd rather finish higher but get the feeling that if we won our last 2 games say and finished 11th or some shit it would be swept under the carpet.

when there's £60M at stake im pretty sure Ashley knows how close we are/were to miss out on it. So our position in the table will mean fuck all when it comes to sack or keep Cuntdrew.

I want whatever it takes to stay up and for Pardew to be sacked. I'd imagine the sacking has already been decided one way or another though.

Yep, have to think that he's near the sack even if we stay up. We haven't really been that unlucky, we've just been bad. Depends on Ashley's view, it's possible he might give Pardew the start of next season to show an improvement.

£755,000 per place last season. Finishing 12th would net us circa £3.75m more than 17th.

For us, that's another player.

'Hey Alan, thanks for getting us 2 spots higher. Here's the money. Bye.'

Sounds like an idea.

Guest P.Aimar10

Hey guys I was looking at the table and it looks like if you win or tie if wigan loses you guys avoid relegation right?

Arsenal needs the points for 4th place so they will be looking to smash wigan, is it safe to say newcastle is in the clear? :D

Hey guys I was looking at the table and it looks like if you win or tie if wigan loses you guys avoid relegation right?

Arsenal needs the points for 4th place so they will be looking to smash wigan, is it safe to say newcastle is in the clear? :D

Villa lose to Chelsea on Saturday, we win on Sunday = we're safe. Don't really have to wait til Wigan match.

Good luck for the Porto match. Win it to break their unbeaten run  and seal your championship there. :thup:

It goes beyond that tbh, if we win and Aston Villa lose to Chelsea we will stay up irrelevant of what Wigan do as Villa and Wigan play each other on last day.

Basically win and forget this shit stain of a season ever happened.  :lol:

Villa lose to Chelsea on Saturday, we win on Sunday = we're safe. Don't really have to wait til Wigan match.

Good luck for the Porto match. Win it to break their unbeaten run  and seal your championship there. :thup:

We will be safe before then IMO. If we beat qpr and either Norwich or Sunderland draw then that's it jobs done, no chance either of them will come away with a win last day of the season.

Love how a couple of the Benficans are still kicking about and checking on our....erm...'progress'.

:aww:

I've been keeping an eye on the portugese league as well tbf.  Love a bit of Benfica now, nice to have a portugese team.

Love how a couple of the Benficans are still kicking about and checking on our....erm...'progress'.

:aww:

I've been keeping an eye on the portugese league as well tbf.  Love a bit of Benfica now, nice to have a portugese team.

Also nice that it is the best team in Portugal..we're gaana win the leeg! :lol:

If we beat QPR aren't we safe regardless of what else happens?

No but if Villa get beaten off Chelsea we are.

Please let this happen. Can't take much more stress. We've been thrown a massive lifeline last night, but the pessimism this club has instilled in me makes me think of how bad it would feel to still go down. When Wigan took the lead after about 56 seconds of a minutes stoppage time, it really did seem like we were fated to go down. At last we got a lucky break. Make it count Newcastle and make sure we don't get into this kind of mess again.

As for Wigan, i'd be glad to see the back of them. Sick of all the hype about their powers of escapology, blah, blah. It's about time their luck ran out.

Sick of all the hype about their powers of escapology, blah, blah. It's about time their luck ran out.

Aye, also p*ssed me off last night when they were harping on about Mcmanaman showing real character to come through all of the grief after the assault and just get on with his game.

Martinez went straight down in my estimations after that as well, not to mention the handball winner.  Urgh, hope they disappear and never come back.

I want whatever it takes to stay up and for Pardew to be sacked. I'd imagine the sacking has already been decided one way or another though.

Agreed and I want him gone at the earliest opportunity.