Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Beating QPR doesn't make us mathematically safe but it means Hull need 4pts and Sunderland need 3. It just flat out won't happen.

Hull would need 5 points (6 since 5 will be impossible at that point).

Beating QPR doesn't make us mathematically safe but it means Hull need 4pts and Sunderland need 3. It just flat out won't happen.

Hull would need 5 points (6 since 5 will be impossible at that point).

:thup:

I don't think relegation would necessarily help us and I certainly don't want us to go down but I do have the feeling that we deserve it more than any other club. It will do the other teams in the league a terrible injustice if we don't go down. The fucking happy-clappers will love us to stay up so much so that Ashley's cuntery will be forgotten by them. Jesus fucking wept.

Only people that relegation hurts is us. The "happy Clappy brigade" will turn up regardless and Ashley could care less. The ground would still be full. I don't know why anyone thinks relegation will potentially help. Even if he does sell up, the potential investors if we are a championship club could be just as damaging to the club, coupled with the fact there is even less chance of us bouncing back up than last time.

Guest Gino14

Mike Ashley deserves to have a team relegated and so do his minions, but we as fans don't deserve that, just as no fans really do.  This idea that it'll hurt him is misplaced I think.  If it costs him 100m, it'd probably be like me losing £100.  I'd be angry for half an hour and then just move on.  His Sports Direct Empire fluctuates that much with a difficult day on the stock exchange.  He'll just focus on his 4bn and laugh at us is the more likely scenario.  We'll probably be on TV more in the Championship than we've been on in the Premier League this year, with that and the story of it all giving his tatty sports empire even more coverage.  That's the big problem, it will hurt the fans a hell of a lot more than it hurts Ashley, even if some are past caring, most still aren't.

I can't work out if QPR's result today helps or hinders us.  I knew they'd be down after today, but I don't know if that 6-0 just kills them off as an effort giving team for the season, or if it will cause a reaction, with the media on them and pressure to make their own fans proud next week.  It could go either way.  One thing I do know is that they're absolutely s**** and if they beat us, we then as a team are just too crap to expect much better than relegation.

From out of respect to the game of football - Newcastle United, the club owned by Mike Ashley deserves to be banished to the lowest divisions.

club deserves to be docked points,  we are like boxers that refuse to attack and just amble around the ring trying to defend.

win both games :yao: and Palace lose theirs we will be on the same points.

Ok. This is the reason I want us to win the last two games now. That would be great to eee the cunt lose 6 in a row and be level with us at the end.

From out of respect to the game of football - Newcastle United, the club owned by Mike Ashley deserves to be banished to the lowest divisions.

club deserves to be docked points,  we are like boxers that refuse to attack and just amble around the ring trying to defend.

Brining the game into disrepute definitely seems to apply.

I don't think relegation would necessarily help us and I certainly don't want us to go down but I do have the feeling that we deserve it more than any other club. It will do the other teams in the league a terrible injustice if we don't go down. The fucking happy-clappers will love us to stay up so much so that Ashley's cuntery will be forgotten by them. Jesus fucking wept.

Honestly, I can't believe anyone thinks relegation will help. It's the worst thing that could happen to you. Pretending otherwise is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

You need to stay up and fight Ashley from there.

Although, you're in a difficult situation now. having had the press throw the "they hate him partly because he's not from the Geordie Nation" shit at you for ages, now Ashley has lumbered you with Carver - a goon destined to achieve nothing with you, except he's very much a Geordie, so regardless of what happens he's now got you with the "then they gave them a Geordie, and they wanted him out TOO!" line.

Ashley is a devious fucker. He really is. But getting relegated will hurt you more than it does him. He can cover the profits drop by just cracking down harder on the slaves at his logistics centre.

What a total cunt.

It's less that I feel that relegation would help (though I think it would), it's just that I'm at the point where I want to watch it all burn. Fuck him and everything he stands for, relegation twice in 6 years would be a massive indictment on his governing philosophy and hurt his pride (because he is undoubtedly a deeply prideful person, especially when it comes to his business interests).

It's self-destructive and probably lacking in foresight, but I'm past the point of caring whether we're playing Stoke or Nottingham Forest.

Honestly, I can't believe anyone thinks relegation will help. It's the worst thing that could happen to you. Pretending otherwise is cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Although, you're in a difficult situation now. having had the press throw the "they hate him partly because he's not from the Geordie Nation" shit at you for ages, now Ashley has lumbered you with Carver - a goon destined to achieve nothing with you, except he's very much a Geordie, so regardless of what happens he's now got you with the "then they gave them a Geordie, and they wanted him out TOO!" line.

Ashley is a devious fucker. He really is. But getting relegated will hurt you more than it does him. He can cover the profits drop by just cracking down harder on the slaves at his logistics centre.

What a total cunt.

:clap:

Completely agree.

Ashley wants x amount for NUFC, nobody will offer close to that for a Championship team.

Ashley would never sell at a loss to himself and he would make a loss on us in the Championship as nobody would offer him near enough.

Completely agree.

Ashley wants x amount for NUFC, nobody will offer close to that for a Championship team.

Ashley would never sell at a loss to himself and he would make a loss on us in the Championship as nobody would offer him near enough.

Basically, he'd just sit it out however long it took and wait till you got promoted back.

Deep pockets.

I agree that's likely, but I still think on balance of probabilities it's more likely for him to sell up to get a quick buck and cut losses with out in championship than in premier league. I don't think he will ever sell and I don't think we will push him out in premier league. Our fans just will not do what is necessary to do so unfortunately.

Completely agree.

Basically, he'd just sit it out however long it took and wait till you got promoted back.

Deep pockets.

And short arms.

Hull need to get a win in their last two games, realistically, to have any chance of staying up. Spurs away and Man U at home? I don't see it.

Stranger things have happened but realistically that point has probably made us safe and Lizard Lick can spend the rest of his life saying how his genius kept us up.

Hull need to get a win in their last two games, realistically, to have any chance of staying up. Spurs away and Man U at home? I don't see it.

Stranger things have happened but realistically that point has probably made us safe and Lizard Lick can spend the rest of his life saying how his genius kept us up.

He can say anything he wants.  But nobody's going to be impressed that he kept us up, just, after taking over with us in mid table.