Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We need to be ahead of the mackems by the time they play their last game in hand against Everton. I'm confident we'll grind out positive results in our next 2 games. It's the mackems' games in hand thats doing my head in right now.

As far as the vote goes, I don't think anyone can/will be too optimistic whilst we still need the other two to drop points, regardless of what we do.

However, given our last 3 results/performances, I think we can get 6 points from the next 2, and then hope to avoid defeat against Spurs.

Just gotta hope the Mackems and Norwich drop enough points to keep them behind, which I think (looking a their run-ins) is possible.

Still a 10. Not sure where the optimism has come from, we needed to win one of the last two games. Now we need Norwich or Sunderland to lose most of their games and I cant see both of them doing that - especially with watford/everton in there.

Really? While I'm still a 9 we've clearly turned a corner in recent games. We hammered Swansea and got points from Liverpool and Man City. We would have lost all 3 under McClaren. We have 3 games left and look like a side that could finish on 36 points. It's pretty obvious that the optimism has come from the results changing in our favour like.

Not sure 36 will be enough this season.  As important as the Palace and Villa games are we really have to avoid defeat against Spurs aswell.  Drop points in the first two games though and we're stuffed no matter what the other teams do.

Looking forward to the Arsenal bottle job tonight.

I can totally see where the optimism is coming from tbf. When was the last time we went 3 unbeaten this season? When was the last time we picked up a point away from home? We have one of the lesser sides in the league at home and also the Vile who are just shocking, albeit away from home, but we have renewed enthusiasm and belief we an get results away. We're not being unrealistic to feel we can get 6 points from those two.

The mackems have been predominantly drawing games and so long as Arsenal do the business today they can only pull 3 ahead assuming they beat Everton. I don't see them beating Stoke away or Chelsea at home. At max they will get two points for me (in those two games) which puts us ahead going into the last game of the season. Anything is possible then.

It will quite literally go to the wire like that's for sure. However, we're probably the side with the best momentum and arguably the best fixtures remaining...

Not sure 36 will be enough this season.  As important as the Palace and Villa games are we really have to avoid defeat against Spurs aswell.  Drop points in the first two games though and we're stuffed no matter what the other teams do.

Looking forward to the Arsenal bottle job tonight.

nothing but 3 wins will do and even that may fall short.

ive got us and mackems on 39 and Norwich on 37.

mackems far better goal difference so they need 2 hidings and we need some good wins.

I can totally see where the optimism is coming from tbf. When was the last time we went 3 unbeaten this season? When was the last time we picked up a point away from home? We have one of the lesser sides in the league at home and also the Vile who are just shocking, albeit away from home, but we have renewed enthusiasm and belief we an get results away. We're not being unrealistic to feel we can get 6 points from those two.

The mackems have been predominantly drawing games and so long as Arsenal do the business today they can only pull 3 ahead assuming they beat Everton. I don't see them beating Stoke away or Chelsea at home. At max they will get two points for me (in those two games) which puts us ahead going into the last game of the season. Anything is possible then.

It will quite literally go to the wire like that's for sure. However, we're probably the side with the best momentum and arguably the best fixtures remaining...

We'd only done it once. :lol:

Liverpool (h) W

Spurs (a) W

Villa (h) D :facepalm:

[emoji38]aye so there is certainly a reason for people to be positive. I actually think that's been Benitez's most effective tool...positive mental attitude. That's what's transformed the club more than anything. Someone who wants the job, wants to do well and in public at least believes we can do well. There's been no grumblings from the fans since he came and everyone up to Benitez (including the fans) are pulling in the same direction.

f***ing Spurs game on the last day is the problem now.  I just had  a look at a scenario that would see us safe before the last game, this is it:

Liverpool v Newcastle - Draw

Newcastle v Palace - Newcastle

Villa v Newcastle - Newcastle

Sunderland v Arsenal - Arsenal

Stoke v Sunderland - Draw

Sunderland v Chelsea - Chelsea

Sunderland v Everton - Draw

Arsenal v Norwich - Arsenal

Norwich v Man Utd - Man Utd

Norwich v Watford - Draw

Would be:

Newcastle 36

Sunderland 32

Norwich 32

That's the dream

1 prediction correct so far.

Arsenal doing us a favour today and Stoke next week and the above is more than achievable.

f***ing Spurs game on the last day is the problem now.  I just had  a look at a scenario that would see us safe before the last game, this is it:

Norwich v Watford - Draw

Would be:

Newcastle 36

Sunderland 32

Norwich 32

That's the dream

1 prediction correct so far.

Arsenal doing us a favour today and Stoke next week and the above is more than achievable.

Stoke could be the bogey... they seem to be on a bit of run, leaking 12 goals in last 3 games or summit?

Norwich have only scored six in their last seven games, including the three against us in one game. I can't see them finishing ahead of both the mackems and us. Not with Arsenal and Man U up next.

The mackems have been very tight at the back of late. They've not been scoring many though, Norwich game aside. For all Arsenal's fraility, them kicking into gear when fourth is involved is a bigger trend than Sunderland miraculously escaping every year.

In the above predictions, Stoke are imploding and don't have Butland, their talisman for much of the season. We'd have beaten them at home if it weren't for him. I think that's Sunderland's easiest game. Pray for a homer ref.

I want to say I'm pretty confident Norwich will go down. It's between us and Sunderland imo and unfortunately I see them staying up. Getting two draws against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Fucking Spurs game on the last day is the problem now.  I just had  a look at a scenario that would see us safe before the last game, this is it:

Norwich v Watford - Draw

Would be:

Newcastle 36

Sunderland 32

Norwich 32

That's the dream

You have forgot to includes Sunderland's game with Watford, and Norwich's game with Everton.

There's bound to be at least one shock result in the games between us v Palace and villa, Sunderland v arsenal and Chelsea and Norwich v man utd and arsenal. Unfortunately it won't work in our favour so we just need to hope that the results on paper hold up.

The old saying of "taking it one game at a time" could not be more apt.

We must beat Palace. (Don't, and we are gone).

We must beat Villa. (Don't, and we are gone)

Then we will see what the situation is ahead of the spuds game.

I don't understand the concept of taking things one game at a time.  :lol:  How do you take lots of games at once?

That was Sunderland's hardest fixture on paper and they took a point from it, they are staying up :( I am at a 9.999. Despite how great that comeback was yesterday and the great performance against Man City, we needed more than 2pts from them, we put ourselves into such a huge hole, no way out of it now.