Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Done the predictor a ton of times, and as been said before - 2 Wins and 1 Draw or 3 Wins and we're safe provided Sunderland Win 1x, Draw 2x, and Lose 1x (5 Points) and Norwich Win 1x, Lose 3x (3 Points).

Again, its out of our hands but pick up 7-9 points and I think we nick it. Need Everton and Stoke to do their business.

People reading way too much into Spurs having "nothing to play for" man.  They're still miles better than us and should beat us, especially if we have to win and therefore attack them.  I mean sure it makes it a tiny bit easier because they won't have to win, but it's not as big a thing as people are saying imo. Not like they'll just turn up and not bother. They're the 2nd best team in the league

People reading way too much into Spurs having "nothing to play for" man.  They're still miles better than us and should beat us, especially if we have to win and therefore attack them.  I mean sure it makes it a tiny bit easier but it's not as big a thing as people are saying imo

Makes it massively easier. Most of the gain and loss these days is played out in players minds. We get our tails up and Spurs have nothing to play for then we've a good chance. We're down and out and Spurs are fighting for a title then we've already lost.

Of course, but last day of the season with several of their players off to the Euros, its a better scenario than them all desperately fighting for 3pts to win the title, IMO.

Interesting to see if the FA have any bottle to do anything to Alli.

Whether we stay up or not, reckon there's a high chance we'll be out of the relegation zone next saturday night - we're the most likely to win of the three on that day. Nobody can say it's done.

Spurs's fuck up definitely helps. They'll be hard either way, but a dejected team with nothing to play for v title chasers? Aye.

The twists and turns will test each of the teams psychologically now. I think Norwich have had their turn as favourites, now Sunderland will, ours will come when the time is right, after this weekend. Except we have a confidence team, more so than their organised units. We'll grow from strength to strength whereas they're very much the standard that they're at. The problem is it might be too little too late. Villa away is probably our most difficult game to be honest. Without the 12th man and the comforts of home.

We've already beat Spurs this season, they're fucking wank.

Sadly we need a miracle to stay up imo. At the very least the mackems will gather 6 points from their games against teams with nothing to play for. Even this unlikely optimistic scenario requires us to win all our games to stay up, due to our worse GD.

Despite the improved results, it's obvious that a lot of our players are not right mentally. We can't handle the pressure of a must-win game. Nevermind 3. I think we have to prepare ourselves for a very disappointing end of the season.

Just to complete the depressing post, I predict that we'll lose points against Palace this Saturday. Scene is set for Alan f***ing Pardew to return and complete the job all but mathematically. He has already pretty much killed this club and single-handedly defeated thousands of supporters. Making me and many others cheer the opposition's goals for months ffs.. or was it years?

The twists and turns will test each of the teams psychologically now. I think Norwich have had their turn as favourites, now Sunderland will, ours will come when the time is right, after this weekend. Except we have a confidence team, more so than their organised units. We'll grow from strength to strength whereas they're very much the standard that they're at. The problem is it might be too little too late. Villa away is probably our most difficult game to be honest. Without the 12th man and the comforts of home.

We've already beat Spurs this season, they're fucking wank.

They've done OK for being wank.

We've already beat Spurs this season, they're f***ing w***.

They've done OK for being w***.

OK just doesn't cut the turnip.

Sadly we need a miracle to stay up imo. At the very least the mackems will gather 6 points from their games against teams with nothing to play for. Even this unlikely optimistic scenario requires us to win all our games to stay up, due to our worse GD.

Despite the improved results, it's obvious that a lot of our players are not right mentally. We can't handle the pressure of a must-win game. Nevermind 3. I think we have to prepare ourselves for a very disappointing end of the season.

Just to complete the depressing post, I predict that we'll lose points against Palace this Saturday. Scene is set for Alan f***ing Pardew to return and complete the job all but mathematically. He has already pretty much killed this club and single-handedly defeated thousands of supporters. Making me and many others cheer the opposition's goals for months ffs.. or was it years?

It's still a struggle, but things are falling our way, there's no doubt about that. A home game against a team who is in the Cup Final and with nothing play for in the League is perfect. They won't be diving into any risky challenges and will have half a mind elsewhere. Next a team who are already down and playing with zero belief. Then a home game against a team who have nothing to play for, have faced the disappointment of missing out on the title, and where half the players will be conserving themselves for the Euros.

We're dependent on other teams' results, but the chance is opening up.

I've got a bad feeling about playing Pardew right now tbh. Don't like the idea at all.

I've got a bad feeling about playing Pardew right now tbh. Don't like the idea at all.

Me too.  The typical soul crushing NUFC way to do it would be to have Pardew basically relegate us by winning at SJP and then have it mathematically confirmed at Villa Park.  With all the banners and stuff.  Again.

Me too.  The typical soul crushing NUFC way to do it would be to have Pardew basically relegate us by winning at SJP and then have it mathematically confirmed at Villa Park.  With all the banners and stuff.  Again.

The thought of that happening is just disgusting. Even more so that it's entirely possible if not extremely likely. Christ.