Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

The good news is when we go down we will have a proven championship goalscorer to in dwight gayle to help us to mount a promotion challenge.9

Was thinking this last night :lol:

And that Dubravka, Yedlin, Fernandez, Schar, Clark, Dummett, Ki, Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle and Muto is a base for a really good promotion challenge. Then I got all sad that I'm even contemplating Newcastle United in the Championship AGAIN :lol:

Aye - I'm at 7/10 like. Have faith in Rafa to maybe pull something out the bag but I think this negativity will grow as the season progresses and inevitably we fail to spend in January.

as i said elsewhere it'll be fascinating to see what ashley does in january now as he's shown in the past he'll spend to try and avoid relegation, problem being here if rafa turns it around a fair bit and we're in touching distance come january the stupid cunt will probably think it's worth the gamble not adding any players

if we remain struggling and have say <15 points then there's a very strong chance the prick will look at it and think it's not worth it, keep the cash to cover relegation/promotion

god what an arsehole he is

Guest chopey

The good news is when we go down we will have a proven championship goalscorer to in dwight gayle to help us to mount a promotion challenge.9

Was thinking this last night :lol:

And that Dubravka, Yedlin, Fernandez, Schar, Clark, Dummett, Ki, Shelvey, Ritchie, Gayle and Muto is a base for a really good promotion challenge. Then I got all sad that I'm even contemplating Newcastle United in the Championship AGAIN :lol:

Bid Sam will rip up our current squad for the championship push

Only takes a couple of wins and we’re at least amongst the dross like Brighton, Southampton and Fulham. If we’re still on less than 8 points in 3 games time then I’ll be massively worried.

The dross like Brighton?...That dross that is already 2 wins ahead of us

Only takes a couple of wins and we’re at least amongst the dross like Brighton, Southampton and Fulham. If we’re still on less than 8 points in 3 games time then I’ll be massively worried.

Doesn't mean they're not dross.

We've had the hardest run of fixtures in the league.

Win our next game (Brighton) and that’s 3 points. They then have Wolves at home and Everton away.

Our next two games are against the teams who I think will be with us in the scrap to avoid the third relegation spot which is why I’ve said if we’re not on at least 8 after the next 3, I’ll be majorly worried because if we’ve not, then it means there’s a bit of distance between them and us.

I've actually just had a look at the table and it's amazing that given our start we haven't been cut adrift. Next run of games crucial but a win or two and things could look very different quickly.

Squad issues and January remain critical though.

When we're halfway through the season lets see how the other teams near the bottom have done against the teams we've played so far. The real games start now. With this run of fixtures between now and Boxing Day we have to make sure we're not still in the bottom 3 by the end of the year.

Next two games is vital. Crazy we're only 3 points from safety considering our start like.

I guess, but the standard is very poor in the bottom half of the PL. The fact that our Championship squad finished 10th last year tells you everything.

whats the point of staying up in any case ? its just rinse and repeat for next season

Simple really, if we are taken over, we want to be in the premier league.

Do we?

With the right owners, it's an extra year or two to get out the Championship.

The division we are in isn't that important. Key thing is getting Ashley out. It might require the club losing significant money through staying in the Championship for a number of years.

Fulham and Southampton are our hope, i really hope they don't sack Hughes anytime soon.

Yeah I'm certain it's one of us 3 for the last spot

I think Crystal Palace could possibly drop below us after their/our next 10 fixtures they have a very hard next 10 fixtures and are still yet to even score a home goal. If Zaha misses any more than 10 games this season for them I reckon they’d go down given as they lose every match without him. But aye likely to be between us, Southamton, Fulham and maybe Palace for the last spot can’t see us staying cut drift with Cardiff and Huddersfield after the next 10 fixtures.

whats the point of staying up in any case ? its just rinse and repeat for next season

Simple really, if we are taken over, we want to be in the premier league.

Do we?

With the right owners, it's an extra year or two to get out the Championship.

The division we are in isn't that important. Key thing is getting Ashley out. It might require the club losing significant money through staying in the Championship for a number of years.

Absolutely criminal a club of our size would even ever be in a relegation battle never mind down 3 times in 9 years.

You don't see Spurs ever in a relegation battle or even Everton