Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We deserve to go down to prove you cannot stay in this league with zero investment in playing staff, you can't expect to trouser all the money and sprinkle some spare change on the squad and expect it to continue to make progress or even stand still. This has to be a lesson. We deserve to "do a Sunderland" and if the fat leach remains our owner then it's about time we did.

Fwiw I think Rafa will just about squeeze enough from this team to keep us up, but we don't deserve it (Ashley doesn't) and it'll just be a stay of execution for when Rafa leaves and the next lickspittle comes in. Can't wait for Mark Hughes to get £100m and still take us down.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m in crash and burn mode. As much as I love Rafa, a crash and burn scenario would put a bigger smile on my face than scraping survival this season which is our lot if we are lucky while Ashley is still owner, Rafa or no Rafa, a bit of spending or no spending. The club can never ever be anything more than what it us right now and that to me is not NUFC. Its not my idea of NUFC anyway. The club is dead, buried in the pages of history books only kept alive by a moronic fan base that allows Ashley to do as he pleases and to hell with it. Ashley should place an Ashley mask on every seat at SJP for fans to wear because they are to NUFC what he is - a cancer eating away at the club, it’s hisory and it’s future. If Rafa goes we go? Ha, I guarantee there will be a full house next season even if we were in the Championship with Pardew back in the dugout. Me, it has to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Please crash and burn, the sooner the better so all those fucking idiots in their seats fuck off. Preferably for good. Bitter? Fuck yeah. I won’t be back regardless. Hopefully the next generation of kids can take up the baton once it crashes and burns and a reboot kicks in and get to enjoy a club that’s theirs in the way I once did. There is only one United? Aye right :lol:

Guest neesy111

Zero point bring in the PL when it's like this.  Supporting a football club is more than about playing at the highest level.  I get zero enjoyment from this.

Guest The Little Waster

I’m in crash and burn mode. As much as I love Rafa, a crash and burn scenario would put a bigger smile on my face than scraping survival this season which is our lot if we are lucky while Ashley is still owner, Rafa or no Rafa, a bit of spending or no spending. The club can never ever be anything more than what it us right now and that to me is not NUFC. Its not my idea of NUFC anyway. The club is dead, buried in the pages of history books only kept alive by a moronic fan base that allows Ashley to do as he pleases and to hell with it. Ashley should place an Ashley mask on every seat at SJP for fans to wear because they are to NUFC what he is - a cancer eating away at the club, it’s hisory and it’s future. If Rafa goes we go? Ha, I guarantee there will be a full house next season even if we were in the Championship with Pardew back in the dugout. Me, it has to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. Please crash and burn, the sooner the better so all those fucking idiots in their seats fuck off. Preferably for good. Bitter? Fuck yeah. I won’t be back regardless. Hopefully the next generation of kids can take up the baton once it crashes and burns and a reboot kicks in and get to enjoy a club that’s theirs in the way I once did. There is only one United? Aye right :lol:

This ...

At this point the fans are the problem

Guest firetotheworks

We are still 3 points + GD ahead of the relegation zone.

And about to face Chelsea, Man Utd, Spurs and Man City.

I don't get why people say this like the other teams won't play them too.

You’ll understand when we have 19 points come the end of Feb.

This is currently what's going on in my mind:

I keep asking myself, "what's the point in having any sort of interest/passion for us?". Here's the answer I've given myself:

It's the club I grew up with and it was, basically, the only common interest I had with all the other lads and lasses at Kingston Park Primary School back in the early 90s (when I joined in Reception, I was a lad who had fuck all grasp of English due to the lack of it being spoken at home...it really was fucking hard to converse with people on a day to day basis. My natural feeling of shyness didn't help my cause either at the time but talking about Newcastle United with all the other children and my subsequent increasing feeling of a belonging to a bigger collective/community helped me so much with my life...the school football parties I ended up being invited to were great times).

It fucking breaks my heart to see the club in its current state - you can attribute that to the current club policy of simply doing the bare minimum to succeed and yes, that is certainly a primary reason (what's the point in seeing a football club just surviving in the PL season after season? What's the point in supporting a club like that? That's fuck all to be proud of at the moment, what's wrong in striving to compete?) but for me though, what's more saddening is the divided fanbase and seeing fans on here, in public and on social media arguing amongst one another due to the whole "support the team, not regime/nothing will stop me from supporting my club/Ashley has already taken my money" sentiment. The whole community has been shattered to pieces.

Unconditional support for the team is one thing but actively allowing one man to get away with whatever he wants to do with the club is another. I Iove the St James' faithful but, for me, (and I don't like saying this) the fans who attend a match because it's "supporting the team" but then go on to boo the team and/or individual players in the same match (and then turn up at the next home match) are almost certainly enabling the actions of the regime. If there's nearly 50,000+ people attending every other week, what incentive does Ashley actually have in selling the club?

Admittedly, Rafa is the reason why I still have an interest in NUFC - he actually brings the hope that we can be a competitive club and while he's still there, there's a hint of a heartbeat in the club. Whilst Mike Ashley is here though, there is no hope whatsoever. Like I alluded to in the Man U match thread, it's a right sad state of affairs that I'm not too disappointed with tonight's result.

Apologies for the potential over-dramatisation there but yeah, I'm a broken man over NUFC.

Come end of feb we will be deeply entrenched in the bottom 3 along with Huddersfield and once in that situation we wont get out

Losing 8 out of 11 home games is something ive never encountered in 40 years of supporting NUFC and it will only get worse over the season I can honestly see us losing about 13 out of 19 at home which ultimately is what will send us down

We cant expect to get upto 25 points away from home to try and ensure survival

Guest covmag

im at Defcon  7 now

it will only rise in the next month or so.

have a feeling relegation is creeping up on us after 4 weeks ago i felt no chance, how quick it can change.

not bothered, fuck this.

Guest firetotheworks

You’ll understand when we have 19 points come the end of Feb.

No I won't because there's nothing to 'understand'

I can just barley bring myself to care if we go down or not to be totally honest.

I have kind of excepted as long as that fat virus is in control a relegation is inevitable and is only a matter of time. So if it were to happen it would be painless. I have been numbed to it all. I watch our games and hope we somehow do well but that is all now. A lot of the excitement, a lot of the hope, and lot of the best things that should come with supporting a football club just aren’t there at the moment. It’s like someone has drained away a part of my soul.

Felt the need to restate that I am still at 0 - and I say that expecting about one point in the next handful of matches. We will certainly be in the drop zone come February, but we’ll be 17th at worst come May.

Getting in early with a 10 for 2019/20, though.

Guest chopey

I think we have the players to stay up and we definitely have the manager to stay up but the negativity around the club will send us down. It's already starting at the home games, a back pass gets grumbled at, Perez losing the ball gets booed instantly, the atmosphere is either non existent or toxic.

Our only chance of survival is our away form cos I can't honestly see us winning another home game this season.

I think we have the players to stay up and we definitely have the manager to stay up but the negativity around the club will send us down. It's already starting at the home games, a back pass gets grumbled at, Perez losing the ball gets booed instantly, the atmosphere is either non existent or toxic.

Our only chance of survival is our away form cos I can't honestly see us winning another home game this season.

Think this is spot on. I can only see it getting worse after the next few games coming up unless we get a shock result. Some people won’t like this but certain sections of the fan base getting on the backs of some of our players that simply aren’t good enough is weird and damaging. The players that just downed tools last relegation didn’t get this much stick. The match threads read like it’s RTG.

Hopefully a daft win or point against either Chelsea or City (?) and a home win against Cardiff will perk things up a bit.... maybe even a transfer or two.