Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Any takeover is obviously a long way off, but I'd be intrigued to know if relegation would be a deal breaker.

It’s got to be as they won’t be stupid enough to pay the asking price and Ashley has shown previously that he will gamble on keeping the club, thinking we will go straight up and he will get that price again. Think about it if the takeover was so close do you really think even Ashley would be gambling on relegation when he has a guaranteed price agreed?

Could be different now as his retail operations must have taken a f*** off big hit. He might take the view that a guaranteed 200m now is better than a potential 300m but having to spend 50m a year to get it. Numbers made up obviously.

And assuming PIF would want a champ club which I'm not convinced of anyway.

So if that’s the case why hasn’t he took the steps to ensure we don’t get relegated if he has a guaranteed price and yet stands to lose half of that (no club in the championship will be bought for 200 million). He’s going to lose a lot more money if we go down and a takeover doesn’t happen as we could be down for a good few years. Screams to me nothing is happening.

Quite simple, he doesn't really know much about football, saw we were 8pts clear, and thought we aren't going down. I mean plenty on here thought the same thing up to a week ago. One of the only ones who was still a bit scared for us was brummie and that's because he knew first hand just how s*** Steve Bruce actually is.

Even he isn’t that stupid to gamble a guaranteed 350 million though if the takeover was on the cards. As I said screams to me nothing is happening as in that situation he will gamble all day long as we all know.

As I said, he knows nothing about football, so he's definitely stupid enough to think we were doing fine up until last week. You might see his arse twitching in the next couple of weeks though, especially if we lose to Wolves.

A change in manager is the only thing that'll see Newcastle safe, the guy is a serial loser and he'll take this side down unless he's binned. It was inevitable the second they appointed him, he's performing exactly as he has been doing for the last 20 years - the worst in the league, what the fuck did they expect? You get what you hired, fuck Ashley, fuck Bruce and fuck anyone who has supported either for the last 20 months. 

A change in manager is the only thing that'll see Newcastle safe, the guy is a serial loser and he'll take this side down unless he's binned. It was inevitable the second they appointed him, he's performing exactly as he has been doing for the last 20 years - the worst in the league, what the fuck did they expect? You get what you hired, fuck Ashley, fuck Bruce and fuck anyone who has supported either for the last 20 months. 

There's not really much more to add here. Anyone with any football knowledge knew how this was turning out the minute he was appointed. We are as good as down really. Fulham are playing well, they are playing well and picking up points. A 10 point gap 2 weeks ago is now down to 3 and they have the momentum whilst we've lost 8 in the last 10. We got what was written on the tin when Ashley signed him.

Any takeover is obviously a long way off, but I'd be intrigued to know if relegation would be a deal breaker.

It’s got to be as they won’t be stupid enough to pay the asking price and Ashley has shown previously that he will gamble on keeping the club, thinking we will go straight up and he will get that price again. Think about it if the takeover was so close do you really think even Ashley would be gambling on relegation when he has a guaranteed price agreed?

Could be different now as his retail operations must have taken a f*** off big hit. He might take the view that a guaranteed 200m now is better than a potential 300m but having to spend 50m a year to get it. Numbers made up obviously.

So if that’s the case why hasn’t he took the steps to ensure we don’t get relegated if he has a guaranteed price and yet stands to lose half of that (no club in the championship will be bought for 200 million). He’s going to lose a lot more money if we go down and a takeover doesn’t happen as we could be down for a good few years. Screams to me nothing is happening.

Quite simple, he doesn't really know much about football, saw we were 8pts clear, and thought we aren't going down. I mean plenty on here thought the same thing up to a week ago. One of the only ones who was still a bit scared for us was brummie and that's because he knew first hand just how s*** Steve Bruce actually is.

Even he isn’t that stupid to gamble a guaranteed 350 million though if the takeover was on the cards. As I said screams to me nothing is happening as in that situation he will gamble all day long as we all know.

As I said, he knows nothing about football, so he's definitely stupid enough to think we were doing fine up until last week. You might see his arse twitching in the next couple of weeks though, especially if we lose to Wolves.

Well we play our next two games before Fulham play so be interesting if we do not beat Wolves. Bruce going is the only way to stop relegation and then also get a proper manager in and not Jones.

He will absolutely lose money if we do down, so letting us get relegated just because there isn't a takeover on the cards makes no sense either.

Frankly, who knows what goes through his head. There is no good reason for him letting Bruce take us down, with or without a takeover.

You just know Ashley will think Bruce can get us promoted next season too. Look at Villa after they sacked him.

Think a good majority of the fans will not give a shit anymore. Go down and I’ll be amazed if there is even half the ground full when crowds return. I don’t think there will be anywhere near 35000 crowds either if we stay up and there’s no takeover. Think this last year is the straw which broke the camels back with most fans.

It doesn't matter who the manager is under Ashley. It will always be shit. Only difference this time in regards to binning Bruce is he is so shit that anyone out there is an upgrade and the bounce we'd get would probably see us safe. And the main reason to stay up is hope for this takeover bollocks. If that wasn't there, this would be hell on earth. But all in all, it genuinely doesn't matter who's in charge. It's the Ashley status quo and always will be until he sells or dies.

No chance, there was 50 for Bruce, there would likely be 40 anyway, but with Covid and people not being able to go it’ll be packed. We are done until Ashley goes

Don't think so. A lot of the long standing fans I know have just been going out of habit for the past few years and now that habit has been broken they aren't about to just run back when they can. That's just people that I know I suppose and they could be in the minority but I've got a feeling they aren't.

No chance, there was 50 for Bruce, there would likely be 40 anyway, but with Covid and people not being able to go it’ll be packed. We are done until Ashley goes

Don't think so. A lot of the long standing fans I know have just been going out of habit for the past few years and now that habit has been broken they aren't about to just run back when they can. That's just people that I know I suppose and they could be in the minority but I've got a feeling they aren't.

Same in my experience also.

All these people putting 0 and 1s last week was surely kidding themselves when you have Steve fucking Bruce as manager. Ashley has to act now or this team is down.

Guess all the 1s, 2s and lock this thread lot have gone missing.

Other than Yorkie, was anyone putting 0s and 1s? Weird St1pe seems to be revelling in it too.

I've always been a pedantic cunt when it comes to the relegationometer though. You either think we'll go down or you think we'll stay up. I think we'll stay up, which I don't think is an outlandish view or even an especially 'contrary' one.

If we get less than two points from Wolves and West Brom I'll be worried and might even revise my opinion, because it will indicate that whatever bounce Jones gave us has totally worn off, and the injuries to key players are massively problematic.

I'm staggered at the comments on here recently.  A lot of us saw this coming miles away.  Why have you just come to the conclusion that this manager is completely incompetent?  And that there is a possibility of relegation?  I was arguing with forum members months ago about our plight.  "We have enough points already", "no chance of relegation".  These were comments from fans that thought we were safe because we had amassed 18 points.  I honestly don't want to say I told you so but "I told you so".

I have been hating all of the "hope we lose" posts of late but I now think it will be beneficial to lose the Wolves game. And obviously we will lose tomorrow. We can't afford to just drift along anymore under Bruce, picking up the odd point here and there. This needs to be brought to a head, not just to address relegation but also the takeover situation. If we lose to Wolves and Bruce still isnt peddled then we can forget about any takeover, accept relegation and then everyone can decide if they want to follow this football club anymore.

I'm staggered at the comments on here recently.  A lot of us saw this coming miles away.  Why have you just come to the conclusion that this manager is completely incompetent?  And that there is a possibility of relegation?  I was arguing with forum members months ago about our plight.  "We have enough points already", "no chance of relegation".  These were comments from fans that thought we were safe because we had amassed 18 points.  I honestly don't want to say I told you so but "I told you so".

Who’s just come to the realisation that the manager is incompetent? I think 98% on here have said it from day one.

Ashley being a cheap cunt might have thought bringing in Jones as a potential caretaker would provide some new manager bounce in the event he did have to sack Bruce. But if the heat is on, will he really be the man who can rally a team whose confidence is on the floor?

Who’s just come to the realisation that the manager is incompetent? I think 98% on here have said it from day one.

Then why were comments on here like "stick with Bruce because we are safe"?

I honestly can't be arsed to look back at the comments but fans on here thought there was no threat of relegation months ago.  How do they work that out?  Because we had an unassailable 18 points!  Give me strength.  I knew after six games, yes that's six games under Bruce that we were in trouble.  It took me less games to realise that Joelinton wasn't a centre forward/striker.  Ask anyone on here.  I'm not trying to be a smart arse, honest.