Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

17 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

If he goes I agree, but this relegationometer isnt on hypothetical situations.

We're discussing future results, its all hypotheticals. 

Bruce getting binned in the near future is nailed on.

Edited by The Prophet

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Next 2 games at least are a write of for me regardless of the manager. It’s going to take at least 6 weeks to get these lot anywhere close to being fit enough 

Then we have a horrendous fixture list in December. This is going to be a challenge for any manager coming in, could be the second half of the season before we start to see an upturn in results, and we don't want too much of a gap to develop by then. 

Reality has hit hard today. We really, really could go down if we get the mamagerial appointment wrong. Players like  Tarkowski are going to be a must in January. We need to make sure that not a single mercenary is amongst the players we buy. Character is going to be everything.

I'd honestly consider bringing Keegan back to steady the ship till the end of the season.

53 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Reality has hit hard today. We really, really could go down if we get the mamagerial appointment wrong. Players like  Tarkowski are going to be a must in January. We need to make sure that not a single mercenary is amongst the players we buy. Character is going to be everything.

I'd honestly consider bringing Keegan back to steady the ship till the end of the season.

In the absence of anyone else seemingly being interested Sir Kev seems to be the logical short term choice - no one else inspires quite like him and its inspiration that we need 

I'm at an 8.

At the end of last year, we managed to get a total of 19 points.

I can't see us getting anywhere close to that this year. The squad looks so threadbare in terms of quality and with each passing season, the same personnel in defense seem to get weaker and weaker.

Bruce will go obviously, probably tomorrow. But this is a hugely difficult job and season for anyone to come in and salvage. How to motivate a squad that likely know they're not part of the club's future? What system can we play with such a poor group of players?

It's concerning how unfit they seem to be too, we don't look ready for a scrap. The conditioning will take time to implement and get them up to speed.

It's ironic in a way, that the time where we have the unlimited amount of resource to spend, we may run out of time to actually wield it in a way that will make an actual difference.

The next managerial appoint is absolutely critical, they have to get it right and honestly I don't know who that figure would be.

20 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

In the absence of anyone else seemingly being interested Sir Kev seems to be the logical short term choice - no one else inspires quite like him and its inspiration that we need 

Not sure. Nobody loves King Kev more than me but last time he came back in 2008 we went 9 games before we won. I'd love KK back in some capacity, just not as manager.

In saying that, I think that simply getting rid of Bruce would see a massive bounce in form just by him not being there stinking the place out.

I really think people are underestimating how much of the season remains, and how shite Steve Bruce is. He’s gone before Palace, we actually have a decent squad that has managed four mid-table finishes in a row - and that’s before mentioning January (which is by no means “too late”).

My last (pre-takeover) vote was 3 if Bruce is fired. Going with 1 because they might appoint Lampard or Allardyce…

We could go down if bad decisions are made and there's complacency. But there's no way we're more than 50% with 30 games to go, a managerial change coming and money to spend in Jan. I'm sure odds will reflect that. People here always overestimate our chance. There were people saying 9 last year.

What's everyone's thoughts on this now then? Right now I have to say I'm at a solid seven, maybe even an eight. It's really worrying, to say the least, and I'm not sure if the damage has already been done, with the fixtures we have got up to the New Year.

2 minutes ago, Wandy said:

What's everyone's thoughts on this now then? Right now I have to say I'm at a solid seven, maybe even an eight. It's really worrying, to say the least, and I'm not sure if the damage has already been done, with the fixtures we have got up to the New Year.

I know how you feel but if a new manager with perhaps 28 games, a transfer window and 7-8 decent players already on the books, cannot get 36 more points then perhaps we’ve appointed the wrong manager😀

1 minute ago, Jinky Jim said:

I know how you feel but if a new manager with perhaps 28 games, a transfer window and 7-8 decent players already on the books, cannot get 36 more points then perhaps we’ve appointed the wrong manager😀

If we can get to the January window and we aren't any more than 3 points adrift from 17th I wlll feel better, but I'm really not sure that we will. All of the teams we play up to that point will smell blood and up their game by an extra 10% against us.

Its probably at a 3-4 for me. We've got rid of our main problem, but due to the rot that has set I'm not expecting too much from the next couple. 

Thankfully, there's a long way to go still. Get a decent coach in to start reversing the damage, spend a bit in January and we should be fine. This is a squad that survived comfortably last season.

Fully expect our new manager to reshape the team into a competitive side capable of getting 12 points this side of the new year, even though the fixtures are not that easy. A few January buys, transform the playing style of the team and I’m sure another 25 points post January will not be beyond us.

I'm in 5 out of 10 flip of a coin territory.

Firstly, we're already 3 points adrift with a squad with a few obvious weaknesses and there's a huge rebuilding job here.

Also, I do think most other teams will be gunning for us now.

On the other hand, with Bruce finally gone and talk of various competent managers instead, we should be doing better than we are.

It's a lower mid table squad, but I'd honestly take 17th right now if offered it.

And hopefully, we act early in January to plug those gaps, before a proper rebuild in the summer.