Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

18.???

19.???

20.Norwich 

Difficult. Burnley and Leeds will probably also start picking up points soon. Watford seem very unpredictable and I think Sothampton are doing well. Hard to see which 2 other teams newcastle will beat.

17 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Burnley and Leeds will probably also start picking up points soon

They are likely saying exactly the same about us given the change of owners and possible high profile manager coming in.

9 minutes ago, Collage said:

We’re not fucked, like. Many games to go.

Need around a point a game (at the very least) to survive. Not impossible obviously, but we’ve just been outclassed by a team that would be in and around us and are currently 4 points adrift.

Leeds will start picking up more points soon; just have to hope Burnley and Southampton  don’t pick up form. We realistically could be 6 points behind next week with a very difficult winter fixture list. I’d say we’re very much up against it.

All depends on the gap come January. If we can keep it to below 6 points, then we have a chance with new players (hopefully) coming in. More than that, I think it would be a struggle and probably also unlikely that the required quality of player required will commit to come.

32 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I feel like people are heavily overrating our current crop of players. Bar a select few most of our players would be better suited for Championship teams at best.

I actually think it's the opposite to this, this side has shown it's more than capable of comfortably finishing in midtable.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Aye, us. Three years ago we took 3 draws from the first 10. :lol:

The fixtures were tougher then from what I recall 

This time we've had a kind fixture list

We are very much in trouble, key is to ensure the gap is no more than 5 points come January.  Some smart investment and we'll be in with a chance.

It's not the end of the world if we go down tbh. We've got more than enough resources now to bounce back first time easily plus a season in the championship to rebuild the squad and sort things out behind the scenes with coaching staff ect might actually benefit us in the long run.

Certainly in a tough spot like. Our centre midfield isn't great, not kept a clean sheet all season. Wilson, ASM will get goals, new manager, investment in Jan, there are positives but crucial period. 

Chelsea no deal. Then Brighton, Brentford, Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley. Absolutely minimum we need 7 points, ideally 9-10 would be very useful.

1 hour ago, Bizza said:

It's not the end of the world if we go down tbh. We've got more than enough resources now to bounce back first time easily plus a season in the championship to rebuild the squad and sort things out behind the scenes with coaching staff ect might actually benefit us in the long run.

All good points of course.  Basically the plans of the new owners would be delayed a year !

I'm very confident that we will stay up this season. I don't think we will be to far adrift come the transfer window.

(If Steve Bruce was still the manager we would go down for sure.)

4 or 5 new players, premier league standard coming in jan will keep us safe and the rebuild can start in the summer.

The new manager coming in must be someone who we can back and give full support for 3 or 4 seasons.

I’m around a 6 , I’m nervous however yet even if we went down so fuck .

We have the new owners we craved, rid of Bruce , not one single fan of NUFC should be unhappy for a good few months yet , what a few weeks we have had , don’t ever forget the turnaround.

Whatever happens we are one ☝️ 

3 hours ago, GWN said:

I’m around a 6 , I’m nervous however yet even if we went down so fuck .

We have the new owners we craved, rid of Bruce , not one single fan of NUFC should be unhappy for a good few months yet , what a few weeks we have had , don’t ever forget the turnaround.

Whatever happens we are one ☝️ 

It’s imperative we don’t go down like…