Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

On 30/09/2021 at 09:12, Shearergol said:

I'm not going to go through every team individually, but what if you took their two best (and key) players out? I'd imagine the top 6 or 7 clubs might not suffer as much, but it would have an impact. Which PL clubs actually have depth in every area? I'd argue Man City and Chelsea are the only two.

Thing is, Bruce should already know what he's going to do if Wilson is injured, or anyone else. From the U23s to the first team he should have full understanding of all the players and how he can best utilise them if he needs to. 

Guest HTT II

Jones as a manager has disaster written all over it, he’s hardly improved us anyway has he apart from the new coach comes in bounce and his input has evidently been sacked off now anyway. 

Guest HTT II

He’d still be better than Bruce mind, but a rotten cabbage would as w… actually that’s who we’ve got isn’t it?!

7 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Jones as a manager has disaster written all over it, he’s hardly improved us anyway has he apart from the new coach comes in bounce and his input has evidently been sacked off now anyway. 

If Bruce was jettisoned I wouldn't care one way or the other if he was kept on as a coach but he shouldn't be anywhere near the role. Less so than the block of lard currently in it, mind.

Yep, I think relegation is nailed on this season. It's not like we've been losing to teams at the other end of the table and might pick up points from teams around us, we've been gubbed by fellow relegation candidates so I think it's safe to say the table doesn't lie. Ashley's gamble will backfire 100% if Bruce stays in charge, we may not even be salvageable come January at this rate.

Reads a lot like February-March in here. 

I've not watched a kick this season so can't make any reasoned conclusions really. But can't help but think we'll just see the same shite as seasons gone by. Terrible football and terrible results, interspersed with just enough wins, thanks entirely to our better players. 

12 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Reads a lot like February-March in here. 

I've not watched a kick this season so can't make any reasoned conclusions really. But can't help but think we'll just see the same shite as seasons gone by. Terrible football and terrible results, interspersed with just enough wins, thanks entirely to our better players. 

The luck has run out, bar Watford and 45 minutes against West Ham we've been absolutely dreadful all season. Even when we're handed points on a plate a la Southampton we've fucked it. Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City all yet to play in spite of their respective seasons. The atmospheres from our lot are non existent apart from when chanting against Bruce interspersed with silence. It has relegation written all over it.

Remove Bruce and that goes. To me it doesn't even make sense for Ashley to keep Bruce now: he'll relegate us in which case he can wave his potential £300m+ deal goodbye. Get rid and we'll be safe, the atmospheres will improve, attendances will go up, et cetera. All of this to save around £3m, it doesn't make any fucking sense.

It’s definitely possible that we’d still grind enough points to survive. But it’s looking more and more unlikely. 

There’s probably loads of reasons why Bruce hasn’t been sacked. Paying him off would be a an insult that Ashley can’t stomach. Ashley doesn’t care where we finish. Ashley believes we can scrape survival again. Ashley refuses to sanction any more spending because he’s selling. Charnley doesn’t have the phone number of any other managers. No other managers will answer his calls. Managers won’t come because of the takeover. The ones that would won’t commit career suicide by working under our conditions. 

It’s almost impossible to use normal logic to say what will happen next. Of course it’s insane to risk a £350m takeover by not spending some money now, but that doesn’t mean Ashley won’t do it.

We could easily see an unprecedented lame duck manager who won’t resign and won’t be sacked. 

It’s the perfect storm of ego, negligence, carelessness and recklessness. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

3 hours ago, HTT II said:

Yes it does. Remember Carver.