Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Probably an 8 at the moment. Think if we get a proven manager in (Benitez for example) it would go right down to 3 or 4.

My main worry is that apart from Norwich, there are no weak teams this season (possibly Watford). Teams like Brentford, Leeds, Southampton, Burnley etc will pick up odd wins every few weeks

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

Can't say 10 when there's no manager. 28 games left, 3 points to safety. 

2015/16 10 games in (relegated) we had 6 points. 

2008/09 10 games in (relegated) we had 9 points.

2018/19 10 games in (not relegated) we had 4 points. Just focus on beating or picking draws against teams around us, we'll be fine.

The difference between now and 18/19 is the fixtures, they were much tougher in 18/19

If I had to call it now I'd say we are down 

However, get a new manager in, try and get 3 wins and couple of draws by the time the window opens, get 3-4 decent signings and we have a chance 

I’ll tell you, with the slow pace these new owners seems to have, someone (anyone, really!) need to remind them the season only has 38 games. Their new investment have not won since fucking forever, so they better have a hell of a plan to save this club from relegation. 

4 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

a 7/8 currently for me. We are in huge trouble.

Ashley will be laughing his tits off. He's left the club in a helluva state.

The fact he renewed Bruce's contract for no reason and thus giving him a whopping pay off, tells you everything about that cunt.

We were always losing that. If we don't win any of the next five then you'd have to think we're odds on for relegation, like, regardless of who the manager is. 

Cheers, Brucey. :lol: Kinell what a fucking stinking job he did here, like. 

We're going down without a serious financial rescue buying us about 5-6 prem level players. Hopefully they act quickly once the manager is in place. If they stutter through the window to get deals done the most of the season will be gone and we'll be mile behind. Jan 1st we need players through the door.

Far too early to be making predictions yet, we've got 28 games to play, a new manager to come in and a January transfer window to make some ripples. We'll come good, a clearer picture will be towards the end of January but it's definitely squeaky but time.

Today both Vieira going to City and getting a win and Potter going to Anfield and getting a draw both with teams not that much better than us. A new manager would get some results in this so called nightmare December I reckon 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

Other teams are picking up points, if we are 6 or more points behind 17th come January, then it may well see a struggle. We are already 6 points off 16th and I can see that increasing with the run of fixtures we have between now and January. Only hope I have is that we get a manager AND COACHING STAFF, that will pick the correct team, set the correct tactics and motivate the players. 

If we are cut adrift come January, then I think we will struggle to sign the quality players required. I know going down would probably be only a temporary setback, but it would be so furstrating.

I don’t think we’ll even be close to relegation, to be honest.

A competent manager and 2 or 3 signings in January and we’ll be well clear.

Expect it’ll be similar to last season where we are down there for a while but pull away quite easily towards the end of the season.