Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Just now, Danh1 said:

Caulkin said on POTT the other day that the new owners would just see relegation as an extra year to get to where they want.

It’ll be shite if we go down like, but confident that they wouldn’t want rid of the club. 

I have no doubt that the owners will sort out relegation if it happens and it’s up to them, what I’m worried about is what the other premier league clubs do the year we go down. Now is probably the single most dangerous time to go down, even more so than the others, because while we are notable exceptions for our ability to come straight back there is every chance the other teams lock us out and we end up proper fucked. 

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Of course it does. When push comes to shove, some can't stomach a relegation and a fight to get promoted again, despite the claim that they would have taken that if we had rid of Ashley.

But the two aren’t related. We got rid of Ashley, now we want to stay up. 

And even if they were, nobody said they’d enjoy relegation or not worry about it. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I have no doubt that the owners will sort out relegation if it happens and it’s up to them, what I’m worried about is what the other premier league clubs do the year we go down. Now is probably the single most dangerous time to go down, even more so than the others, because while we are notable exceptions for our ability to come straight back there is every chance the other teams lock us out and we end up proper fucked. 

Wouldn't stand a leg in court if they tried that. Once the PL accepted our takeover that boat has sailed. 

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

But the two aren’t related. We got rid of Ashley, now we want to stay up. 

And even if they were, nobody said they’d enjoy relegation or not worry about it. 

There's some severe bedwetting going on.

We have new owners. It will take some serious time.

New owners need to act fast now and appoint a DOF and manager so they can:

1) planing and the prep work for the Jan transfer window

2) Improve the performances on field with the existing players, new tactics and enthusiasms plus the new manager bounce

I think if we can scrap some points between now and January with a few signings we’ll kick on and be OK. Realistically we have two winnable games in my opinion between now and Jan. Likley to be on a losing run leading up to the window.

Brighton away- Draw

Brentford Home-Draw

Arsenal- Away-loss

Norwich-Home-Win

Burnley- Home- Win

Leicester-Away- Loss

Liverpool- Away- Loss

Man City- Home- Loss

Man U- Away- Loss

Everton- Away- Loss

Just now, SAK said:

2) Improve the performances on field with the existing players, new tactics and enthusiasms plus the new manager bounce

I think if we can scrap some points between now and January with a few signings we’ll kick on and be OK. Realistically we have two winnable games in my opinion between now and Jan. Likley to be on a losing run leading up to the window.

Brighton away- Draw

Brentford Home-Draw

Arsenal- Away-loss

Norwich-Home-Win

Burnley- Home- Win

Leicester-Away- Loss

Liverpool- Away- Loss

Man City- Home- Loss

Man U- Away- Loss

Everton- Away- Loss

Being optimistic with those predictions 

2 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Wouldn't stand a leg in court if they tried that. Once the PL accepted our takeover that boat has sailed. 

Maybe true but as the last court case drama showed, these things can be dragged out to the point of irrelevance and football isn’t going to stop because the premier league broke a law that will take years to restitute. The premier league isn’t behaving like a rational, stable body even if you take our situation out of the equation. Masters and co are flailing and the big clubs are learning that they can do what they want, to an extent, and that they don’t have to be ashamed of craven monopolising.

12 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Can see the Saudi’s wanting shot of us if we go down. Being relegated would be an embarrassment for them.

Would be more embarrasing getting rid after all the legal fights and paying off Bein.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Being optimistic with those predictions 

If we can’t beat Norwich and Burnley at home and get a draw at home to Brentford and away to Brighton then we’re stuffed.

19 minutes ago, SAK said:

Brighton away- Draw

Brentford Home-Draw

Arsenal- Away-loss

Norwich-Home-Win

Burnley- Home- Win

Leicester-Away- Loss

Liverpool- Away- Loss

Man City- Home- Loss

Man U- Away- Loss

Everton- Away- Loss

That would leave us with 12 points out of 20 games.  Almost impossible to survive at that point.

Can't see us being on more than 10pts at xmas, and only 3 teams have ever been on as few at xmas and still survived.

Sounds obvious, but really need the other teams around us to have an equally bad run, to give us any chance come the transfer window.

We wont beat Brighton, will be lucky to rob a draw without a new manager.

Then we really have to beat Brentford, easier said than done, pressure on us.

New manager by Brighton 6.5, no new manager for Brighton 7.5, no new manager within days of Brighton 8.5

Just now, nufcnick said:

Our fixtures until Xmas are worrying, I can’t see more than 7 points TBH, which will mean we need 29 points in the second half of the season 

FmQU930.jpg

The fans will seriously be on Benitez's back by the time we play them. We still won't have a manager as we'll be interviewing other candidates. 

Benitez will give us a 0-1 win. He'll get the chop and we'll appoint him days later. We'll sign Insigne and breeze to safety. 

45 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Maybe true but as the last court case drama showed, these things can be dragged out to the point of irrelevance and football isn’t going to stop because the premier league broke a law that will take years to restitute. The premier league isn’t behaving like a rational, stable body even if you take our situation out of the equation. Masters and co are flailing and the big clubs are learning that they can do what they want, to an extent, and that they don’t have to be ashamed of craven monopolising.

Would be hoyed out of court straight away that. As I said the ship has sailed. What are they going to do force a sale because they attempted to change a rule, to prevent owners they had already agreed were acceptable, from entering the league. Never happen in a million years.

2 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

Even 25 points from 19 games is a big ask, and that’s if we actually get 7 points between now and Xmas 

I agree, the onus is on the owners to get someone in asap to at least ensure we are within touching distance come January.  

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

I agree, the onus is on the owners to get someone in asap to at least ensure we are within touching distance come January.  

Aye, I would be very worried if the new manager isn’t in the dugout or the stands at worst come Saturday