Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Until the PL have outright refused it, there's a chance.

All parties involved in the transaction itself still want it to happen, so I think Thursday's statement has less and less credibility as time has gone on.

I couldn't vote anything other than Yes because there's objectively still a chance and I'm too pedantic to vote No when there is a chance, however small. However, to illustrate, I wouldn't be able to vote No to "is there a chance Minhosa[/member] could buy NUFC" either, because objectively there is a chance if he were to get a consortium together, bid and go through the process. The question is flawed.

:lol: It's more a feel for where people's heads are at Kaiz, not looking at placing a bet requiring certainty.

All parties involved in the transaction itself still want it to happen, so I think Thursday's statement has less and less credibility as time has gone on.

Do you think? To me it seems impossible that the buyer has publicly withdrawn and can find a way back in. Just the loss of face from the PL would be huge now.

There must be a reason for the wall of silence.  Can it just be NDAs?  It seems ridiculous that nothing can be said under legal obligation if that can continue in perpetuity.

Surely they can't just sit this out and ignore every request from MPs?  Or can they.....

Do you think? To me it seems impossible that the buyer has publicly withdrawn and can find a way back in. Just the loss of face from the PL would be huge now.

That was my view.

I do wonder whether the buyers are considering/have suggested they are considering some sort of legal blitz on the PL for overstepping their boundaries/the criteria of the test.

That might make the PL sit up and come to the table with some greater 'flexibility' if, as someone posted a short while ago, they only have revenues of £3m and assets of £0.5m.

In theory, a piece of piss to financially outmuscle them.

The Saudi's could get them to run up a £3m legal bill in no time at all just for shits and giggles.

I could see it if they can spin it that communication was ongoing and they get PIF to make some minor concession that they can inflate for PR purposes.

I think the deal is dead for now.. unless public (and unlikely government) pressure results in changes to the PL board / approval process. 

Saying that, the people who have gathered to protest in London, Greg and Alex from NUST and all the others are HEROES for what they're doing. Newcastle will remain a big club, as long as there are fans that are ready to fight for the club.

The only way this deal gets ressurected is if PCP and the Reubens do the deal themselves.

That would be one way but, from what I've read, that would require the process to start again. With Ashley. With the PL.

Also, I always believed that the Reubens were only really present for the real estate angle and didn't foresee bunging in much of the running costs. 10% is a drop in the ocean. Realistically, the club needs way over £600m to purchase it, fund it and then develop the infrastructure. Arguably, closer to a billion.

Would they wanna drop 1/18 of their wealth on a football club? I can't see it.

I think the deal is dead for now.. unless public (and unlikely government) pressure results in changes to the PL board / approval process.

For now, and completely as far as PIF involvement.  Staveley and the Ruebens could do this totally on their own if they actually wanted to.

Suspect there'll be another attempt if she gets her payout from the Barclays case.

The only way this deal gets ressurected is if PCP and the Reubens do the deal themselves.

That would be one way but, from what I've read, that would require the process to start again. With Ashley. With the PL.

Also, I always believed that the Reubens were only really present for the real estate angle and didn't foresee bunging in much of the running costs. 10% is a drop in the ocean. Realistically, the club needs way over £600m to purchase it, fund it and then develop the infrastructure. Arguably, closer to a billion.

Would they wanna drop 1/18 of their wealth on a football club? I can't see it.

Minhosa is correct.

They have no intentions of buying us themselves.

For now, and completely as far as PIF involvement.  Staveley and the Ruebens could do this totally on their own if they actually wanted to.

Suspect there'll be another attempt if she gets her payout from the Barclays case.

I think there's a strong chance she'll lose that and disappear.

Actually, has anyone considered that it might actually be Staveley that the PL has the issue with?

Ongoing legal battle which heavily involves Qataris, and if she loses she is basically up the creek without a boat let alone a paddle

There must be a reason for the wall of silence.  Can it just be NDAs?  It seems ridiculous that nothing can be said under legal obligation if that can continue in perpetuity.

Surely they can't just sit this out and ignore every request from MPs?  Or can they.....

The nda ended when they pulled out surely.

Even if the takeover doesn't get approved at least the fuss being kicked up is hopefully throwing a light on the way the Premier League operates in league with the anti-competitive cartel of the top 6 'big' clubs.

No other teams fans will notice until it's them. They're too busy laughing at our collective disappointment at the moment

it never ends

Even if the takeover doesn't get approved at least the fuss being kicked up is hopefully throwing a light on the way the Premier League operates in league with the anti-competitive cartel of the top 6 'big' clubs.

Outside the top 6, no one really cares enough, which means once this has all blown over, it'll be back to business as usual. Except for us, we'll probably deteriorate further, but for the PL that's probably not such a bad outcome compared to losing face themselves.

Why would anyone involved in this deal agree to an NDA with such an end date? :lol:

No other teams fans will notice until it's them. They're too busy laughing at our collective disappointment at the moment

I agree, I don't expect support from other fans, it's more the fact that it's bringing bad publicity to the Premier League with the Qatari links, leaks about other clubs having a say in who buys other clubs, the opaque "fit and proper person" test, etc. The FBI went after FIFA. It would be good to see some proper investigation into the Premier League by investigative journalists at least. The Premier League allowed and continue to allow people/organisations to own Premier League clubs who wouldn't pass the same tests that are being applied to PIF.

Why would anyone involved in this deal agree to an NDA with such an end date? :lol:

It probably lasts for 2 years I imagine.

It probably lasts for 2 years I imagine.

However, any "NDA terms" if there are any, can be cancelled if all participants agree, ie PIF/Staveley/Reubens/Ashley - so the Premier League can have no reason to cling on the 'NDA idea' if none of those involved deem it necessary?