Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Think I blame the consortium as much as the premier league in this. Seem like a bunch of naive twats.

:thup: I find it strange the need to have to pick one side or the other. The more I see and hear the more I'm of the opinion both sides fucked it for different reasons.

Someone posted somewhere in here the past day or so that if they weren't going to make us the richest club in the land we'd have nowhere near the same sympathy for them and I'm inclined to agree. I'm not saying they're tyre kickers, but I'm also not going to believe a whole ton from a consortium that have imo strung our most trustworthy local reporter in Caulkin along this whole time with 'no red flags' positivity bollocks. There's no way in hell I believe that they're shocked by any of this mess. They just prayed they could brush it under the carpet.

Does this mean I think the PL are blame free? No. I still think they've allowed outside influences affect their process. I still think they've absolutely bottled the whole situation. To happily ignore this whole thing in the hope it disappears just shows they couldn't truly give a fuck if a football club falls in to neglect, nor about the end consumers that it also affects.

Tldr shock horror football is full of duplicitous cunts.

Think I blame the consortium as much as the premier league in this. Seem like a bunch of naive twats.

:thup: I find it strange the need to have to pick one side or the other. The more I see and hear the more I'm of the opinion both sides fucked it for different reasons.

Someone posted somewhere in here the past day or so that if they weren't going to make us the richest club in the land we'd have nowhere near the same sympathy for them and I'm inclined to agree. I'm not saying they're tyre kickers, but I'm also not going to believe a whole ton from a consortium that have imo strung our most trustworthy local reporter in Caulkin along this whole time with 'no red flags' positivity bollocks. There's no way in hell I believe that they're shocked by any of this mess. They just prayed they could brush it under the carpet.

Does this mean I think the PL are blame free? No. I still think they've allowed outside influences affect their process. I still think they've absolutely bottled the whole situation. To happily ignore this whole thing in the hope it disappears just shows they couldn't truly give a fuck if a football club falls in to neglect, nor about the end consumers that it also affects.

Tldr shock horror football is full of duplicitous cunts.

I agree. My simplistic way of looking at it now is, we have always known who our owners are/were (Ashley,Shepherd,Halls.)

These guys come as a consortium with the biggest stake holder being 80% meaning they're the probable owner, but you can't test pif as an owner somebody I assume MBS needs to come forward and be tested as the owner. He didn't want to be scrutinised,but surely Staveley isn't that thick she thought at 10% she could take the test? She's not the owner at 10%.

Until the proper owner takes the test then there was never going to be movement. Which brings me back to thinking these guys fucked it as much as the PL didnt want them perhaps.

Aye, exactly. If you have a certain amount of money then you can piss off.

this shit is really starting to bother me like :lol:

i refuse to believe the PL, who have a brand to promote and manage, would be sitting there not wanting more competition and better teams/players in the division rather than have more absolute non entities like us stinking the place up

not having it, it's fucking embarrassing as was that wor flags thing fwiw

This. It's tin foil hat stuff (encouraged by Staveley with no evidence).

Seems like the Bellagraph Nova Group is behind this. This is what Michael Chopra has been ”excited” about.

As someone living in Singapore I’ve never heard of this group or these two individuals.

They don’t feature on top 50 richest people living here either.

You can’t have prospective PL Chief Execs being subject to private ‘interviews’ with Man U & Liverpool and not leave yourselves open to suspicion, especially when 2 earlier candidates appear to have been black balled by those clubs.

The whole thing simple reeks of a concerted effort to stop this and the PL has done so by asking for something that will not happen. I kind of agree that that could well do with independent consideration as to whether it is a reasonable request but, a restricted time frame to that would need to be in place.

Anyway, what’s this about Singapore interest?

This, people who choose to believe the PL is not a cartel choose to ignore how the latest CEO was selected. But when the Saudis return to purchase Man U for 3 billion in 2 years, they might realise they were a tad naive.

If they spent the intervening three years sorting out their broadcasting and governance issues, purchase the next round of rights - and then decide Man U is a better proposition at that time - would you take them passing the O&D test then as evidence of cartel behaviour?

The PIF flaw has, apparently, been revealed as fatally flawed. Both the PL and one of their their biggest commercial partners were in legal conflict with KSA entities prior to launching their bid. There's about ten thousand questions related to that, but those prior lawsuits are a fact - and that has, seemingly, influenced their behaviour more than anything any club might have said.

The PIF deal with businesses and institutions around the world without difficulty, they don’t need to change their governance, only the PL seems to have a problem with the issue of them being a separate entity.

Time to just forget about this. Move on.

And time to learn the lessons from this - don't believe somebody just because they claim to be buying NUFC and because we all want them to be telling the truth.

Staveley's done a fucking number on us here like. Again.

And time to learn the lessons from this - don't believe somebody just because they claim to be buying NUFC and because we all want them to be telling the truth.

Weirdo

Staveley's done a f***ing number on us here like. Again.

How? The bid as got as close as we’ve ever got to being sold. The Premier League and PIF have been the issue here. Depending on what side you fall on one is more to blame than the other but they both have to take a certain amount of responsibility. Blaming Staveley is absolute madness.

Let it go. You are a very strange guy, like a wee dog trying to hump a leg

The PIF deal with businesses and institutions around the world without difficulty, they don’t need to change their governance, only the PL seems to have a problem with the issue of them being a separate entity.

I said they need to resolve their governance issues. They might think they’re sweet, but the PL doesn’t agree.

Any other acquisition is comparing apples and oranges. Even a fantasy PIF bid for Milan (mooted a few weeks ago) would be an entirely different commercial transaction, with different contexts - Serie A seems to be courting KSA favour, and would therefore be more inclined to accept the exact governance structure that the PL rejected didn’t approve.

Staveley's done a f***ing number on us here like. Again.

Fuck off!

So many angry little men on here  :lol:

I'd suggest Staveley knew full well this would never complete, as she managed to find an owner who wouldn't submit himself for PL checks ffs.

It had zero chance from the start under those circumstances.

I'd suggest Staveley knew full well this would never complete, as she managed to find an owner who wouldn't submit himself for PL checks ffs.

You are the angry wee guy that has a chip on your shoulder about staveley, constantly repeating your angry wee rants about her. We’ve got it. Get over it

Guest reefatoon

Aye, exactly. If you have a certain amount of money then you can p*ss off.

this s*** is really starting to bother me like :lol:

i refuse to believe the PL, who have a brand to promote and manage, would be sitting there not wanting more competition and better teams/players in the division rather than have more absolute non entities like us stinking the place up

not having it, it's f***ing embarrassing as was that wor flags thing fwiw

:lol: I am so embarrassed because some people have a different opinion to me.

Never let a difference of opinion make you blush you absolute wet flannel.

Why would she waste her own time as well as everyone else's. Angry little men lol. Go take a fucking look in the mirror man. If anyone in the consortium is to blame its the Saudis. Staveley has tried for 3 years to buy us one way or the other. Its not her fault it fell through. How would she know what the PL would demand?