Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It’s a load of bollocks to suggest that the deal is being done on the quiet. The deal was done, the negotiating part was finished long ago.

If you’re referring to the o&d’s test, why would the PL let it go through quietly when we already know they’ve picked sides with Qatar (Bein)

As if they would double cross them now.

It’s done, as in not happening/finished. And the cherry on top will be when Staveley loses her case against Barclays, she won’t have any chips left on the table once that happens.

This was the chance. We got fucked on it probably by both sides. Fans lose again and now we’re stuck with a Mike Ashley who’s lost his shirt this year.

For our sanity we need to let this go.

I fully understand why a number of people on here are saying (things like) "It's dead, finished, we have been 'fucked', move on for your own sanity" etc, etc, etc. AND that some of those saying that actually do believe that, though some of those saying it are obviously only 'saying it' for their own sanity.

I understand all that.

However, it is obviously not dead. Until such time as Staveley and / or Ashley say that it is categorically dead . . . it is very much ALIVE.

I fully understand why a number of people on here are saying (things like) "It's dead, finished, we have been 'fucked', move on for your own sanity" etc, etc, etc. AND that some of those saying that actually do believe that, though some of those saying it are obviously only 'saying it' for their own sanity.

I understand all that.

However, it is obviously not dead. Until such time as Staveley and / or Ashley say that it is categorically dead . . . it is very much ALIVE.

Problem is, wether it’s dead or alive there’s fuck all staveley or Ashley can do about it. It’s down to the PL who won’t budge and PIF who want supply the PL with what they want. It’s dead

I understand all that.

There’s a guy works down our chip shop swears he’s Elvis. Thoughts?

I understand all that.

Problem is, wether it’s dead or alive there’s fuck all staveley or Ashley can do about it. It’s down to the PL who won’t budge and PIF who want supply the PL with what they want. It’s dead

Agree with that except for the part about PIF. Even if PIF give the them what they want, i.e., MBS named as the owner, the PL will then use that to reject the bid outright.

I understand all that.

Agree with that except for the part about PIF. Even if PIF give the them what they want, i.e., MBS named as the owner, the PL will then use that to reject the bid outright.

Fair point

Guest reefatoon

We need Ashley to come out and call her a tyre kicker again, so we can all go back to the bitter resentment that has darkened our moods for the last 13 years. I’m already back in that funk now. Seems to be the best way to be for a Newcastle fan. Hate it all.

I fully understand why a number of people on here are saying (things like) "It's dead, finished, we have been 'f***ed', move on for your own sanity" etc, etc, etc. AND that some of those saying that actually do believe that, though some of those saying it are obviously only 'saying it' for their own sanity.

I understand all that.

Problem is, wether it’s dead or alive there’s f*** all staveley or Ashley can do about it. It’s down to the PL who won’t budge and PIF who want supply the PL with what they want. It’s dead

I suppose it's naive of me to assume anything in regards to this takeover, but humiliating one of the most powerful men in the world doesn't seem like the way this would go.

I fully understand why a number of people on here are saying (things like) "It's dead, finished, we have been 'f***ed', move on for your own sanity" etc, etc, etc. AND that some of those saying that actually do believe that, though some of those saying it are obviously only 'saying it' for their own sanity.

I understand all that.

Problem is, wether it’s dead or alive there’s f*** all staveley or Ashley can do about it. It’s down to the PL who won’t budge and PIF who want supply the PL with what they want. It’s dead

I suppose it's naive of me to assume anything in regards to this takeover, but humiliating one of the most powerful men in the world doesn't seem like the way this would go.

That's already happened to some extent, one of the reasons why PIF withdrew their bid. I read somewhere on this thread that the govt might step in and get it passed, I have no idea if there is any truth in that, but it's the only way I can see it happening, because the PL definitely don't want the takeover to happen because they are already in bed with Qatar.

I have but one wish in life now, to be rid of the parasite feeding on our corpse. To fell the vulture that has circled us for over a decade, picking our bones clean.

All we have is a fading hope someone will pay what the fat greedy tosser wants, fading away that now.

More completely "made up" rubbish.

The situation remains as i outlined it a few posts back, and will remain that way until we actually hear (are told) the final result.

Nothing to (pretend to) report until then.

You are literally pretending there is still talks going on. Nothing whatsoever points to that being the case