Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I thought it was common knowledge that this was dead and buried?

This is Ashley saying hurry up. This leak makes absolutely no sense if all parties have already moved on after the Saudi withdrawal.

Think it's also interesting that it's come from the PA and not one of the National rags that Ashley usually leaks to.

I sometimes wonder how people here feel Ashley is evil and the Saudis angel. This people pull out cause they disrespect them by not automatically approved them. They dont give a shit if Ashely say hurry up or whatever. Learn about the MBS before commenting idiotic Ashley said hurry up. No one can tell anyone to MBS.

That is all perfectly logical, but if you think Ashley wouldn't be a dick to MBS, you don't know Mike Ashley!!

This is Ashley saying hurry up. This leak makes absolutely no sense if all parties have already moved on after the Saudi withdrawal.

Think it's also interesting that it's come from the PA and not one of the National rags that Ashley usually leaks to.

I sometimes wonder how people here feel Ashley is evil and the Saudis angel. This people pull out cause they disrespect them by not automatically approved them. They dont give a s*** if Ashely say hurry up or whatever. Learn about the MBS before commenting idiotic Ashley said hurry up. No one can tell anyone to MBS.

That is all perfectly logical, but if you think Ashley wouldn't be a dick to MBS, you don't know Mike Ashley!!

There’s a line he wouldn’t cross I’d imagine. That’s definitely one person you wouldn’t want to p*ss off.

I suspect PIF pulled out at his request, I doubt the PL would have found him to be unfit or improper but there’s no way he’d have opened himself up to be scrutinised like that, especially if sensitive information could then be passed back to Qatar (which it likely would if they are as close as reported)

What's PA Sport ?

Press association?

The Press Association (PA) is the national news agency for the UK and Ireland and a leading multi-media content provider across web, mobile, broadcast and print. The Press Association’s wire service is called Media Point and is accessible under login.

I sometimes wonder how people here feel Ashley is evil and the Saudis angel. This people pull out cause they disrespect them by not automatically approved them. They dont give a s*** if Ashely say hurry up or whatever. Learn about the MBS before commenting idiotic Ashley said hurry up. No one can tell anyone to MBS.

The point being, why leak/release something like that if it was dead as is the wide held belief?

Doesn't make sense.

The rest of what you put is probably accurate but not the point I'm making, I'm not even sure why you're making that point tbh.

Depends if he has released/leaked it or it's just made up paper talk.

All made up based on inf.ormation he instruct Lee to plan for a season ahead.

What's PA Sport ?

Press association?

The Press Association (PA) is the national news agency for the UK and Ireland and a leading multi-media content provider across web, mobile, broadcast and print. The Press Association’s wire service is called Media Point and is accessible under login.

Ah never realised that.

Cheers :thup:

The point being, why leak/release something like that if it was dead as is the wide held belief?

Doesn't make sense.

The rest of what you put is probably accurate but not the point I'm making, I'm not even sure why you're making that point tbh.

Depends if he has released/leaked it or it's just made up paper talk.

All made up based on inf.ormation he instruct Lee to plan for a season ahead.

Why though?! He could just do thst without going through all the effort to sneak a leak out.

Ah well, f*** all to do with us now. As much as I want to see the back of mike Ashley I’ll be happy never to discuss SA and that geopolitical war ever again

But but but it's all gone quiet which means it's happening. Remember.

Exactly clutching the straws for the Saudis and then dismissing the Singaporean as tire kickers is another matter.

I don’t think I will ever stop being angry about this whole thing. We have had this utter c*** taking the p*ss out of the club for nearly a decade and a half. We finally get in a position where he is a willing seller, with buyers wanting to transform the club and area. This was no sideways step, this was a huge step forward with exciting times ahead. It was all there, ready to happen finally, you could feel the excitement coming back. Only for it to be completely s*** upon by an organisation who under these tests are supposed to be looking out for the clubs best interests. It’s f***ing mind blowingly frustrating and infuriating. We won’t ever get a chance like this again, yet Masters and his merry band of muppets have decided Mike is what’s best for Newcastle, so pipe down and get on with it. f***ing utter c***s the lot of them and shove your s*** 6 team league right up your arses.

I feel the same , i was so excited and sure it was about to happen and transform the club and lift the whole area,only to be shit on yet again..disgraceful

I don’t think I will ever stop being angry about this whole thing. We have had this utter c*** taking the p*ss out of the club for nearly a decade and a half. We finally get in a position where he is a willing seller, with buyers wanting to transform the club and area. This was no sideways step, this was a huge step forward with exciting times ahead. It was all there, ready to happen finally, you could feel the excitement coming back. Only for it to be completely s*** upon by an organisation who under these tests are supposed to be looking out for the clubs best interests. It’s f***ing mind blowingly frustrating and infuriating. We won’t ever get a chance like this again, yet Masters and his merry band of muppets have decided Mike is what’s best for Newcastle, so pipe down and get on with it. f***ing utter c***s the lot of them and shove your s*** 6 team league right up your arses.

I feel the same , i was so excited and sure it was about to happen and transform the club and lift the whole area,only to be shit on yet again..disgraceful

Yep. Reefatoon nails it there. The thought of eventually having top European players at the club and becoming one of the elite is absolutely what this club deserves. The place would have been electric when the new signings run on to the pitch. Having a world class manager who builds a team that makes Man City/Liverpool dread playing us let alone coming to St. James park.

But no. Here we are with Steve bruce in charge while we scrap around looking for free transfers and loans. Really not arsed about the upcoming season. 2 chances we've had to be ran by a sugar daddy and both have walked away. Just incredible.

I don’t think I will ever stop being angry about this whole thing. We have had this utter cunt taking the piss out of the club for nearly a decade and a half. We finally get in a position where he is a willing seller, with buyers wanting to transform the club and area. This was no sideways step, this was a huge step forward with exciting times ahead. It was all there, ready to happen finally, you could feel the excitement coming back. Only for it to be completely shit upon by an organisation who under these tests are supposed to be looking out for the clubs best interests. It’s fucking mind blowingly frustrating and infuriating. We won’t ever get a chance like this again, yet Masters and his merry band of muppets have decided Mike is what’s best for Newcastle, so pipe down and get on with it. Fucking utter cunts the lot of them and shove your shit 6 team league right up your arses.

Exactly how I feel. I don't think i will ever get over what the corrupt twats have done and the huge opportunity for us that they have went out of their way to stop.

All they've done is look out for the interests of the top 6, it's all that matters to the premier league. Everyone else is just there to make the numbers up. They really dont care which 14 teams it is but they'll make sure no one ever challenges the top 6 on a consistent basis.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Glad NUST have acted in the best interests of the supporters though... Lapping up the PL’s guff and disappearing into the sunset, yet again.

No doubting the consortium probably have some fault at their door but the PL have done everything possible to block this.

The truth is the PL made the test all about their own self interest and our well being didn’t come into it. They stretched the remit of the test to it’s limit and still didn’t have the courage of their own convictions to fail the bid.

The nerve of Masters to suggest our interest was foremost in the process, if anyone has any doubts about what has gone on, that one line alone should tell you what lying bastards they are.

What have the PL achieved with this whole corrupt episode absolutely fuck all. Bein sports are still barred from Saudi Arabia with the prospect of a much reduced MENA contract in a years time. There in dispute with the Chinese broadcaster another of their biggest tv incomes.

Has the piracy situation improved I would suggest probably not in the scheme of things, after all this is world wide and hardly a Saudi only issue.

The PL is currently dull and starting to lose its appeal to many, this was a chance to refresh one of the giants of English football, and provide a whole new dimension to the competition.

The decision or lack of one is short sighted and smacks of incompetence and protectionism. Above all they’ve switched off thousands of fans in arguably the most passionate area of the country, who now consider them corrupt and beyond reproach.

GC just tweeted. the next thing we should hear from Amanda is if the thing is completely off or it is happening. So right now it is in between lads I am not sure how many of you guys like him.

That’s only what he’s said he thinks needs to happen.

GC just tweeted. the next thing we should hear from Amanda is if the thing is completely off or it is happening. So right now it is in between lads I am not sure how many of you guys like him.

Has he deleted it as I ant see it.

That is correct, that is the next thing we will hear, we just need to wait.

His tweets seem to indicate that he’s heard f*** all from Staveley.

I think he’s playing his cards close and won’t want to be burned again. He’s previously stated that he’s spoke to consortium nearly every day for 2 years, he’ll know what’s happening but won’t want to be accused of raising hopes.