Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Seems amazingly coincidental that the day after he tweeted originally, the club release a statement. The club never release statements. How would some random know it was coming?

I'm 98% sure it's him behind the account. Or maybe one of his kids at least.

I guess this has been what’s going on behind the scenes maybe?

It’s definitely over now then.

If Ashley does nothing then yes it seems so, if he goes to court i would suggest not.

It’ll be compensation. The PL won’t be made to accept the deal

PL are f***ed here like... As are all of those who doubted it was ongoing.

Yeah it’s dead nothing happening  :lol:

Yesterday:  PIF have long since withdrawn, citing PL twattery and Covid

Today:  PIF have long since withdrawn, citing PL twattery and Covid, and have also failed the owners test so couldn't buy us if they wanted.

N-O: Ooh, progress...

Seems amazingly coincidental that the day after he tweeted originally, the club release a statement. The club never release statements. How would some random know it was coming?

It’s not him you daft shite , it’s deffo someone off RTG I just can’t work out which one, same as Masters account that takes the piss.

How can they reject it when it was withdrawn last month? :lol:

or did it rejected pre withdrawal and NUFC are just 2 months late in confirming?

There was talk about it trying to be revived and we would only hear next if it was successful or failed. This is it. I feel like the PL has been trying to save face and Ashley has called them on it.

The takeover/fit and proper test process was never formally withdrawn as far as I can remember. Granted, haven't paid much attention to club affairs for a few weeks.

PL are f***ed here like... As are all of those who doubted it was ongoing.

Yeah it’s dead nothing happening  :lol:

Yesterday:  PIF have long since withdrawn, citing PL twattery and Covid

Today:  PIF have long since withdrawn, citing PL twattery and Covid, and have also failed the owners test so couldn't buy us if they wanted.

N-O: Ooh, progress...

The deal was in limbo with no decision, now they have a route to appeal the decision. Which judging from the tone of that statement is a serious possibility.

This is good news. We have clarity and by the sounds of it Ashly and the club do not accept the decision. They've clearly stated they've provided enough information to counter this decision so it looks like they'll fight the decision in court.

Guest neesy111

How can they reject it when it was withdrawn last month? :lol:

or did it rejected pre withdrawal and NUFC are just 2 months late in confirming?

There was talk about it trying to be revived and we would only hear next if it was successful or failed. This is it. I feel like the PL has been trying to save face and Ashley has called them on it.

The takeover/fit and proper test process was never formally withdrawn as far as I can remember. Granted, haven't paid much attention to club affairs for a few weeks.

Correct.

'This conclusion has been reached despite the club providing the Premier League with overwhelming evidence and legal opinions that PIF is independent and autonomous of the Saudi Arabian government.'

Interesting it was the club providing the evidence, surely it should have been PIF ?

Guest Cheesy Beans

I’m assuming any court action won’t be to force the sale though.

It seems dead now. In some ways I’m pleased there’s a full stop to it. In another I’m absolutely gutted all over again.

Southampton was initially rejected, approved upon appeal.

Edit - The PL would rather approve it than be forced to pay millions in compensation.

'This conclusion has been reached despite the club providing the Premier League with overwhelming evidence and legal opinions that PIF is independent and autonomous of the Saudi Arabian government.'

Interesting it was the club providing the evidence, surely it should have been PIF ?

It's all done via the club.

The process goes through the club iirc, so if the Premier League request some information the hand it to the Club who then hand it to the buyers. Bit arcaic imo.

It's all done via the club.

Ah right, didn't know that.

It’s not him you daft shite , it’s deffo someone off RTG I just can’t work out which one, same as Masters account that takes the piss.

No way is it a Sunderland fan. It’s too NUFC savvy.

I’m assuming any court action won’t be to force the sale though.

It seems dead now. In some ways I’m pleased there’s a full stop to it. In another I’m absolutely gutted all over again.

Southampton was initially rejected, approved upon appeal.

Edit - The PL would rather approve it than be forced to pay millions in compensation.

:thup:

I think its very much still alive still, we've been waiting for an official rejection for a very good reason I'd imagine.