Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Has someone scared Mimms away??

I am sure he will be back when he has something to say.

Meanwhile, silence is golden.

Is it tho? The foreign office stuff and LK latest update doesn’t sound particularly positive

Chronicle article reads to me like the PL and FO were preparing the ground for an announcement on the takeover in the Spring/early Summer, only for something to scupper it. If that's true I'd presume that's a good thing from a our point of view? I.e there was some kind of interference that made the PL change its mind. The whole point of the legal stuff now is to get that out in the open, or have I got this wrong?  :lol:

That new fella turning up in a top position at the Premier League who had previous (and prob current) links to Qatar would be my bet.

I forget his name now.

I’ll also say it again. There is no way the foreign office would want to scupper inward investment of that magnitude into the U.K.. Stimulating trade is part of their remit and also Saudi is a major strategic ally.

Where folk are getting that the FO and government are against the deal is beyond me :lol: They let a strategic rival (China)  buy into our telecoms industry with all the attendant risks and dangers of that (backdoor software and the ability to listen into govt comms etc)

No, this is all squarely at the PLs door and the fact that they are fighting it tooth and nail stinks to high heaven.

Is it tho? The foreign office stuff and LK latest update doesn’t sound particularly positive

Those things happened back in May. Relevant then, irrelevant now.

Hm, bit of a blow if the Foreign Office was already in contact and they were on the same page, seeing as one of our main glimmers of hope is that the government that sells arms to these child-bombing, gay killing journo choppers would be very happy for more of their blood money to be spent in the UK.

Unless I missed something in that Chron article (detail from the FOI response), it doesn't state that the Forign Office was saying anything negative about the takeover. Sounds like anything which could have been pro/against takeover was redacted. The only section which could be spun as negative was:

The consortium then announced their intention to pull out of the deal on July 30th - the correspondence shows that the Premier League emailed the Foreign Office a day later to alert them to the announcement - with the department stating that the lack of a statement from the Premier League was 'helpful.'

But I would guess they saw the lack of statement helpful as to not upset their Saudi allies.

Yes, silence (from anyone that really matters) is golden.

Old stuff from the Foreign Office is not of any real relevance.

We are not hearing from those that matter (no 'leaks') and that - to me - is just GREAT.

I wonder if we’ll even find out when the arbitration hearing is meant to take place. I think we’ll be kept up to date with the NCSL stuff, but it could be well into next year before we hear anything from Ashley or the consortium.

I’ll also say it again. There is no way the foreign office would want to scupper inward investment of that magnitude into the U.K.. Stimulating trade is part of their remit and also Saudi is a major strategic ally.

Where folk are getting that the FO and government are against the deal is beyond me :lol: They let a strategic rival (China)  buy into our telecoms industry with all the attendant risks and dangers of that (backdoor software and the ability to listen into govt comms etc)

No, this is all squarely at the PLs door and the fact that they are fighting it tooth and nail stinks to high heaven.

I have said this all along.  The Premier league, Masters and the rest are corrupt.  I was fuming when the takeover broke down.  Even if nothing successful happens with the Newcastle takeover I want those "bent" individuals took to the cleaners.

Its died a death

Transfer window opens in 4 weeks

Move along nothing to see

Just stay out of this thread then. Instead of telling others what to believe. You're just annoying.

This is something I don't understand about those who keep, persistently, posting in this thread that any takeover is dead - if they believe that, why do they keep coming back to this thread?

Surely, if one believes that there is no active takeover activity then it would be a complete waste of time reading this thread unless the subject changed to indicate a new development.  So, therefor, I can only assume that those repeatedly commenting (in this thread) that the takeover is not happening are just trolls - which is why I ignore them completely.  I don't agree that they should be banned from the forum (I hope they've got something other than trolling to contribute to other threads) but it would be nice if there was the ability to temporarily suspend an account that is trolling a thread (just to give everyone a break from their persistent negativity).

Well personally I don't think this takeover will happen, but at the same time this is the only thread I have any interest in as the club is dead to me until Ashley leaves.

Manor Park is trolling more than anyone in here, but because he's stupidly and unrealistically positive that is OK in some posters' eyes  :lol:

Manor Park is trolling more than anyone in here, but because he's stupidly and unrealistically positive that is OK in some posters' eyes  :lol:

It's much the same as the way that most people, given the choice, would prefer to have a wank rather than eat shit.

Just caught up with the FOI today and really can’t see anything to be negative about. No govt department will officially be seen to interfere in this decision, also I’m quite sure in no way have they acted to prevent it. It would be against the govts policy in relation to Saudi and why would they not want inward investment at anytime, yet alone in current climate.

On a positive note the below tweet seems to indicate that there may be some sort of development with legal action tomorrow, Kennedy mentioned on wraiths podcast that there would be a development before weekend.

alik_NUFC

@MalikNufc

·

7h

@LiamJKennedy23

@stevewraith

after today’s press releases would you say the takeover is game over or is there still hope? I’m wading through many negative responses on here not sure what to believe.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@MalikNufc

and

@stevewraith

Such negativity around this - and I am interested to know why? The deal is where it was yesterday, and likely a little behind where it will be tomorrow.

They aren’t going to be interest in taking the club on if it’s sliding towards the championship and have no real chance of turning it around. We’ve got about 3-4 weeks to get this done so they have a window to work in for players and manager.

1.1.21 and not done then it’s all over Imho. 1.2.21 then no one could have any doubt about it.

Just caught up with the FOI today and really can’t see anything to be negative about. No govt department will officially be seen to interfere in this decision, also I’m quite sure in no way have they acted to prevent it. It would be against the govts policy in relation to Saudi and why would they not want inward investment at anytime, yet alone in current climate.

On a positive note the below tweet seems to indicate that there may be some sort of development with legal action tomorrow, Kennedy mentioned on wraiths podcast that there would be a development before weekend.

alik_NUFC

@MalikNufc

·

7h

@LiamJKennedy23

@stevewraith

after today’s press releases would you say the takeover is game over or is there still hope? I’m wading through many negative responses on here not sure what to believe.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@MalikNufc

and

@stevewraith

Such negativity around this - and I am interested to know why? The deal is where it was yesterday, and likely a little behind where it will be tomorrow.

Is he not just saying things are moving day by day

They aren’t going to be interest in taking the club on if it’s sliding towards the championship and have no real chance of turning it around. We’ve got about 3-4 weeks to get this done so they have a window to work in for players and manager.

1.1.21 and not done then it’s all over Imho. 1.2.21 then no one could have any doubt about it.

We already know we're only getting loans, and we currently look as if we're gonna fluke safety again. This will roll on through summer 2021 and everyone will think it's close then it'll fail again. The be back on again. Then off again. This is us for the next 5 years I reckon.

We already know we're only getting loans, and we currently look as if we're gonna fluke safety again. This will roll on through summer 2021 and everyone will think it's close then it'll fail again. The be back on again. Then off again.

This is us for the next 5 years I reckon.

Very unlikely!

We already know we're only getting loans, and we currently look as if we're gonna fluke safety again. This will roll on through summer 2021 and everyone will think it's close then it'll fail again. The be back on again. Then off again.

This is us for the next 5 years I reckon.

Very unlikely!

Is it? It’s been 13 years and counting already

I am realistic, I am not 'positive' (that is a very different thing) and I never 'troll'.

Apart from all of it, I agree with everything you say.

It's much the same as the way that most people, given the choice, would prefer to have a wank rather than eat shit.

:lol: