Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Its died a death

Transfer window opens in 4 weeks

Move along nothing to see

Just stay out of this thread then. Instead of telling others what to believe. You're just annoying.

This is something I don't understand about those who keep, persistently, posting in this thread that any takeover is dead - if they believe that, why do they keep coming back to this thread?

Surely, if one believes that there is no active takeover activity then it would be a complete waste of time reading this thread unless the subject changed to indicate a new development.  So, therefor, I can only assume that those repeatedly commenting (in this thread) that the takeover is not happening are just trolls - which is why I ignore them completely.  I don't agree that they should be banned from the forum (I hope they've got something other than trolling to contribute to other threads) but it would be nice if there was the ability to temporarily suspend an account that is trolling a thread (just to give everyone a break from their persistent negativity).

Would love for some real investigative journalist to expose the level of interference going on from top 6, and expose the corruption preventing this takeover.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@TOONRafalution

and

@MupMurphy1

Hopeful. But realistic. Confident they've got a good chance. But also confident the PL and its power clubs will fight tooth and nail to deny it. Their legal team certainly are.

10:49 pm · 2 Dec 2020·Twitter for Android

Toon_TX #ApproveTheSale #FansDeserveBetter

7h

Replying to

@LiamJKennedy23

@TOONRafalution

and

@MupMurphy1

Surely fighting tooth & nail to deny it would be completely against the rules of the OD test & competition laws & would implicate those clubs further? You’d think they’d take a step back now it’s gone ‘legal’..?

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

7h

Not if it is all hidden away, behind closed doors.

It seems to me that the foreign office didn’t particularly want the takeover either. What information were they given by the PL about their future plans that would have been disrupted had a takeover gone through?

The smell of corruption is wafting at this point.

Its died a death

Just stay out of this thread then. Instead of telling others what to believe. You're just annoying.

This is something I don't understand about those who keep, persistently, posting in this thread that any takeover is dead - if they believe that, why do they keep coming back to this thread?

A burning desire to be able to say "I told you so".

It seems to me that the foreign office didn’t particularly want the takeover either. What information were they given by the PL about their future plans that would have been disrupted had a takeover gone through?

The smell of corruption is wafting at this point.

The foreign office will absolutely 100% have wanted good relations with Saudi Arabia to continue and to encourage inward investment into the U.K.

Would love for some real investigative journalist to expose the level of interference going on from top 6, and expose the corruption preventing this takeover.

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

Replying to

@TOONRafalution

and

@MupMurphy1

Hopeful. But realistic. Confident they've got a good chance. But also confident the PL and its power clubs will fight tooth and nail to deny it. Their legal team certainly are.

10:49 pm · 2 Dec 2020·Twitter for Android

Toon_TX #ApproveTheSale #FansDeserveBetter

7h

Replying to

@LiamJKennedy23

@TOONRafalution

and

@MupMurphy1

Surely fighting tooth & nail to deny it would be completely against the rules of the OD test & competition laws & would implicate those clubs further? You’d think they’d take a step back now it’s gone ‘legal’..?

Liam Kennedy

@LiamJKennedy23

7h

Not if it is all hidden away, behind closed doors.

This doesn’t sound great.

Also seems to confirm that Masters lied to the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee.

https://committees.parliament.uk/event/1477/formal-meeting-oral-evidence-session/

Q466      John Nicolson: I am told that the Premier League has been put under enormous pressure by the Government to look favourably on the Saudi deal. Have you spoken to anybody in the Government about it?

Richard Masters: Again, I am talking generally. During my time at the Premier League, I am not aware of the Government placing any pressure on the Premier League one way or another in relation to any takeover.

Q467      John Nicolson: But this one is different because the Government are very keen to keep good relations with Saudi Arabia, regardless of how brutal the regime. The Saudi takeover is different from most takeovers. Are you assuring us that there have been no discussions between Government Ministers and you, or indeed anybody in the league, about this?

Richard Masters: You are suggesting that we were put under pressure to go one way or another and that has not happened.

Q468      John Nicolson: There has been no pressure?

Richard Masters: No.

Q469      John Nicolson: Have Government Ministers expressed a view to you about whether or not they would like this to go ahead?

Richard Masters: You are asking me to talk about it, but, generally speaking, that has never happened.

Q470      John Nicolson: No, in this specific case, has any Government Minister expressed a view, either favourable or unfavourable, to you?

Richard Masters: No.

Chronicle article reads to me like the PL and FO were preparing the ground for an announcement on the takeover in the Spring/early Summer, only for something to scupper it. If that's true I'd presume that's a good thing from a our point of view? I.e there was some kind of interference that made the PL change its mind. The whole point of the legal stuff now is to get that out in the open, or have I got this wrong?  :lol:

Chronicle article reads to me like the PL and FO were preparing the ground for an announcement on the takeover in the Spring/early Summer, only for something to scupper it. If that's true I'd presume that's a good thing from a our point of view? I.e there was some kind of interference that made the PL change its mind. The whole point of the legal stuff now is to get that out in the open, or have I got this wrong?  :lol:

Well, what is does show is that the Masters lied before the DCMS.  Whether it proves the government were for or against the takeover is hard to say but if the government was against the takeover and that is now being made public, this could well become a major embarrassment.

It also shows that Newcastle and its fans don't mean jack to anyone - personally I won't be going back to St James,  premier league football is cartel and as each day goes, the stink gets stronger and stronger.  Think I will go and watch Alnwick St James[/member] instead

Its died a death

Just weird negative types who enjoy misery and pissing on people’s chips.  You know those type of “friends” that will be the first to mention that you’ve put some weight on or your hair is going a bit thin on the top, but won’t say anything if you’ve improved since the last time they saw you.

Its died a death

Just weird negative types who enjoy misery and pissing on people’s chips.  You know those type of “friends” that will be the first to mention that you’ve put some weight on or your hair is going a bit thin on the top, but won’t say anything if you’ve improved since the last time they saw you.

Rocker[/member]

Hm, bit of a blow if the Foreign Office was already in contact and they were on the same page, seeing as one of our main glimmers of hope is that the government that sells arms to these child-bombing, gay killing journo choppers would be very happy for more of their blood money to be spent in the UK.

Hm, bit of a blow if the Foreign Office was already in contact and they were on the same page, seeing as one of our main glimmers of hope is that the government that sells arms to these child-bombing, gay killing journo choppers would be very happy for more of their blood money to be spent in the UK.

Potentially very damaging to the government too.

Got to remember to Foreign Office is not the Government. The communications may not even have made it up to Raab. As such the Foreign Office’s position is going to be more negative.

Then you have the Trade Department and DCMS who have their own views. The Politicians job is to manage those differing priorities.

As such the Chronicle article is Chronic.

Liz Twist MP's reply, for whats worth..

Dear Rob

Further to your correspondence about Newcastle United Football Club, please see the link below to a further letter I have written to the Premier League Chief Executive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_LDq5lWSf3L2bRXl2gP0w-kDf67fEb1d/view?usp=sharing

As you may be aware I am not a football fan, however I am concerned about the lack of transparency shown by an organisation which is so fundamental to so many, but also could impact so heavily on our region economically.

As you may be aware I was underwhelmed by the Premier Leagues previous responses to my letters and the replies I received from Parliamentary Questions on this issue. However I will continue to apply pressure where possible and will contact you when I receive a response from the premier league.

Yours sincerely

Liz

Got to remember to Foreign Office is not the Government. The communications may not even have made it up to Raab. As such the Foreign Office’s position is going to be more negative.

Then you have the Trade Department and DCMS who have their own views. The Politicians job is to manage those differing priorities.

As such the Chronicle article is Chronic.

The Foreign Office is a department of government and therefore everything it does is delegated from the authority of the Secretary of State (google ‘Carltona doctrine').