Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So hang on Kennedy gets his info from Wraith and then goes on to Wraith’s podcast to tell Wraith what he’s heard. From Wraith

Yeah I'm with you, that makes no sense.

I think Kennedy is making too much of the takeover recently. He's the only journalist actively covering it and he went big on the NCSL stuff and specifically said they'd take the PL to court which hasn't happened.

There is no way Wraith is his source, Wraith knows next to nothing imo and neither do the dentist or the other guy.

I do think Kennedy is reporting in good faith but he is wrongly getting people's hopes up with concrete evidence. He always caveats his articles with the fact he's "hopeful" rather than "confident" but he's really pushing the positive narrative hard and I can't stand his "join the dots" nonsense.

I would love for the takeover to go through and I do think there is stuff going on with regards to Ashley's legal action/arbitration but I genuinely don't think anyone knows how it's progressing outside of those directly involved.

Like f***ing kinder garden in here.  He said, they said, dont tell tales.  It's all Twitter s****!

Not sure I get your point?

I'm just saying Kennedy is pushing a positive takeover agenda when no other journalists are so I'm sceptical of the information he's reporting.

I've then used the NCSL stuff as an example of something he said would happen (taking the PL to court following the LBA they issued) that didn't turn out to be true.

I didn't realise expressing an opinion was an offence.

Wasnt directed at you per se.  This thread spends more time arguing about sources of info than the actual takeover and trying to discredit any source. 

So hang on Kennedy gets his info from Wraith and then goes on to Wraith’s podcast to tell Wraith what he’s heard. From Wraith

I think Kennedy is making too much of the takeover recently. He's the only journalist actively covering it and he went big on the NCSL stuff and specifically said they'd take the PL to court which hasn't happened.

There is no way Wraith is his source, Wraith knows next to nothing imo and neither do the dentist or the other guy.

I do think Kennedy is reporting in good faith but he is wrongly getting people's hopes up with concrete evidence. He always caveats his articles with the fact he's "hopeful" rather than "confident" but he's really pushing the positive narrative hard and I can't stand his "join the dots" nonsense.

I would love for the takeover to go through and I do think there is stuff going on with regards to Ashley's legal action/arbitration but I genuinely don't think anyone knows how it's progressing outside of those directly involved.

Like f***ing kinder garden in here.  He said, they said, dont tell tales.  It's all Twitter s****!

I'm just saying Kennedy is pushing a positive takeover agenda when no other journalists are so I'm sceptical of the information he's reporting.

I've then used the NCSL stuff as an example of something he said would happen (taking the PL to court following the LBA they issued) that didn't turn out to be true.

How hasn’t that turned out to be true? It’s still a ongoing process. Do you expect everything to happen within a couple of weeks?

No, of course not.

But Kennedy reported they would be going to court once the timeframe within the LBA had been served and that hasn't happened as it? Therefore it's turned out to not be true. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure all of that was at least 4-6 weeks ago which is already nearly a quarter of the way in to the 5 month timeframe he gave for the NCSL action to be resolved.

Instead we're back to lobbying MP's which seems a touch desperate.

It's ok to ge in the "I want to to happen camp" but still question some of the information given from those most positive about it.

Your last few posts are absolutely spot-on O0

How hasn’t that turned out to be true? It’s still a ongoing process. Do you expect everything to happen within a couple of weeks?

No, of course not.

But Kennedy reported they would be going to court once the timeframe within the LBA had been served and that hasn't happened as it? Therefore it's turned out to not be true. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure all of that was at least 4-6 weeks ago which is already nearly a quarter of the way in to the 5 month timeframe he gave for the NCSL action to be resolved.

It's ok to ge in the "I want to to happen camp" but still question some of the information given from those most positive about it.

Not sure I follow you here. You are complaining because a 5 month time frame hasn't been followed through within 4-6 weeks?

Guest reefatoon

Aahh, another “new poster” has arrived to pour scorn over the whole takeover. We haven’t seen this before over the last 8 months. Wonder which reincarnation this latest fucker used to be.

Aahh, another “new poster” has arrived to pour scorn over the whole takeover. We haven’t seen this before over the last 8 months. Wonder which reincarnation this latest fucker used to be.

Dunno but Plymouth are the Mackem equivalent of Devon

Totally convinced its happening now, I left the forum a few months ago on a promise that I would delete my account if it didn't go through (bit childish really) but I'm convinced 2021 will be a good year, my only small concern, and at this stage it's nothing, is the amount of managers the Saudi national team go through.

Totally convinced its happening now, I left the forum a few months ago on a promise that I would delete my account if it didn't go through (bit childish really) but I'm convinced 2021 will be a good year, my only small concern, and at this stage it's nothing, is the amount of managers the Saudi national team go through.

As long as they get rid of the current incumbent sharpish none of us will have any complaints.

Aahh, another “new poster” has arrived to pour scorn over the whole takeover. We haven’t seen this before over the last 8 months. Wonder which reincarnation this latest f***er used to be.

Apart from I haven't poored scorn over it. Although feel free to point out where I've "poored scorn" over it?

I want it to happen, I think it might but I also think Liam Kennedy is being naive in his reporting of the situation.

Are you saying any new poster needs to be 100% positive about the takeover before their opinion can be accepted or debated? If so, it's hardly going to attract new posters to the forum.

Whatever your opinions of Wraith are what is indisputable is that he has contact with Staveley / PCP. The fact Mehdrad Ghodoussi has just appeared on a video he produced should be enough to tell you that.

As for people questioning Kennedy as with Caulkin previously he is passing on what he is being told, and is also a fan like the rest of us. Let’s not beat the bloke up as we all want updates, yes have a healthy level of scepticism but for fucks sake this quest to discredit anyone with positive information is a bit much.

Whatever your opinions of Wraith are what is indisputable is that he has contact with Staveley / PCP. The fact Mehdrad Ghodoussi has just appeared on a video he produced should be enough to tell you that.

As for people questioning Kennedy as with Caulkin previously he is passing on what he is being told, and is also a fan like the rest of us. Let’s not beat the bloke up as we all want updates, yes have a healthy level of scepticism but for fucks sake this quest to discredit anyone with positive information is a bit much.

Steve Wraith knows everyone. He was on the radio yesterday morning sharing stories about the times he'd spent with Barbara Windsor.

No, of course not.

Not sure I follow you here. You are complaining because a 5 month time frame hasn't been followed through within 4-6 weeks?

I'm not complaining, just sceptical that LK reported something that hasn't happened. He said following the timeframe provided within the LBA elapsing NCSL would follow through on their promise and commence legal action/start court proceedings. He was emphatic on this point on numerous occasions. He has since admitted they may not take the matter to court and that (along with the fact no other journalist is covering the story to the extent he is) makes me a bit sceptical about the rest of his coverage on the takeover.

I've been viewing/reading the forum for a long time without posting much and I know those on the "it won't happen" side of the fence aren't received well and rightly so in some cases because it's clear they are just here go aggrevate the situation and wind people up.

For clarity I genuinely want it to happen and like everyone else I believe it is clear discussions of sorts are on going which means it's still alive and could happen.

I just think it's healthy to question things that haven't played out how it was reported they would.

Aahh, another “new poster” has arrived to pour scorn over the whole takeover. We haven’t seen this before over the last 8 months. Wonder which reincarnation this latest f***er used to be.

Dunno but Plymouth are the Mackem equivalent of Devon

Not sure about that like :lol:

No, of course not.

I'm not complaining, just sceptical that LK reported something that hasn't happened. He said following the timeframe provided within the LBA elapsing NCSL would follow through on their promise and commence legal action/start court proceedings. He was emphatic on this point on numerous occasions. He has since admitted they may not take the matter to court and that (along with the fact no other journalist is covering the story to the extent he is) makes me a bit sceptical about the rest of his coverage on the takeover.

I've been viewing/reading the forum for a long time without posting much and I know those on the "it won't happen" side of the fence aren't received well and rightly so in some cases because it's clear they are just here go aggrevate the situation and wind people up.

For clarity I genuinely want it to happen and like everyone else I believe it is clear discussions of sorts are on going which means it's still alive and could happen.

I just think it's healthy to question things that haven't played out how it was reported they would.

All what you have said there is healthy scepticism which no one should have a problem with. What I would say is that Liam Kennedy has said it’s a constantly changing situation and there are a lot of balls in the air.

My take is the NCSL action is co-ordinated, and if arbitration is moving forward maybe they have been told to hold off for now. I now think we may be at the point where they’re trying to thrash this out without any legal action taking place.

You are not a new poster though.

I understand the meaning of this post but I can assure you I've never posted under another username on this forum.

I used to post regularly on Not606 but got a bored of the same content and jokes being regurgitated.

Nicely done in trying to divert away from my question though. If you're going to paint me as a takeover naysayer at least point out where I've said it won't happen...

No, of course not.

All what you have said there is healthy scepticism which no one should have a problem with. What I would say is that Liam Kennedy has said it’s a constantly changing situation and there are a lot of balls in the air.

My take is the NCSL action is co-ordinated, and if arbitration is moving forward maybe they have been told to hold off for now. I now think we may be at the point where they’re trying to thrash this out without any legal action taking place.

I agree with this take and think it is almost definitely coordinated.

As you've pointed out it is clearly an ever changing situation and because of that I don't think he should have gone all in on them taking it too court immediately after the LBA period had expired.

I think his naivety comes from being so emotionally invested like the rest of us and because of that he's top eager to report something positive which perhaps isn't quite fully developed.

As much as he's the biggest pr*ck going, what Edwards tweeted yesterday is interesting and does align with something LK mentioned in one of his articles about Saudi getting an individual to front the bid rather than PIF. I think the bid would sail through in such a format.

As I've stated, LK is definitely reporting in good faith and obviously has some good sources on this so the fact he is positive/hopeful is a good thing.

Guest reefatoon

I understand the meaning of this post but I can assure you I've never posted under another username on this forum.

I used to post regularly on Not606 but got a bored of the same content and jokes being regurgitated.

Nicely done in trying to divert away from my question though. If you're going to paint me as a takeover naysayer at least point out where I've said it won't happen...

You are just the latest in a long list of “new” posters who don’t interact in any other thread, but come straight into this one with their digging at anything that is posted in a positive light. It’s just fucking weird.

You are just the latest in a long list of “new” posters who don’t interact in any other thread, but come straight into this one with their digging at anything that is posted in a positive light. It’s just f***ing weird.

I get that, but the most active threads other than this tend to be the betting thread and match day threads. I don't post in the match day thread as come match day I prefer to watch the game without using social media simultaneously (I don't understand how people manage to follow the game properly and post at the same time) and the betting thread doesn't appeal to me.

I follow this thread in the hope of coming across the odd snippet of positive information i.e. if Ashley's plane had landed in Saudi last night I don't see how that could have been perceived as anything but a huge positive. I read PCP/Stavely are based where it actually landed last night so it still could be a positive.

Guest reefatoon

You are just the latest in a long list of “new” posters who don’t interact in any other thread, but come straight into this one with their digging at anything that is posted in a positive light. It’s just f***ing weird.

I get that, but the most active threads other than this tend to be the betting thread and match day threads. I don't post in the match day thread as come match day I prefer to watch the game without using social media simultaneously (I don't understand how people manage to follow the game properly and post at the same time) and the betting thread doesn't appeal to me.

I follow this thread in the hope of coming across the odd snippet of positive information i.e. if Ashley's plane had landed in Saudi last night I don't see how that could have been perceived as anything but a huge positive. I read PCP/Stavely are based where it actually landed last night so it still could be a positive.

:thup: I highly recommend posting and getting on social media while the match is on though, it’s a great distraction from the utter filth that’s served up.

If Mimms' mate is right, then we should maybe take Liam Kennedy with at least a little pinch of salt. Mentions earlier of why might not be so far wide of the mark.

What?

Mimms' mate has suggested Kennedy gets his info from a well known NUFC gobshite.

I dont know who Mimms' mate is. Who you talking about?

If Mimms' mate is right, then we should maybe take Liam Kennedy with at least a little pinch of salt. Mentions earlier of why might not be so far wide of the mark.

What?

Mimms' mate has suggested Kennedy gets his info from a well known NUFC gobshite.

I dont know who Mimms' mate is. Who you talking about?

It's become apparent that Mimms gets his info from a dude on another forum who I can now see the posts of (albeit he keeps the juicy details to a smaller WhatsApp group, and doesn't post all of the info on the forum).