Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Need something to happen, some type of positive update before Christmas, ffs.

After another horror show tonight, makes me even angrier at what the premier league have denied us.

This more than any one individual makes me sick whenever we get beat.

Dunno what this means for the deal

https://twitter.com/tariqpanja/status/1339532880364630019

Could mean they had no interest in bidding for the rights because they no longer wish to purchase the club.

Alternatively, it could mean they've told Qatar they'll allow Bein to broadcast in Saudi which would be a big plus for the deal.

Hopefully it's the latter.

No one knows what it means but you just know the usual suspects will be on trying to convince us it’s a positive sign and the other usual suspects will try to convince us it means the deal is dead

It likely means fuck all

Just an assumption, it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Very true, tho the fact Newcastle were the only club to vote against it is not a very good sign

why would the other premier league clubs not vote for this deal.  its a no brainer for them and under normal circumstances, it would be for NUFC.

I think Im done now with this forum and NUFC.  Its just a depressing place, there is no joy in NUFC and this forum.  I need a break.

Have a good Xmas and I'll come back, if a takeover ever comes to fruitation.

Just an assumption, it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Very true, tho the fact Newcastle were the only club to vote against it is not a very good sign

why would the other premier league clubs not vote for this deal.  its a no brainer for them and under normal circumstances, it would be for NUFC.

I think Im done now with this forum and NUFC.  Its just a depressing place, there is no joy in NUFC and this forum.  I need a break.

Have a good Xmas and I'll come back, if a takeover ever comes to fruitation.

No and like I said it’s likely nothing too negative as all eggs seem to be in the legal basket anyway

Perhaps we're so legally confident, that it doesn't require Saudi Arabia bending over to Qatar. They can still block BeIN and be allowed to buy the club.

Would seem unlikely Newcastle would vote against it unless they voted against just to be dicks. Which tbf is something Ashley would do