Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Feel no different to when the legal stuff kicked off - was always going to be months not weeks.

My only confidence is based on the QCs involved and the assumption they'd have advised Ashley it was worth proceding. Which probably is more like hope to be honest  :lol:

My assumption was that Ashley's case is about financial compensation for him, nothing to do with trying to force through the takeover.

Is anyone actually still confident of this going thru?

If/when we get sucked into a relegation battle I think PIF may well just withdraw anyway.

PIF have withdrawn and very publicly.

Whole thing's just taken too long. Needs to go through next month or else that's it imo.

Feel no different to when the legal stuff kicked off - was always going to be months not weeks.

My only confidence is based on the QCs involved and the assumption they'd have advised Ashley it was worth proceding. Which probably is more like hope to be honest  :lol:

My assumption was that Ashley's case is about financial compensation for him, nothing to do with trying to force through the takeover.

That's not what arbitration is though.

I think Ashley wants rid of the club, but I don't think it's going to happen this time. He'll get some money somehow, some new takeover rumours will appear in summer, take us through to this time next year, fall through, rinse and repeat.

We'll plummet down the leagues and be sold to a Sunderland type owner and never be back. Happy new year.

I am interested to see what happens with Ashley's legal action though. No doubt he'll do fairly well out of it and we'll still be left in the shit.

I'm still convinced that is all the real legal action is out to achieve.

Same. I don't think theres any proof it's actually to force a sale through. And I don't trust Ashley to do anything except look after himself and fuck the fans over, as usual.

I am interested to see what happens with Ashley's legal action though. No doubt he'll do fairly well out of it and we'll still be left in the shit.

What can come of it? 

Compensation for fatty.

Us left in the lurch as usual.

What can come of it? 

Compensation for fatty.

Us left in the lurch as usual.

He kept the deposit from PIF and still owns the club so he hasn't actually lost anything yet has he?

He's lost out on the money he'd have gained if the premier league weren't dodgy as fuck, which is what I'd presume he's trying to fight.  It would basically be money for nothing of he wins.

I just don't expect any different.

Not entirely sure that's how it works seeing as he still has an asset for that value. What if he then sold the club elsewhere for the same value or more?

I guess he could try and prove he's lost money due to financial losses on running the club since the failed takeover....

Not entirely sure that's how it works seeing as he still has an asset for that value. What if he then sold the club elsewhere for the same value or more?

I guess he could try and prove he's lost money due to financial losses on running the club since the failed takeover....

That's exactly what he's doing isn't it?

Some of this reminds me of Trump fans still desperately clinging on to the idea that some machiavelli is working behind the scenes and is just about to pull out some magic legal trump card that makes everything they want to be true come to pass.

Some of this reminds me of Trump fans still desperately clinging on to the idea that some machivelli is working behind the scenes and is just about to pull out some magic legal trump card that makes everything they want to be true come to pass.

We’ve got 2 of the best QC’s in their speciality fields working on this takeover, and by all accounts a huge legal team behind them working on this, so yes there are people working behind the scenes to make this happen.

In addition numerous journalist including Kennedy, Caulkin, Burt Douglass and the guy from the Observer who’s name escapes me, all confirming the aim is to get the takeover pushed through and PIF are just waiting for the wheels to be greased to enable this.

On top of this you have massive hints from Staveley’s husband, Jamie Reuben and the NCSL that everyone is aiming to get this done. Remember the takeover 2.0 as Caulkin named it after political pressure, confirmed that PIF money was actually in a bank account in this country to complete the deal.

I’ve learned on this site you can’t change people’s minds by presenting glaring information, those who claimed the takeover was dead soon backtracked, now certain people are claiming this is all about compen for Ashley.

In short believe what you want, but this is 100% in play with a view to getting the takeover completed.

Some of this reminds me of Trump fans still desperately clinging on to the idea that some machivelli is working behind the scenes and is just about to pull out some magic legal trump card that makes everything they want to be true come to pass.

We’ve got 2 of the best QC’s in their speciality fields working on this takeover, and by all accounts a huge legal team behind them working on this, so yes there are people working behind the scenes to make this happen.

In addition numerous journalist including Kennedy, Caulkin, Burt Douglass and the guy from the Observer who’s name escapes me, all confirming the aim is to get the takeover pushed through and PIF are just waiting for the wheels to be greased to enable this.

On top of this you have massive hints from Staveley’s husband, Jamie Reuben and the NCSL that everyone is aiming to get this done. Remember the takeover 2.0 as Caulkin named it after political pressure, confirmed that PIF money was actually in a bank account in this country to complete the deal.

I’ve learned on this site you can’t change people’s minds by presenting glaring information, those who claimed the takeover was dead soon backtracked, now certain people are claiming this is all about compen for Ashley.

In short believe what you want, but this is 100% in play with a view to getting the takeover completed.

Thats quite a significant step isnt it?

Caulkin confirmed this in Athletic article, they thought takeover approval was days away.

If it can be that close and still blown out of the water then it doesn't bode well for pretending any minor steps that seem to be going in the right direction at the moment is some unstoppable snowball which will end in a takeover, if anything people hearing that will probably give up on it ever happening at all.

If it can be that close and still blown out of the water then it doesn't bode well for pretending any minor steps that seem to be going in the right direction at the moment is some unstoppable snowball which will end in a takeover, if anything people hearing that will probably give up on it ever happening at all.

Some would say in the world of football law De Marco is an unstoppable force.

I feel The PL can’t allow the takeover now. They’ve showed their cards on the side of the big 6/Qatar. No going back. I’d expect an out of court settlement for Ashley is the end game to all this.

Some would say in the world of football law De Marco is an unstoppable force.

Whitley Mag, Im with you.  Over the Xmas period there seems to have been a concerted effort on here and Twitter to try and turn fans thinking this takeover is in play, to that it is not happening.  Personally, its takeover or nothing for me.  I'm not interested in a football team that doesn't want to compete and more importantly isn't allowed to compete by the organisers of the competition!

Is anyone actually still confident of this going thru?

I cannot see the "Big Picture Six" stopping Staveley, PIF, Ashley, Reubens and their high-end legal teams getting this done.

Our success will be slow, and hard-earned, but is also INEVITABLE.

You can't see something that has already happened?

The PL/Big 6 did stop it; they forced PIF to withdraw their offer.

I have know idea how the legal action will play out, nobody does, but hopefully it'll go in our favour.

To claim the PL/Big 6 can't stop the consortium when they've already stopped them once is just naive.

The Big Picture Six (to give them their full name) will never stop this from happening, and what a strange thing for you to say that they "have" done so !!!

They will most certainly TRY to stop it happening (they will fail) and they are most certainly able to "hold it up" (as they have already done) but you should not confuse 'holding up' with 'stopping', just as you should not confuse 'trying' with 'succeeding'.

And you have the cheek to use the word 'naive' about other people !

The purchase of the club has stopped. It might start again, once the cause of the hold-up has been dealt with, but until that time the purchase has stopped.

More evidence that NCSL are working with Ashley to push takeover through -

The group have sent a host of questions to Mr Johnson that they would like answers to or have given him either the option of a Zoom meeting or face to face meeting after lockdown.

Significantly, their quest for answers appears to have the backing of Mike Ashley and NCSL say that they can "facilitate" a meeting between the Sports Direct magnate's legal team in order to get to the heart of the issue.

Mr Patterson states in his letter: "We have the support to host a meeting with the intent of demonstrating the anti-competitive behaviour and the deliberate procrastination in resolving this dispute, along with the refusal to accept information at the EPL in a deliberate attempt to run the clock down.

"I am happy to facilitate a meeting between Nick de Marco, Shaheed Fatima both QC’s from Blackstone Chambers alongside competition support from Robert O’Donoghue and Daniel Jowell both QCs from Brickcourt Chambers."

After that the plan would be to organise a fan-driven movement - which NCSL insist will comply with Covid restrictions.

The letter to Mr Johnson reads: "I’m told the fans will campaign at every opportunity, in a Covid compliant manner, but are looking to repeat the Jarrow March of 1936 - the last time the people of the north felt sufficiently wronged by Government, they undertook a collective action with their feet."

The nine questions sent to Mr Johnson include questions on the why the prospect of post-Brexit trade has potentially been blocked in the North-East, how long the takeover process will drag on for and why the matter is now very much in the public interest.

The Premier League have been approached by the Chronicle for comment on the fans' legal challenge but have maintained a "no comment status" on previous reports throughout Newcastle's takeover story in 2020.

Top-flight chiefs again did not comment on the latest move from Newcastle fans in their takeover dispute.