Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Ive been over this time and time again, one of the arguments that the PL are making against the NCSL legal action is that it is a route only available to product customers and that NCSL is clearly a couple of individuals with private interests.

NCSL therefore need to demonstrate that they are a fan (customer) ahead of private interests.

So all this Twitter behaviour, appearing on podcasts with Steve Wraith etc is all part of the long game. They aren’t this unprofessional really.

I disagree, you could show a season ticket that you've held for years. Which surely if they were a "proper fan" as they label themselves, they would have. He could also take his claim as "Keith Patterson, fan of NUFC" not "NCSL"

Also he has the exact same attitude, literacy sense and lack of level-headedness that he displays on the forum hiding behind an account thinking nobody knows who he is but strangely bigging himself up at any opportunity.

He's a self-serving knacker, stop making excuses for him.

I find it infuriating as I actually am agreed that I think the takeover will happen, given time. But the whole "I am doing this" / "I am a bigger fan, you can't be a fan as you don't live from the area" etc. Wraith-like, fan-spokesperson shite is pathetic and you know he's gonna be on Twitter when (if) it does all goes through claiming it's down to him, because he pulled together a big copy and paste job letter and wrote "Dear Boris" on the front of it.

Ive been over this time and time again, one of the arguments that the PL are making against the NCSL legal action is that it is a route only available to product customers and that NCSL is clearly a couple of individuals with private interests.

NCSL therefore need to demonstrate that they are a fan (customer) ahead of private interests.

So all this Twitter behaviour, appearing on podcasts with Steve Wraith etc is all part of the long game. They aren’t this unprofessional really.

I disagree, you could show a season ticket that you've held for years. Which surely if they were a "proper fan" as they label themselves, they would have. He could also take his claim as "Keith Patterson, fan of NUFC" not "NCSL"

Also he has the exact same attitude, literacy sense and lack of level-headedness that he displays on the forum hiding behind an account thinking nobody knows who he is but strangely bigging himself up at any opportunity.

He's a self-serving knacker, stop making excuses for him.

I find it infuriating as I actually am agreed that I think the takeover will happen, given time. But the whole "I am doing this" / "I am a bigger fan, you can't be a fan as you don't live from the area" etc. Wraith-like, fan-spokesperson shite is pathetic and you know he's gonna be on Twitter when (if) it does all goes through claiming it's down to him, because he pulled together a big copy and paste job letter and wrote "Dear Boris" on the front of it.

Bang on :thup:.

I said it last week, every time he communicates his gravitas decreases.

Just stop

If you stick your head above the parapet and really try to do some good, sadly you will get it shot off.

Many people will look for the 'smallest thing' (probably the most irrelevant thing) to use to exageratedly pull you to bits.

I know who I prefer to listen to, and why, about this.

Just stop

If you stick your head above the parapet and really try to do some good, sadly you will get it shot off.

Many people will look for the 'smallest thing' (probably the most irrelevant thing) to use to exageratedly pull you to bits.

When you say the smallest thing, do you mean acting like a complete berk 99% of the time? In which case, I totally agree.

Just stop

He gets a lot of credit for what he’s done/said he’s done. His online behaviour is poor and cringeworthy. It’s turning a lot of people against him and his cause.

I wouldn’t call having a go at George caulkin about who talks to staveley and who doesn’t is just bizzare and just comes across as an ego thing.

I appreciate what he is doing by putting his hand in his pocket and fighting.

Anyone on here who has done that will know that you often get your head bitten off as soon as you do for not doing enough. There are plenty of us on here who will know that.

The thing is though he’s arguing with fans now and making stupid claims and being unprofessional.

Having a pop at people who are not from the area saying they can’t be fans isn’t right.

Having a go at GC because of something someone said that he’s taken out of context isn’t right.

Saying if he earned more money from a fans donation would mean his case and the clubs would be further along is wrong. You don’t get to jump the queue legally because you have more money.

He’s starting to get people’s backs up, he’s very much like Wraith and I suspect he’s actually just Wraith’s frontman. It would not surprise me if sooner or later Wraith claimed responsibility for him in future.

Anyone on here who has done that will know that you often get your head bitten off as soon as you do for not doing enough. There are plenty of us on here who will know that.

The thing is though he’s arguing with fans now and making stupid claims and being unprofessional.

Having a pop at people who are not from the area saying they can’t be fans isn’t right.

Having a go at GC because of something someone said that he’s taken out of context isn’t right.

Saying if he earned more money from a fans donation would mean his case and the clubs would be further along is wrong. You don’t get to jump the queue legally because you have more money.

He’s starting to get people’s backs up, he’s very much like Wraith and I suspect he’s actually just Wraith’s frontman. It would not surprise me if sooner or later Wraith claimed responsibility for him in future.

Yeah pretty much sums up how I see it also.

Waiting for whitley mag (Keith) to come on and start weirdly defending himself while telling others that at least Keith (himself) is doing something about the takeover.

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's funny because it's true.

Oddly enough I’m not sure where Keith is coming from with the claims re Caulkin.

However, you’re absolutely correct he’s done far more in relation to this takeover than either of yourselves.

Yeah pretty much sums up how I see it also.

I don't agree with him being a Wraith frontman mind. I think Wraith does use him to boost his subscriptions mind.

Would have edited this post, but, for some reason the option is not there.

Waiting for whitley mag (Keith) to come on and start weirdly defending himself while telling others that at least Keith (himself) is doing something about the takeover.

Oddly enough I’m not sure where Keith is coming from with the claims re Caulkin.

However, you’re absolutely correct he’s done far more in relation to this takeover than either of yourselves.

Has he?

I know for fine fact that there is fans on here who have spoken to Staveley about buying the club, both recently when they bid fell apart, and a few years ago when she was interested and even when her initial bid fell away.

I know theirs fans on here who put the pressure on Ashley to sell up. Some people have had legal action taken against them by Ashley for simply protesting. Other have risked their careers. Loads of people have risked their jobs. Others have put in a lot of money.

Going on Twitter and telling the people on there that they did fuck all to help the takeover is fine and absolutely spot on. Don’t you fucking dare come on here and say it though.

Has?

I know for fine fact that there is fans on here who have spoken to Staveley about buying the club, both recently when they bid fell apart, and a few years ago when she was interested and even when her initial bid fell away.

I know theirs fans on here who put the pressure on Ashley to sell up. Some people have had legal action taken against them by Ashley for simply protesting. Other have risked their careers. Loads of people have risked their jobs. Others have put in a lot of money.

Going on Twitter and telling the people on there that they did f*** all to help the takeover is fine and absolutely spot on. Don’t you f***ing dare come on here and say it though.

Sorry mate I forgot you we’re her pen pal, I’d hesitate to guess you haven’t put 50k plus in either. You’re paranoid gibberish about him being Wraith’s front man is laughable.

Has?

Going on Twitter and telling the people on there that they did f*** all to help the takeover is fine and absolutely spot on. Don’t you f***ing dare come on here and say it though.

Sorry mate I forgot you we’re her pen pal, I’d hesitate to guess you haven’t put 50k plus in either. You’re paranoid gibberish about him being Wraith’s front man is laughable.

I’m not on about me here, let’s get that straight.

I’m on about the likes of Greg who helped with the Magpie group. Came up from London after work to help organise fans meetings on evenings before heading straight back down. Joined NUST, got lawyers involved to try and prevent the land at the Gallowgate being developed which would block off any expansion of the Gallowgate.

Yorkie who came up from York on his evenings to do so much.

HTT who helped fund fans campaigns.

There is people on here who got in touch with the likes of Arthur Blank to see if he would buy the club, Mark Cuban, amongst others.

Members who have had lawyers taking action against them because they so much as had Ashley’s face on protest materials. Other members who have had Charnley call the police on him because he looked like he could be aggressive when he dropped off two old ladies outside his house who delivered a letter.

Other members who risked their job for being in protests and their organisation because it’s classed as political.

Now I’ve said Keith is to be thanked for what he’s done. I’ve seen how people turn on you when you start something. I’ve not knocked him for his attempts and I won’t, and if I saw him in the street I’d thank him myself. But I’d also advise him to stay out of Twitter debates. If people want to have a go at you, let them, because as soon as you react they bring you down to their level you lose credibility. This is what’s happening with him now. He’s best off just keeping it to factual statements, and I think he knows that because that was what he said he would change just a few weeks ago.

There are people on here just like him who have done so much and who have been slated time and time again.

You want to have a go at people, have a go at the likes of that Toon Polls kid who was skating the Magpie group for their efforts, then pointing out the Keegan flag to the stewards so they could confiscate it, then recently taking credit for someone else’s idea of a form of protest against the PPTV games.

Whitley Mag, do you think his way of interacting on Twitter is a nice or good way of doing it? Completely unnecessary s**** if you ask me, a lot of it.

I think he’s a old timer who is completely alien to social media. However, he’s also a very successful businessman who is genuinely trying to help achieve this takeover. His role is not by chance and he has succeeded in needling the PL, if arbitration fails don’t be surprised if the next step is the anti competition case which the PL have successfully parked behind arbitration for now.

Whitley Mag, do you think his way of interacting on Twitter is a nice or good way of doing it? Completely unnecessary s**** if you ask me, a lot of it.

I think he’s a old timer who is completely alien to social media. However, he’s also a very successful businessman who is genuinely trying to help achieve this takeover. His role is not by chance and he has succeeded in needling the PL, if arbitration fails don’t be surprised if the next step is the anti competition case which the PL have successfully parked behind arbitration for now.

I can understand an old timer not quite knowing how to use Twitter, but I'd like to think an old timer would know how to behave better, no? Most of all, be wiser than many idiots on Twitter.

Aye he’s done a lot and put his money in, fair play. However there is people on here who are speaking from experience. They have been on Twitter. They know that you have to play it tightly on social media.

No one on here has had a go at him for what he’s done, all they have done is had a go at what he writes on social media is not professional.

If any of us could have a conversation with him right now it would be ‘Thank you, but please be careful on social media’. As soon as you pass the wrong person off on there it doesn’t matter what you have done for the club, they will turn the narrative against you, and that can very easily happen to him with the way he’s going.

[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38] It's funny because it's true.

Has?

I’m not on about me here, let’s get that straight.

I’m on about the likes of Greg who helped with the Magpie group. Came up from London after work to help organise fans meetings on evenings before heading straight back down. Joined NUST, got lawyers involved to try and prevent the land at the Gallowgate being developed which would block off any expansion of the Gallowgate.

Yorkie who came up from York on his evenings to do so much.

HTT who helped fund fans campaigns.

There is people on here who got in touch with the likes of Arthur Blank to see if he would buy the club, Mark Cuban, amongst others.

Members who have had lawyers taking action against them because they so much as had Ashley’s face on protest materials. Other members who have had Charnley call the police on him because he looked like he could be aggressive when he dropped off two old ladies outside his house who delivered a letter.

Other members who risked their job for being in protests and their organisation because it’s classed as political.

Now I’ve said Keith is to be thanked for what he’s done. I’ve seen how people turn on you when you start something. I’ve not knocked him for his attempts and I won’t, and if I saw him in the street I’d thank him myself. But I’d also advise him to stay out of Twitter debates. If people want to have a go at you, let them, because as soon as you react they bring you down to their level you lose credibility. This is what’s happening with him now. He’s best off just keeping it to factual statements, and I think he knows that because that was what he said he would change just a few weeks ago.

He has said that numerous times though, yet, he still continues. He's just doing himself no favours by the way he keeps re-acting. If he doesn't like what others are saying (rightly or wrongly) then either ignore or block those people. As I said earlier, he may have good info and he may be in constant contact with people on the buyers/selling side, but, until he is in a position to confirm that with actual proof, then questions are always going to be asked.

NCSL, who whoever is running/paying for it, does NOT need to play the martyr role of getting free reign to 1) get into twitter arguments with fellow fans, 2) try and call out a NE journalist who wants the same as us, and 3) hide behind being "too old" for twitter.

I don't care how much personal money is spent on the case, it doesn't mean a single thing if you're going to treat others like shit or try to use it as a "what have you done for the club?" barometer.