Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Just to clarify:

Positive = fine

Shite = ban

It's canny simple like

I'm not going to argue or (try not to) talk shite, but why can't we have both views expressed as strongly as they want.I'm from the highly positive camp and revel on any indication by members of news/tweets/hearsay on the takeover. There are just as many people with the complete opposite view that these are bullshit and don't warrant healthy discussion.That's fine, everyone is allowed their own views on this subject. Personally think a ban is the wrong step to take. If I'm fed up of reading anyone's particular stance on the subject I simply stick them on my ignore list for a week. A week later I bring them back in.....it's like Bruce sending Shortstaff to the reserves for a time before bringing him back into the squad.

VAR are looking into this.

No one has an issue with differing opinions. But repetitive shitposting of the same unsubstantiated nonsense in response to ongoing legitimate conversation between posters has a limit. No one is against positive takeover talk or posters exclaiming their hopes and aspirations for the club in any sense, but there's a difference between opinionated conversation and mindless nonsense which contributes nothing to the discussion, is designed to drown out anything else and generally just bring everything else down to that level.

Personally think the Forum is a poorer place without him, whatever your views are.There should always be a place for strong views by the likes of Whitley.There is a difference between his points of view and people who are constantly on forum to wind up members.

Going to fucking lock it shortly, honestly. Just don't post shite - it was fine for 3 or 4 days, no issues at all, decent posts going back and forth. Today it's turned to shite again.

JUST STOP POSTING UTTER PIGSHIT

Personally think the Forum is a poorer place without him, whatever your views are.There should always be a place for strong views by the likes of Whitley.There is a difference between his points of view and people who are constantly on forum to wind up members.

He wasn’t giving any views tho. The post he was banned for was total nonsense. Like I said I think he was baited tho (people calling him Keith etc)

Going to fucking lock it shortly, honestly. Just don't post shite - it was fine for 3 or 4 days, no issues at all, decent posts going back and forth. Today it's turned to shite again.

JUST STOP POSTING UTTER PIGSHIT

I don't want a ban but are we not allowed to express our views on the subject.

I'm getting less confident as the days go by, if the Saudis really wanted us they would just steamroller in and do the deal, I think they might have cold feet because of the pandemic, Amanda has said nowt and the Ruben's (who could buy us in a heartbeat then sell it to the Saudis) are doing nothing to move the deal forward, Two conmen have just bought Burnley with a couple of jam jars and dumped the debt back on the club.

I'm 100% convinced a deal could be done one way or another I'm starting to think the pandemic has changed the mood and they might wait to see how it pans out or even Buy Man Utd on the cheap.

I'm getting less confident as the days go by, if the Saudis really wanted us they would just steamroller in and do the deal, I think they might have cold feet because of the pandemic, Amanda has said nowt and the Ruben's (who could buy us in a heartbeat then sell it to the Saudis) are doing nothing to move the deal forward, Two conmen have just bought Burnley with a couple of jam jars and dumped the debt back on the club.

I'm 100% convinced a deal could be done one way or another I'm starting to think the pandemic has changed the mood and they might wait to see how it pans out or even Buy Man Utd on the cheap.

Lol!

Eh? Weren't you balls deep in this?