Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm back to not caring about being the richest team anymore and wanting this takeover. I just want anyone but Ashley again now and to kick Bruce to the curb and have a team to care about and want to win again. I'd even take relegation if it meant a new beginning but unfortunately we all know its unlikely as Ashley won't let us go cheap.

Got to say I agree. I’ve no doubt If it’s not us PIF will eventually get a club and it’ll sting like fuck but this club just needs A takeover, a fresh start etc

This case had no bearing on the takeover. The optimists thought if Stavely won she'd buy the club by herself which we don't  know was ever her intentions and pessimists think the case proves Staveley's a chancer with no financial clout and no credibility despite brokering large transactions in the middle east before. We already knew she didnt have the finances hence the Saudi involvement.

From all available info PIF are still keen, the legal cases continue in the background, nothing's materially changed or am I just stupid?

There are lots out there for the doubters to feel that the takeover is over...they may be proven to be correct....likewise I believe there is enough going on with the legal case and other little bits of info to provide some of us with optimism that the takeover may still happen.....We are all desperate for it to happen and I’m sure those who believe it’s all over will be glad to be wrong, if that is the case. I believe the biggest problem is our survival, and the next few weeks may be pivotal in everything. Ashley has a decision to make shortly...stick with Bruce or get rid....

I tend to agree actually no matter what happens in the courts etc PL survival is imperative

Let’s boil it down to the bare minimum here -

We all want a club to be proud of and support. Some of us want to be taken over by someone who will take care of the club and build it and some of us would love for it to be the current consortium.

This place is tired of MA, tired of Bruce, Lee Charnley, the shite moves in the transfer market or lack there of. We’re sick of being pointless. We’re over having aging and dated facilities...Tired of this all.

I know for sure most people on here would rather be talking about football, tactics, players, etc. not ownership and forensic analysis of Middle East politics or a case against Barclays, fuck all of that.

So from that lens, cut those who are trying to find optimism or a glimmer of hope in what are difficult times beyond football and cut those who are not as optimistic and harbor caution some slack. Everyone needs to take a step back. This whole thing is tearing this place apart and it’s become quite a repetitive and cringe place when it’s the same people having a go at each other. Be kind, chill the fuck out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

We all want a club to be proud of and support. Some of us want to be taken over by someone who will take care of the club and build it and some of us would love for it to be the current consortium.

This place is tired of MA, tired of Bruce, Lee Charnley, the shite moves in the transfer market or lack there of. We’re sick of being pointless. We’re over having aging and dated facilities...Tired of this all.

I know for sure most people on here would rather be talking about football, tactics, players, etc. not ownership and forensic analysis of Middle East politics or a case against Barclays, fuck all of that.

So from that lens, cut those who are trying to find optimism or a glimmer of hope in what are difficult times beyond football and cut those who are not as optimistic and harbor caution some slack. Everyone needs to take a step back. This whole thing is tearing this place apart and it’s become quite a repetitive and cringe place when it’s the same people having a go at each other. Be kind, chill the fuck out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

:clap:

well said

Why not just call the other thread what it is then, La La Land?

Pretty sure if Keith/Whitley and his possible multiple accounts gave it a rest for a week this thread would be much calmer.

I’m sorry Sean but.....  :lol:

You really do lack self awareness in spades.

midds[/member] ban me for 6 months too please, Ikon had the right idea.

Sure?

Yeah, it's keeping me slightly attached to the club and in that sense it's doing more harm than good.

Well said :)

Can anyone enlighten me as to Ando’s credentials beyond getting the lineup right now and again? Why do so many people take his word as gospel? Genuinely interested, not trying to point score or have handbags with anyone.

Why not just call the other thread what it is then, La La Land?

Pretty sure if Keith/Whitley and his possible multiple accounts gave it a rest for a week this thread would be much calmer.

I’m sorry Sean but.....  :lol:

You really do lack self awareness in spades.

midds[/member] ban me for 6 months too please, Ikon had the right idea.

Sure?

Yeah, it's keeping me slightly attached to the club and in that sense it's doing more harm than good.

No bother. End of August :thup:

Kanji[/member]  :thup:

Can anyone enlighten me as to Ando’s credentials beyond getting the lineup right now and again? Why do so many people take his word as gospel? Genuinely interested, not trying to point score or have handbags with anyone.

Has a link to somewhere close enough to the dressing room to know all the starting line ups before they're officially revealed.

Yeah but beyond that I mean. Like, why does that qualify him to know about the takeover and what are his ‘sources’ telling him?

He never answers when I ask him.

The real question you should be asking is why you feel the need to keep asking him.

Trying to get people to give up their sources is the definition of cringe.

His track record proves itself, literally hasn't put one piece of information on here that was wrong. That should be more than enough to just take the info and move on.

I don’t want him to give up his sources. Where did I say that? I’m asking to know what his information is.

Not reading a post before unjustifiably having a go at someone is the definition of cringe.

I am trying to work out what it is that makes him positive about the takeover and whether he really knows anything and why people seem to think he does know something.

I like many others am desperate for this takeover and I want to have genuine hope. Like I said, I’m not looking for handbags, I’m looking for information.

He might be getting team lineups right but why does that translate into having the inside track on the takeover. Bruce would get the lineup right but I doubt he knows any inside info on the takeover.

I don’t want him to give up his sources. Where did I say that?

I am trying to work out what it is that makes him positive about the takeover and whether he really knows anything and why people seem to think he does know something.

I like many others am desperate for this takeover and I want to have genuine hope. Like I said, I’m not looking for handbags, I’m looking for information.

He might be getting team lineups right but why does that translate into having the inside track on the takeover. Bruce would get the lineup right but I doubt he knows any inside info on the takeover.

I'm with you on this. Not wrong to ask for the info. And not right to believe everyone.

Yeah but beyond that I mean. Like, why does that qualify him to know about the takeover and what are his ‘sources’ telling him?

He never answers when I ask him.

The real question you should be asking is why you feel the need to keep asking him.

Trying to get people to give up their sources is the definition of cringe.

His track record proves itself, literally hasn't put one piece of information on here that was wrong. That should be more than enough to just take the info and move on.

Yeah but he's also a person who has his own opinions and beliefs just like we all do as supporters :lol: Not everything he posts is necessarily a goblet of information. Getting a leak about team news a few hours before a matchday is very different from having a source close to the arbitration process.

George > Mimms > Keith > Ando

Tell us sweet little nothings, Ando,

Sooth us, remove us from this doubt,

Our ears have gone commando, Ando,

Let the whispers out.

With great power comes great responsibility. You are the latest in a very important ITK line.

Got told through an unusual source (but not one to bullshit) that is 100% off now for what it's worth.

Hopefully it’ll actually officially be announced as off so a lot of us can walk away. Leaving it for people to make their own opinions up is doing nobody any favours.

Got told through an unusual source (but not one to bullshit) that is 100% off now for what it's worth.

Because of Biden censuring MBS? Staveley’s court case?

Can you say any more?