Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I think it's kaput now - but I hope I'm wrong.

Yep I thought it was with the fact Ashley is doing f***, but, gamble on relegation again and the fact that PIF planes (stated within the report) were used in the killing of Kashoggi indicates to me that it is going to be very hard to seperate PIF from the state. The every decreasing ultra positives within the fanbase will continue to tell you it's all on track though, but, to be fair they're entitled to have their opinion even though I think it's pie in the sky now.

I was 50/50 pending staying up, but, as I said the fact that Ashley doesn't look to be giving a f*** again and the release of that report has knocked that on the head.

This honestly changes nothing  :lol:

If PIF are found to be seperate = we win.

If not, then we lose. This was always the argument and the problem, just because this news has been released do people really think the legal team are aborting mission and giving up?

Their aim is to find a loophole or a resolution that gets this takeover through. This doesn't kill the deal at all, this is old news anyway, but now that Biden has some more info MBS is found guilty? In which court was that?

Also IMMTS rushing in here within minutes of bad news breaking. First MBS now AS. You got banned before for being a dick yet you openly admit creating a new username and doing the same thing again? Seriously man wtf  :lol:

Only thing that matters now is time, we wait and wait until its done or its dead. Literally no point in trying to predict anything because absolutely nobody knows what's really happening.

It's been kaput for fucking ages just it's so crushing that most don't want to give up on it. I was burned by the hope it would happen and I take no pleasure in anything, I have no idea, no inside information etc, but everyone on here has been strung along for so long by people claiming as such. It taking so long is not a sign of likelihood building, it is likelihood fading. The idea that this is final proof that MBS would have control over PIF is silly because it was always fucking obvious he did have control of PIF he's the fucking chairman. The Premier League didn't have to be sherlock fucking holmes to work that one out.

I hope I'm wrong. I know this thread has been a car crash. There are those almost gloat about it not happening, and post loads about it. Yeah they're annoying. There are those who claim anyone thinking, hmmm maybe this is a well whipped dead horse is some kind of anti fan who love ashley too. Fuck this splitting of the fans. We should all go down in this death spiral of a club together not turning on each other.

Again, I hope I am wrong. But sorry if I hear one more 'the buying side is confident' I will strangle someone.

This honestly changes nothing  :lol:

If PIF are found to be seperate = we win.

If not, then we lose. This was always the argument and the problem, just because this news has been released do people really think the legal team are aborting mission and giving up?

Their aim is to find a loophole or a resolution that gets this takeover through. This doesn't kill the deal at all, this is old news anyway, but now that Biden has some more info MBS is found guilty? In which court was that?

Also IMMTS rushing in here within minutes of bad news breaking. First MBS now AS. You got banned before for being a dick yet you openly admit creating a new username and doing the same thing again? Seriously man wtf  :lol:

Only thing that matters now is time, we wait and wait until its done or its dead. Literally no point in trying to predict anything because absolutely nobody knows what's really happening.

The reason it changes nothing is because it was over before today anyway.

This coming from the US government in which the past US president approved the assassination of an Iranian general and the current one just approved airstrikes on Syria

I've said it before and I've said it again. It is absolutely ludicrous that any football club ever be owned by any nation state. It is inevitably corrupting etc. Now since we live in this world of complete cunts owning clubs it is horrendous that we get singled out, but sorry, BUT DAVE DID IT TOO is an argument for school playgrounds.

Staveley was given a vendor loan from Ashley for her stake in the sale secured against against any award from her Barclays case. Her part in this must be in serious doubt; no idea if that loan is now void.

Just an added problem. DeMarco has got a right job on here.

Staveley was given a vendor loan from Ashley for her stake in the sale secured against against any award from her Barclays case. Her part in this must be in serious doubt; no idea if that loan is now void.

Just an added problem. DeMarco has got a right job on here.

Nee bother, man. Just wait 18 months for Amanda to win her appeal and then Nick can kick on with on Operation Zebra again.

I find it fascinating how every piece of bad news is immediately discredited by some posters :lol:

“Have you seen Staveley has been sent to prison for murder?”

“Yeah, but... It doesn’t matter because the consortium could just use someone else to front the bid”

“Have you seen Saudi Arabia have lost all of their money and gone bankrupt?”

“Yeah, but... They’re just hiding the money for the takeover”