Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Thread has got even more shitter than I would have imagined.

As much as I admire Whitley mag[/member] 's positivity and confidence that this takeover will go through, and by the way, its good that there's a thread specifically for that, he did come into this thread and started (i don't know the word to use but perhaps) 'goading' gdm[/member] who had every right to be realistic and negative in this particular thread. You even admitted that you failed to resist the temptation in doing so to come in this thread and have a go at some who have given up. Found it sad reading you saying it's a good thing some of us have given up on the takeover.

Then this thread turned childish real quick and hence the 3-4 pages of absolute verbal handbags between the two of you.

I have to respond to this sorry like and it will be my final word on subject.

I’m not goading anyone and was simply pointing out that if certain posters are saying the takeover is over based on this U.S intelligence report then fine, but these same posters have claimed it’s been over for moths yet still feel the need to read about something they think is over ? Certain posters feel the need to keep repeating that it’s over, I find that more bizarre than any of my positivity. If I thought something was over I wouldn’t waste anymore of my time on it.

As for gdm the bloke comes into the positivity thread attempting to call people out all the time, then when you try and humour him and debate back, sticks his little insults in when he doesn’t like the way it’s going, as exampled last night by his little loopy emojis when he starts to get annoyed. If you’re going to dish it expect it back, he wouldn’t last 2 minutes on somewhere like ‘skunkers’ in the old days.

As for being goaded, no one is goaded more than myself on here. However, I take it in good spirit and try to have a laugh where possible. I certainly don’t go running asking for anyone to be banned, and treat this place as a bit of light relief during lockdown.

However, I’m absolutely deadly serious when it comes to one matter.....the takeover will happen mark my words folks, and I’ll even be happy for the likes of gdm and Shaun when it does, as we’re all Mags at the end of the day.

I hope your right and ill eat humble pie with my face, but I just don't see what the delay is and nobody has explained the reasons for it, Masters tactic of kicking the can down the road has worked once.

As much as I admire Whitley mag[/member] 's positivity and confidence that this takeover will go through, and by the way, its good that there's a thread specifically for that, he did come into this thread and started (i don't know the word to use but perhaps) 'goading' gdm[/member] who had every right to be realistic and negative in this particular thread. You even admitted that you failed to resist the temptation in doing so to come in this thread and have a go at some who have given up. Found it sad reading you saying it's a good thing some of us have given up on the takeover.

Then this thread turned childish real quick and hence the 3-4 pages of absolute verbal handbags between the two of you.

I’m not goading anyone and was simply pointing out that if certain posters are saying the takeover is over based on this U.S intelligence report then fine, but these same posters have claimed it’s been over for moths yet still feel the need to read about something they think is over ? Certain posters feel the need to keep repeating that it’s over, I find that more bizarre than any of my positivity. If I thought something was over I wouldn’t waste anymore of my time on it.

As for gdm the bloke comes into the positivity thread attempting to call people out all the time, then when you try and humour him and debate back, sticks his little insults in when he doesn’t like the way it’s going, as exampled last night by his little loopy emojis when he starts to get annoyed. If you’re going to dish it expect it back, he wouldn’t last 2 minutes on somewhere like ‘skunkers’ in the old days.

As for being goaded, no one is goaded more than myself on here. However, I take it in good spirit and try to have a laugh where possible. I certainly don’t go running asking for anyone to be banned, and treat this place as a bit of light relief during lockdown.

However, I’m absolutely deadly serious when it comes to one matter.....the takeover will happen mark my words folks, and I’ll even be happy for the likes of gdm and Shaun when it does, as we’re all Mags at the end of the day.

:lol:

Guest reefatoon

Wow, I want that 10 minutes of my life back. What a shit show those last few pages were and in this thread, that’s saying something. Let’s set a third thread up just for gdm and Whitley, where they can swing their handbags at each other until their hearts content. Nice to see Ando popping in with an update, though it may have been lost a little amongst all the aids.

Well said!

The Takeover will obviously happen, and it will be great to live in the post-Ashley and new-Staveley/PIF/Reubens world of the great NUFC !!!

Anyone who is confident it is happening, is basing it on other people being confident it is happening and those in turn only feel that way because they have been told by someone from Staveleys end.

They have been confident of buying the club for 3 years FFS.

If it happens, great but there is absolutely fuck all tangible to be confident about.

Why are you still mentioning me you fucking lunatic? You've driven most posters away from wanting to post with your inane dribble.

Why not just call the other thread what it is then, La La Land?

Pretty sure if Keith/Whitley and his possible multiple accounts gave it a rest for a week this thread would be much calmer.

I’m sorry Sean but.....  :lol:

You really do lack self awareness in spades.

midds[/member] ban me for 6 months too please, Ikon had the right idea.

Why not just call the other thread what it is then, La La Land?

Pretty sure if Keith/Whitley and his possible multiple accounts gave it a rest for a week this thread would be much calmer.

I’m sorry Sean but.....  :lol:

You really do lack self awareness in spades.

midds[/member] ban me for 6 months too please, Ikon had the right idea.

Sure?

The humble pie comment is a bit silly mind. I don’t think there will be a single person that would be gutted they are wrong if it goes thru. Like I said yesterday I make my decision & opinion based around the info I have available to me, if that info changes then my opinion may change there is nothing wrong with that so talk of humble pie is ridiculous. That being said if Ando has any info he wants to share, please feel free...

As someone else said let’s play nice we all want the same thing

This case had no bearing on the takeover. The optimists thought if Stavely won she'd buy the club by herself which we don't  know was ever her intentions and pessimists think the case proves Staveley's a chancer with no financial clout and no credibility despite brokering large transactions in the middle east before. We already knew she didnt have the finances hence the Saudi involvement.

From all available info PIF are still keen, the legal cases continue in the background, nothing's materially changed or am I just stupid?

I'm back to not caring about being the richest team anymore and wanting this takeover. I just want anyone but Ashley again now and to kick Bruce to the curb and have a team to care about and want to win again. I'd even take relegation if it meant a new beginning but unfortunately we all know its unlikely as Ashley won't let us go cheap.

This case had no bearing on the takeover. The optimists thought if Stavely won she'd buy the club by herself which we don't  know was ever her intentions and pessimists think the case proves Staveley's a chancer with no financial clout and no credibility despite brokering large transactions in the middle east before. We already knew she didnt have the finances hence the Saudi involvement.

From all available info PIF are still keen, the legal cases continue in the background, nothing's materially changed or am I just stupid?

There are lots out there for the doubters to feel that the takeover is over...they may be proven to be correct....likewise I believe there is enough going on with the legal case and other little bits of info to provide some of us with optimism that the takeover may still happen.....We are all desperate for it to happen and I’m sure those who believe it’s all over will be glad to be wrong, if that is the case. I believe the biggest problem is our survival, and the next few weeks may be pivotal in everything. Ashley has a decision to make shortly...stick with Bruce or get rid....