Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

iBaVrFCZ_o.jpeg

Poll reset.

Same as last time. No and don't want actual murderers and war criminals owning the club.

100% this :thup:

Would you both rather stick with Mike Ashley for now in the hope of getting taken over by someone else who would most likely run it in the same way?

Why would you assume an alternative buyer would run the club as badly as Ashley? There are 19 other clubs in the league and near enough all of them are ran better than ours.

Must be something unique about our club that we only seem to attract the chancers and deadbeats who don't have two pennies to rub together. The PIF bid was knocked back the best part of a year ago, and no one else has put a serious bid in.

Have we had a statement , ever, saying we still want to buy your club and we are in a process that might take a bit of time? Off the buyers, ? Have we had that yet since the original knock back ?

Have we had a statement , ever, saying we still want to buy your club and we are in a process that might take a bit of time? Off the buyers, ? Have we had that yet since the original knock back ?

Nope just some of the local journalists saying they are from discussions with the buyers.

So this could all just be bollocks ?  :lol:

If it is, then you need to think about what is is that Nick de Marco is trying to do.

I don't believe it's just to get compensation for Ashley and nothing else.

It most likely is just about Ashley compo, but if they string the fans along it keeps them off his back and makes him look like he’s doing what he can to leave.

It will get interesting if we go down. Ashley will want the loss of asking price or costs to get us back up. He won’t let that go and I don’t blame him. We go down it’s because we’ve become more of a zombie club than ever before, and we have the PL to thank for that.

So this could all just be bollocks ?  [emoji38]

If it is, then you need to think about what is is that Nick de Marco is trying to do.

It most likely is just about Ashley compo, but if they string the fans along it keeps them off his back and makes him look like he’s doing what he can to leave.

It will get interesting if we go down. Ashley will want the loss of asking price or costs to get us back up. He won’t let that go and I don’t blame him. We go down it’s because we’ve become more of a zombie club than ever before, and we have the PL to thank for that.

If we go down there will be only one person to blame and that’s Ashley himself.

Not that I want to defend them, but the PL didn't force Ashley to appoint shit managers and backroom staff. They didn't twist his arm to make a secretary DOF either.

He'd get laughed out of court for blaming relegation on the PL, and rightly so. This relegation is solely on him and nobody else.

As far as I am concerned this takeover is dead and buried now. DeMarco is there to get compensation and embarrass the PL. Nothing more in it than that.

It's this lack of clarity about what is going on that's sending everyone bonkers.

I would still maintain though that he can't possibly try and blame the PL for relegation. He could have avoided that by dumping Bruce weeks ago. No one has a gun to Ashley's head telling him to keep Bruce.

So tonnes of pages since this was rejected and the supposed buyers still haven’t said they are still wanting to buy us?

I find that staggering .    Wtf are we still talking about it then ffs  :lol:

He won't have a leg to stand on. We bought in Wilson, Lewis, Hendrick and Fraser during the summer with no serious outgoings. We were 13th and 7 points clear with a game in hand over the relegation zone at Christmas.

This capitulation has nothing to do with a failed takeover over from July.

He'd get laughed out of court for blaming relegation on the PL, and rightly so. This relegation is solely on him and nobody else.

As far as I am concerned this takeover is dead and buried now. DeMarco is there to get compensation and embarrass the PL. Nothing more in it than that.

Based on what? All the best sources we have - Keith, Caulkin, Kennedy, Jacobs - think that Amanda is still trying to buy the club and they all agree that the legal proceedings are not limited to Fat Mike getting compensation. Even De Marco's own comments the other day suggest that this is not about compensation. He said, speaking in general terms, "Arbitration is risky so it's best to try and reach a deal without the need for it".

Based on what? All the best sources we have - Keith, Caulkin, Kennedy, Jacobs - think that Amanda is still trying to buy the club and they all agree that the legal proceedings are not limited to Fat Mike getting compensation. Even De Marco's own comments the other day suggest that this is not about compensation. He said, speaking in general terms, "Arbitration is risky so it's best to try and reach a deal without the need for it".

So why are the “buyers” if they exist not uttering a word?

Are you telling me they can’t even say we want to still try and buy the club? I just assumed they said it , unbelievable you are taking the words of anyone ffs, it’s nuts .

Not that I want to defend them, but the PL didn't force Ashley to appoint s*** managers and backroom staff. They didn't twist his arm to make a secretary DOF either.

Steve Wraith said Charnley used to make him cups of tea when he was involved with the fans liaison, He has been promoted way above his station because he's weak and cheap. Ashley has hollowed out the club and runs it on a shoestring, when he eventually goes it will take a massive effort to build it back to a functioning well run club.

So tonnes of pages since this was rejected and the supposed buyers still haven’t said they are still wanting to buy us?

Probably 350 pages of the daily argument between the optimistic vs overly pessimistic and 100 pages of the mandatory "Keith should get off twitter" replies after any NCSL tweet is posted here.

At this rate we will se 1-2 more takeover threads before any conclusion to the saga

'Your honour, the plaintiff appointed Steve Bruce as manager.  The defence rests.'

Based on the reality of what is happening in front of our eyes. Ashley is allowing the club to slide into the bottom three without any urgency to halt the problem. There's no money coming into the club so he's not going to fork out even more in compensation packages for sacked managers and coaches.

I think that the Keith fella has been led a merry dance by Ashley actually. He's probably being used by Ashley as a pawn to secure his compo deal. Journalists are being strung along to feed the fans with takeover hope to ensure there is little heat applied regarding the club's performances on the pitch.

Benitez going to another club will be the next nail hammered into the coffin.

If this deal was anywhere near close to reality as we have been led to believe the buyers would have been working in conjunction with Ashley to keep a relegation battle at bay.

Why would they need to? Just because they haven't said anything doesn't mean they don't want to.

The only piece of viable information we have is that the companies set up to do the deal are still active on companies House.

With that info it's not ludicrous to say its still alive.

Which seems more likely to you?:

1) George and Keith have contact with the buyers, albeit limited, and they know enough to know the deal is alive.

or

2) George Caulkin is a pathological liar and is willing to destroy his well-earned reputation as the #1 NUFC journalist for twitter likes. Keith is also flat out lying and is willing to destroy his credibility as a local businessman.

I don't think either of them are lying. I think they are being fed lies by Ashley and the buyers.