Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

There are more possibilities than just those two scenarios, including Caulkin continuing to act as a mouthpiece for a bullish Staveley which is, after all, what his job inevitably involves

(what Wandy said, aye)

So this could all just be bollocks ?  :lol:

If it is, then you need to think about what is is that Nick de Marco is trying to do.

I don't believe it's just to get compensation for Ashley and nothing else.

It most likely is just about Ashley compo, but if they string the fans along it keeps them off his back and makes him look like he’s doing what he can to leave.

It will get interesting if we go down. Ashley will want the loss of asking price or costs to get us back up. He won’t let that go and I don’t blame him. We go down it’s because we’ve become more of a zombie club than ever before, and we have the PL to thank for that.

He'd get laughed out of court for blaming relegation on the PL, and rightly so. This relegation is solely on him and nobody else.

As far as I am concerned this takeover is dead and buried now. DeMarco is there to get compensation and embarrass the PL. Nothing more in it than that.

Based on what? All the best sources we have - Keith, Caulkin, Kennedy, Jacobs - think that Amanda is still trying to buy the club and they all agree that the legal proceedings are not limited to Fat Mike getting compensation. Even De Marco's own comments the other day suggest that this is not about compensation. He said, speaking in general terms, "Arbitration is risky so it's best to try and reach a deal without the need for it".

Which seems more likely to you?:

1) George and Keith have contact with the buyers, albeit limited, and they know enough to know the deal is alive.

or

2) George Caulkin is a pathological liar and is willing to destroy his well-earned reputation as the #1 NUFC journalist for twitter likes. Keith is also flat out lying and is willing to destroy his credibility as a local businessman.

I don't think either of them are lying. I think they are being fed lies by Ashley and the buyers.

What's the motive?

If it is, then you need to think about what is is that Nick de Marco is trying to do.

It most likely is just about Ashley compo, but if they string the fans along it keeps them off his back and makes him look like he’s doing what he can to leave.

It will get interesting if we go down. Ashley will want the loss of asking price or costs to get us back up. He won’t let that go and I don’t blame him. We go down it’s because we’ve become more of a zombie club than ever before, and we have the PL to thank for that.

He'd get laughed out of court for blaming relegation on the PL, and rightly so. This relegation is solely on him and nobody else.

As far as I am concerned this takeover is dead and buried now. DeMarco is there to get compensation and embarrass the PL. Nothing more in it than that.

Based on what? All the best sources we have - Keith, Caulkin, Kennedy, Jacobs - think that Amanda is still trying to buy the club and they all agree that the legal proceedings are not limited to Fat Mike getting compensation. Even De Marco's own comments the other day suggest that this is not about compensation. He said, speaking in general terms, "Arbitration is risky so it's best to try and reach a deal without the need for it".

1) George and Keith have contact with the buyers, albeit limited, and they know enough to know the deal is alive.

or

2) George Caulkin is a pathological liar and is willing to destroy his well-earned reputation as the #1 NUFC journalist for twitter likes. Keith is also flat out lying and is willing to destroy his credibility as a local businessman.

I don't think either of them are lying. I think they are being fed lies by Ashley and the buyers.

What do you think Amanda's motivation for lying about this would be? Personally, I'd do Keith and George the favour of saying I don't think either of them are that stupid.

However, if you think everyone who knows something has been lied to, then I'm afraid I've no comeback. I'm not in a position to disprove a speculative conspiracy theory.

or

What's the motive?

To hide the fact that DeMarco is there simply to get compensation for Ashley. I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley has also struck up an arrangement to give Staveley her deposit back if he wins. The fans and media get used in order to keep the spotlight on the PL whilst distracting attention from the neglect to the playing side.

or

What do you think Amanda's motivation for lying about this would be? Personally, I'd do Keith and George the favour of saying I don't think either of them are that stupid.

However, if you think everyone who knows something has been lied to, then I'm afraid I've no comeback. I'm not in a position to disprove a speculative conspiracy theory.

The whole takeover saga has been one gigantic conspiracy theory man.

Caulkin was blatantly suckered by the buyers last summer. Which is why he has wislely said almost nothing ever since.

I feel almost feel sorry for the Keith fella tbh. He is now coming across as someone who had no idea what he was getting into and it's all now way above his head.

So tonnes of pages since this was rejected and the supposed buyers still haven’t said they are still wanting to buy us?

I find that staggering .    Wtf are we still talking about it then ffs  :lol:

Why would they need to? Just because they haven't said anything doesn't mean they don't want to.

The only piece of viable information we have is that the companies set up to do the deal are still active on companies House.

With that info it's not ludicrous to say its still alive.

Is that it?  :lol:      Ok mate I just assumed the buyers had said they are still buying us, they haven’t , so I assume they aren’t , pretty simple. Did they not say they have pulled out ? Sure they did months ago

or

Caulkin was blatantly suckered by the buyers last summer. Which is why he has wislely said almost nothing ever since.

I feel almost feel sorry for the Keith fella tbh. He is now coming across as someone who had no idea what he was getting into and it's all now way above his head.

He put out an article a few weeks ago, quoting the buyers as saying, "We'll get it done", and, "Relegetaion would be a pain in the arse."

I think simplest explanation is that Amanda is still trying to buy the club, there are complications standing in the way and it may or may not happen. No conspiracy needed.

So why are the “buyers” if they exist not uttering a word?

Are you telling me they can’t even say we want to still try and buy the club? I just assumed they said it , unbelievable you are taking the words of anyone ffs, it’s nuts .

Saudi’s are not going to risk losing face by publicly declaring this. You can’t judge a different culture by western standards.

I guess it really comes down to how much meaning you attach to 'Amanda Staveley is still trying to buy the club'. I don't doubt that she is, I'm just increasingly coming to the conclusion that she'll never manage it no matter how much she wants to

or

He put out an article a few weeks ago, quoting the buyers as saying, "We'll get it done", and, "Relegetaion would be a pain in the arse."

I think simplest explanation is that Amanda is still trying to buy the club, there are complications standing in the way and it may or may not happen. No conspiracy needed.

The difference is, last summer not only was he quoting the buyers he was positively booming that it would happen, based on what info he was getting. This time it's different, and more like "this is what they are saying, don't look at me if it's all bollocks".

So looks like February has come and gone without even a hint of an update. It’s almost like certain people have been talking shite. Meanwhile we are nearer relegation that we have been this season

So looks like February has come and gone without even a hint of an update. It’s almost like certain people have been talking shite. Meanwhile we are nearer relegation that we have been this season

For once I agree with you.....although still optimistic, I’m beginning to think that the takeover will be awhile coming. The legal side of this, is taking a long time to solve and could still be weeks/months away before a satisfactory solution is reached. Meanwhile our depths of despair at the rear end of the league could cause massive repercussions for the outcome. As I’ve mentioned earlier, Ashley has to now either stick with Bruce and accept the consequences or make a bold decision and get someone in to give the club a b boost.

Irrespective of the outcome of arbitration or wherever it may lead, I can't help but think there'll need to be another round of negotiations between buyer and seller in light of our current predicament, so in my eyes if this is going to be completed, it won't be until after the season ends.

There is not, and never has been a Santa Claus kids.

Stop clinging to the hope that you might get a Christmas present one day.

Daddy Mike hates you, and the beatings will never stop.

So tonnes of pages since this was rejected and the supposed buyers still haven’t said they are still wanting to buy us?

I find that staggering .    Wtf are we still talking about it then ffs  :lol:

Why would they need to? Just because they haven't said anything doesn't mean they don't want to.

The only piece of viable information we have is that the companies set up to do the deal are still active on companies House.

With that info it's not ludicrous to say its still alive.

Is that it?  :lol:      Ok mate I just assumed the buyers had said they are still buying us, they haven’t , so I assume they aren’t , pretty simple. Did they not say they have pulled out ? Sure they did months ago

"Our view has not changed one iota, we'll get it done"

"If the Premier League came to us and said we will approve you, we would do this deal tomorrow, all three parties of the consortium"

These are quotes from the buyers via Caulkin. Without a direct public statement I doubt you would say that If you had given up.

But again they have no reason to tell anyone/make a statement they are still wanting to buy, it's just to ease our worries if they did.

But with the evidence we have I think they are definitely still trying. It just comes down to if a deal can be done with the PL or arbitration goes in our favour.

So looks like February has come and gone without even a hint of an update. It’s almost like certain people have been talking s****. Meanwhile we are nearer relegation that we have been this season

This ‘good news’ has been pushed back month by month by the same sources.

I was very much a believer in this until January. Now it’s clearer than ever that fuck all is happening.

I’ve switched threads deliberately.Although I’m still optimistic that the takeover will still happen, I’m now of the opinion that it may happen later rather than sooner. The legal side of this process is ongoing but seems to be stuck....your guess is as good as mine as to why. Meanwhile issues closer to home, if we don’t get a result against WBA, with 12 games to go and realistically 12-14 points still needed. Is Ashley really going to gamble his £350M Business on Bruce.....Time is running down Mr Ashley...you need to make a decision now.

I’ve switched threads deliberately.Although I’m still optimistic that the takeover will still happen, I’m now of the opinion that it may happen later rather than sooner. The legal side of this process is ongoing but seems to be stuck....your guess is as good as mine as to why. Meanwhile issues closer to home, if we don’t get a result against WBA, with 12 games to go and realistically 12-14 points still needed. Is Ashley really going to gamble his £350M Business on Bruce.....Time is running down Mr Ashley...you need to make a decision now.

Think the big question is why he is so willing to stick with Bruce if the takeover still has a chance of happening? Makes no sense to me

You're right in my opinion nothing will happen (if there is anyway) until the end of the season. As I've mentioned a few times, the fact that Ashley is willing to gamble relegation and put the value of a reported 350m deal to probably half in value, indicates to me that nothing is happening. We will see

Think the big question is why he is so willing to stick with Bruce if the takeover still has a chance of happening? Makes no sense to me

That is one question that doesn’t make sense to me either unless he still thinks the Takeover is to happen SOON and he’s not prepared to spend more money by getting rid of Bruce and his entourage. A very big gamble indeed if that is the case.

Yep I'm the same, it just doesn't

You're right in my opinion nothing will happen (if there is anyway) until the end of the season. As I've mentioned a few times, the fact that Ashley is willing to gamble relegation and put the value of a reported 350m deal to probably half in value, indicates to me that nothing is happening. We will see

That’s what doesn’t make sense...if the Takeover’s not close, why gamble with relegation and a £350m Business...Why stick with Bruce when it’s obvious to Barnes and co that this Bufoon is going to take us down.