Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

This won't have anything to do with what DeMarco is doing.

What it is refering to is that with the club heading for relegation there are no buyers, confirming that the Saudis are not interested in buying us as a Championship club.

I think it's just sensationalist language from Edwards designed for attention.

Arbitration is happening and will continue to happen, with a view to removing whatever the obstruction is to enable the takeover. That won't have just stopped. Everything hinges on that reaching a successful conclusion. If it does, Staveley and the Saudis will complete the takeover...

... on the condition that we stay in the Premier League.

So nowt's changed really, imo, other than a rebuttal to the speculation that relegation wouldn't matter. It wouldn't matter to Staveley but clearly it would matter to Ashley, presumably because it would mean a lower sale price.

We need to stay up, simple as that. We knew that.

Going down and stuck with Ashley, can’t wait to hear the positive spin on it.  :lol:

We are completely fucked and yet again totally self inflicted.

Caps Lock Keith will say it’s not going to stop the takeover, nothing will if you believe hard enough, WE WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!!!!

I think it's just sensationalist language from Edwards designed for attention.

Arbitration is happening and will continue to happen, with a view to removing whatever the obstruction is to enable the takeover. That won't have just stopped. Everything hinges on that reaching a successful conclusion. If it does, Staveley and the Saudis will complete the takeover...

... on the condition that we stay in the Premier League.

So nowt's changed really, imo, other than a rebuttal to the speculation that relegation wouldn't matter. It wouldn't matter to Staveley but clearly it would matter to Ashley, presumably because it would mean a lower sale price.

We need to stay up, simple as that. We knew that.

With the players we have out and Bruce in charge it’ll take a near miracle to stay up so aye the takeover is finished

Well, nah. If Spurs beat Fulham and we beat West Brom which - despite everything, is hardly beyond the realms of possibility - the gap is six points again, which is actually more than it was at this stage last season.

And if West Brom beat us that’s only 6 points between us and them and suddenly that’s 2 relegation spaces opened up.

Lots of ifs but one thing for certain we are missing 3 huge players

I haven't taken much notice of what Edwards has been saying lately, but hasn't he been pouring cold water on the takeover talk for months now?  Therefore, from his perspective, what has actually been halted?

Anyone really care anymore? Clearly the takeover is absolutely nowhere near or for that matter even still on the cards at all, regardless of going down or staying up, what is the point of it all with Ashley here.

Also shows Bruce is going nowhere because if as many believed the takeover rested on being in the league he would have gone by now.

Edwards has had a morning wine, got angry at Loose Women and decided to crave attention by creating 'news' - Ashley hasn't listened to other offers for a while and it's not like the De Marco arbitration stuff is suddenly going to stop.

Edwards is and always has been full of s***.

As Yorkie pointed out, you cannot just stop the arbitration process.

He’s fishing for people to bite on the back of the bad injury news.

This is how I see it as well. Sticking the knife in to the fans he’s been goading for weeks.

IF there is any truth in it then the timing is interesting for those on the long terms ST deals.  Two days after the closure of the annual cancellation window, so if someone chose to cancel now then presumably they'd forego the right to any further refunds?

I’m said no takeover will happen as long as relegation is hanging over us, but, even I know that Edwards is a total clueless WUM prick. He’s doing exactly what he sets out to do and it works a treat every time, whether it be about the takeover, Bruce or NUFC in general.

Nowt has changed since January

- The club's not for sale (because they have a buyer)

- Relegation might bollocks things up

- KSA and PIF are the same thing

- The Prince is a bit of a git

- Arbitration hasn't properly started yet

- Amanda still wants to buy the club

We already know all of this. It's not time to soil your Solomon Grundies yet.

Reminds me of when we couldn’t build the new training ground because we were focused on surviving the relegation battle. You’d swear there is only one person working at the club at board level.

I haven't taken much notice of what Edwards has been saying lately, but hasn't he been pouring cold water on the takeover talk for months now?  Therefore, from his perspective, what has actually been halted?

Aye, I think since the 'withdrawal' by PIF last year, he's been pretty much saying the Takeover is/has been off since then, and that DeMarco is only doing whatever he's doing to get Ashley some Compo.

Has any journalist other than Kennedy directly said arbitration is happening/going to happen?

All I’ve seen is references to the club preparing a case etc. It’s also been reported on numerous occasions KSA and Qatar have had no conversations yet about Bein. How long does it take to ‘prepare’? It’s apparently been in progress since the start of the season when the takeover collapsed.

Where is the confidence coming from that something is even happening? We’re all agreed we have instructed QCs, but to do what? Nobody even knows what the club are aiming to achieve. The confidence appears to be coming from random cryptic tweets from people who claim they know stuff but nothing they have said in 4 months has come true (other than the club releasing two statements which is hardly groundbreaking... some apprentice working on the website could know that).

Absolutely nothing substantial has been reported on this since PIF pulled out. Unless you believe every handshake/conversation in KSA is in some way related to our takeover, which is the stuff made out of fairytales.

If there was a takeover in place, there is no way MA would allow Bruce to sleepwalk to relegation. That’s the massive indication right now that absolutely nothing is happening. Proof before everyones eyes which holds more weight than some crackpot on Twitter.

How does that mean he’s talking shit?

He’s reporting all takeover conversations have been halted and NUFC are no longer for sale, not specifically PIF.

All it does is back up his previously claims that nothing has been happening on the PIF sale since they pulled out and NUFC have been seeking alternatives.