Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I’ve switched threads deliberately.Although I’m still optimistic that the takeover will still happen, I’m now of the opinion that it may happen later rather than sooner. The legal side of this process is ongoing but seems to be stuck....your guess is as good as mine as to why. Meanwhile issues closer to home, if we don’t get a result against WBA, with 12 games to go and realistically 12-14 points still needed. Is Ashley really going to gamble his £350M Business on Bruce.....Time is running down Mr Ashley...you need to make a decision now.

Think the big question is why he is so willing to stick with Bruce if the takeover still has a chance of happening? Makes no sense to me

That is one question that doesn’t make sense to me either unless he still thinks the Takeover is to happen SOON and he’s not prepared to spend more money by getting rid of Bruce and his entourage. A very big gamble indeed if that is the case.

I think we're at the stage where they won't conclude a takeover 'soon' anyway as the value of the club will plummit if relgegation does happen. This then brings it back to the question why is Ashley not doing anything to stop the threat of relegation, if he really feels things are going to plan. 

I’ve switched threads deliberately.Although I’m still optimistic that the takeover will still happen, I’m now of the opinion that it may happen later rather than sooner. The legal side of this process is ongoing but seems to be stuck....your guess is as good as mine as to why. Meanwhile issues closer to home, if we don’t get a result against WBA, with 12 games to go and realistically 12-14 points still needed. Is Ashley really going to gamble his £350M Business on Bruce.....Time is running down Mr Ashley...you need to make a decision now.

You're right in my opinion nothing will happen (if there is anyway) until the end of the season. As I've mentioned a few times, the fact that Ashley is willing to gamble relegation and put the value of a reported 350m deal to probably half in value, indicates to me that nothing is happening. We will see

That’s what doesn’t make sense...if the Takeover’s not close, why gamble with relegation and a £350m Business...Why stick with Bruce when it’s obvious to Barnes and co that this Bufoon is going to take us down.

I guess bringing Jones in was his/the clubs way of dealing with the threat of relegation. There's a limited pool of managers available and who's to say they would want to join us anyway? Who knows what was tried to be sorted behind the scenes

You're right in my opinion nothing will happen (if there is anyway) until the end of the season. As I've mentioned a few times, the fact that Ashley is willing to gamble relegation and put the value of a reported 350m deal to probably half in value, indicates to me that nothing is happening. We will see

That’s what doesn’t make sense...if the Takeover’s not close, why gamble with relegation and a £350m Business...Why stick with Bruce when it’s obvious to Barnes and co that this Bufoon is going to take us down.

I guess bringing Jones in was his/the clubs way of dealing with the threat of relegation. There's a limited pool of managers available and who's to say they would want to join us anyway? Who knows what was tried to be sorted behind the scenes

A “no manager bounce” is probably better than having Bruce in charge😜

It doesn't make sense to us no, but it doesn't need to, has what's happened at the club for the past 10+ years ever made sense to us?

It's what Mike has done for years, if there's no take over going ahead then we continue with the status quo, ie Mike not giving a fuck and gambling on staying up with a no mark manager and penny pinching.

The inactivity in trying to protect PL status is significant I think. Two ways of looking at it, the legal stuff is going ahead but going to take another year to sort out. Mike Ashley doesn’t care about relegation as he thinks anyone with a pulse could bring this club back up. (Showing his lack of regard for both Rafa and Hughton)

Or.. and get your tin foil hat on. The legal stuff is going nowhere so the club are deliberately moving down a division to take the decision away from the PL and for a much easier test.

The inactivity in trying to protect PL status is significant I think. Two ways of looking at it, the legal stuff is going ahead but going to take another year to sort out. Mike Ashley doesn’t care about relegation as he thinks anyone with a pulse could bring this club back up. (Showing his lack of regard for both Rafa and Hughton)

Or.. and get your tin foil hat on. The legal stuff is going nowhere so the club are deliberately moving down a division to take the decision away from the PL and for a much easier test.

Stop it I cant get dragged back in, ive only just managed to get over it prob not happening. Fuck it im back to clutching some very thin straws......  :frantic: :frantic:

The legal stuff is going nowhere so the club are deliberately moving down a division to take the decision away from the PL and for a much easier test.

Very interesting angle :lol:

I'd probably accept a relegation if it led to the takeover and PIF/PCP/RB still got it, and we were rid of Ashley and Bruce.

But, would the new owners not just face the same issues again if/when we got promoted back to the PL?

Unless of course, Gulf relations, Piracy, etc were all sorted out in the interim?

The legal stuff is going nowhere so the club are deliberately moving down a division to take the decision away from the PL and for a much easier test.

Very interesting angle :lol:

I'd probably accept a relegation if it led to the takeover and PIF/PCP/RB still got it, and we were rid of Ashley and Bruce.

But, would the new owners not just face the same issues again if/when we got promoted back to the PL?

Unless of course, Gulf relations, Piracy, etc were all sorted out in the interim?

What a situation that would create for the PL though. What do they do if we got promoted? Tell us we couldn't play until we were sold ?

I'm quite certain that only refers to dealing with prospective buyers outside of Staveley and PIF.

If you have arbitration and lawyers in place, you don't just stop that entire process because of this. I'm not sure you even could.

Attention-seeking, IMO.

I mean, I don't get it. Why would they take the club off the market cos of relegation fears? Surely it would be the other way around, with the buyers saying "sort your shit out then we'll talk"?

I'm quite certain that only refers to dealing with prospective buyers outside of Staveley and PIF.

If you have arbitration and lawyers in place, you don't just stop that entire process because of this. I'm not sure you even could.

Attention-seeking, IMO.

That too.

Would be quite ironic/coincidental for the most negative arsehole/wind-up merchant who just HAPPENS to be the one journo who gets the leak on the whole thing crumbling down.

I mean, I don't get it. Why would they take the club off the market cos of relegation fears? Surely it would be the other way around, with the buyers saying "sort your shit out then we'll talk"?

Attention-seeking, IMO.

That too.

Would be quite ironic/coincidental for the most negative arsehole/wind-up merchant who just HAPPENS to be the one journo who gets the leak on the whole thing crumbling down.

Probably because under no circumstances will Ashley accept a lower deal. He’d rather try get club back up at first attempt that cut £100m-£150m off the asking price

Said it before and I will say it again. When we are relegated the next carrot that will be dangled to keep the fans onside will be "the takeover will go through if we get promoted". So utterly predictable.

Low and behold, it turns out all the ‘ITKs’ are full of shit and nothing is happening.

Edwards is a completely cunt, but other than the Mauriss bullshit he was fed by the club... He’s been more accurate than fan favourites Caulkin, Kennedy etc.

Low and behold, it turns out all the ‘ITKs’ are full of shit and nothing is happening.

Edwards is a completely cunt, but other than the Mauriss bullshit he was fed by the club... He’s been more accurate than fan favourites Caulkin, Kennedy etc.

Agreed and I fucking hate the prick.