Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

AS already stated that once PL passed the test, even now, the deal can wrapped up immediately. All parties involved agreed on this.

And today Lee Charnley acknowledged the statement which means Ashley’s stand is the same. They can do the deal at any time.

So obviously it’s GMs source that is bullshiting. I do trust GM though.

Or gms source is heavily biased towards the PL due to their connections, not expecting the lid to be blown off the way it has.

PL have been leaking things for weeks, gm may have even been used in this case.

Exactly what I think. I guess GM realises this now as well, after reading what Staveley said.

I agree it's a last ditch move by Stavely, I just don't think it'll work. The PL have what they wanted, they don't have to make a decision.

But now not making a decision is potentially going to cost the PL a minimum of £17m.

How's that? Ashley gets the 17m deposit, not them

The PL's actions, or lack of them, have caused the consortium to lose the £17m deposit. They would've got it back if they'd refused the test. So they will have a case to take the PL to court to recover that money as an absolute minimum.

So the PL will conclude there O&D test and refuse the takeover in order to avoid a legal battle for the £17m in which case PIF gets their £17m back.  But now the PL have given a decision PIF has grounds to appeal that refusal.  Could it go to a Court of Arbitration for Sport?  If so they may find the PL reasons for rejecting to be unreasonable.

So frustrating that PIF, PCP, Reubens, Ashley, the fans, the city council, Ashley all want this to happen, but because of outside influence from people that this will not affect in the slightest, the PL don’t want it to.

Purposely being held back.

So, after all this, who are the EPL accountable to? Is there no legal recourse over a mess like this? I mean, I suppose the be all and end all is what's written in their fit and proper owner's test, but are they liable to anyone or anything to ensure that their test itself is fair and legal? Especially if they're making unprecedented demands. The whole saga around the Prem stinks of corruption, it's up there with Sep Blatter's lot at FIFA.

Would expect if KSA complain to government, Masters will be pretty quickly up in front of a Parliamentary Committee to explain why he's damaged their relationship.

They pulled Mike Ashley up for suspect working conditions

Think people are forgetting there's two reasons given by the PIF, the total needless fuck-on with the Premier League and the uncertainty around the sport and economy due to Covid-19.  It's entirely possible if they'd known what they did know about the prospect of third-full stadiums till god knows when and so on they might not have started the process in the first place. And while they might have completed it if they got the green light weeks ago, deciding to get back on board now that they're out is a different proposition.

So, after all this, who are the EPL accountable to? Is there no legal recourse over a mess like this? I mean, I suppose the be all and end all is what's written in their fit and proper owner's test, but are they liable to anyone or anything to ensure that their test itself is fair and legal? Especially if they're making unprecedented demands. The whole saga around the Prem stinks of corruption, it's up there with Sep Blatter's lot at FIFA.

Would expect if KSA complain to government, Masters will be pretty quickly up in front of a Parliamentary Committee to explain why he's damaged their relationship.

Doubt KSA are bothered enough to complain to anyone. They'll just invest in a different club in a different league, with none of the chew or concessions that this deal comes with.

This takeover isn't finished, it might be in a knife edge end game but it is absolutely not over yet.

Come on now, its finished.  :lol:

Maybe in the original iteration, but it's not done. No way.

Even if Staveley and the Reubens found another party to replace PIF they would have to go through the whole process again, won't be able to take over the club before the start of the season and have no influence over the transfer market.

The only difference this time is Ashley is a lot more desperate and eager to sell. Realistically there probably won't be another credible buyer until next summer if Newcastle are still a Premier League club.

The Premier League has really f***ed Newcastle here. It was stupid from Masters saying there was no timetable for the deal to be approved. There should have been a deadline set in May for the deal to be approved and this would have given time for someone else to step in to buy the Newcastle or like I said previously for Staveley and the Reubens to look for someone else to replace PIF in the deal.

This takeover isn't finished, it might be in a knife edge end game but it is absolutely not over yet.

Of course its finished.  Saying what you want to happen won't make it happen and will just consign you to more heartache.  Just accept its over and move on. 

Doubt KSA are bothered enough to complain to anyone. They'll just invest in a different club in a different league, with none of the chew or concessions that this deal comes with.

Probably not, but if they are insulted enough to withdraw I would be expecting repercussions

Guest reefatoon

That petition on change.org is chugging along quite nicely, nearly 10,000 signed now. It’s a place for people to have a little vent. Good on it.

Of course its finished.  Saying what you want to happen won't make it happen and will just consign you to more heartache.  Just accept its over and move on.

The statements by both NUFC and the consortium read like a PR war with the PL.

Move on? Like it's that easy. I would've moved on in 2008 otherwise. 

I’d like Golfmag to expand on what he’s said because everything that’s coming out at the moment suggest that’s a load of bollocks. I still don’t get the bit where he’s saying the PL were on the brink of accepting it, convenient timing just as PIF pull the plug on it when they’ve had 17 twatting weeks to accept it. If they’d been more timely, then his claim that MA is moving the goalposts would have been a moot point. This is solely on the Premier League imo.

Look, Golfmag is not infallible. Look at it this way:

You have primary ITKs. These are people who have direct inside involvement and know exactly what’s going on with whatever they are tasked with handling. Unless it’s a golf deal, this is not Golfmag.

You then get secondary, tertiary etc ITKs who have access to those one above them in the chain (and may also witness physical presence of others without context). These ITKs only have access to the information that their source chooses to disclose. The source can put any spin on what they say to get their propaganda across. It’s still useful but must be considered and digested in that basis. Caulkin and Golfmag fit into this group.

the premier league is accountable to their member clubs and to a very limited extent the FA

I’d like Golfmag to expand on what he’s said because everything that’s coming out at the moment suggest that’s a load of bollocks. I still don’t get the bit where he’s saying the PL were on the brink of accepting it, convenient timing just as PIF pull the plug on it when they’ve had 17 twatting weeks to accept it. If they’d been more timely, then his claim that MA is moving the goalposts would have been a moot point. This is solely on the Premier League imo.

You have primary ITKs. These are people who have direct inside involvement and know exactly what’s going on with whatever they are tasked with handling. Unless it’s a golf deal, this is not Golfmag.

You then get secondary, tertiary etc ITKs who have access to those one above them in the chain (and may also witness physical presence of others without context). These ITKs only have access to the information that their source chooses to disclose. The source can put any spin on what they say to get their propaganda across. It’s still useful but must be considered and digested in that basis. Caulkin and Golfmag fit into this group.

Delightful use of tertiary. I first heard it in Geography at school and use it whenever I can, although those occasions are few and far between.

Sorry, totally off topic. Fuck masters and the premier league though. Wankers.

Agree with above

the premier league is accountable to their member clubs and to a very limited extent the FA

There’s also the doctrine of “restraint of trade” in the common law that could potentially apply here, but I can imagine such a case would be very expensive... I did my dissertation on it, primarily focused on the FL rules applying to conference clubs applying for promotion.