Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Its a bit like the Keegan case as in constructive dismissal - the PL have engineered a situation where any self respecting bidder would walk away due to frustration

Fair play to the number of posters on here who predicted that only to be shot down.

I guess it’s proven to be massive naivety on my part but I just didn’t foresee an entity like the PIF walking away in response to something like that.

But, if what AS says is correct, the PL wanted KSA not PIF to be named as the majority director, which 'is impossible'. So with the PL refusing to approve or refuse them and with no timescale for any sort of decision, then the uncertainty going on just ends up harming the club and its ongoing plans.

If the PL haven't been made formally aware of the withdrawal yet, in theory the tests are still on going. Of course the headlines will have made it back to the PL, and perhaps this will force a dialogue with them asking what is happening. Who knows, perhaps a dialogue + adverse publicity will engineer a way through to suit all parties, and it could be back on.

#Clutching

They’re being accused of dragging it out and bowing to the wishes of other clubs. Pretty sure they’ll not want that putting a question mark over its integrity. Would only take a short statement to rubbish it and to prove Staveley to be the liar people say she is and to clear their name.

Tomorrows chip wrappers. There will no damage to their integrity. We are small fry so the news will be forgotten soon enough. No one cares.

Don’t think it’s as simple as that. If Staveley’s claims are true then they should be transparent with their reasoning and stop hiding. If Staveley’s talking bullshit, it’s in their best interest to say as such surely?

Who cares about what she is saying though, apart from us. No one cares about whether there is any truth in what she says. Fans and media are too busy laughing at us to care about the truth.

I'd love you to be right and for this to drag out into something legal but we just don't hold any weight as a club or fanbase.

Nail on head

After a sleep and a detailed reading on Staveleys interview, I think it’s the end unless SA government steps in.

The key is, putting a person or a company as a director and then subject to the O&D test is reasonable, but putting a country isn’t. Simply speaking, no country could pass the test. Just how? It’s mission impossible. The PL simply wanna reject to deal by putting this impossible hurdle out. Their stance is very clear here.

However, I do think this is subject to legal battle because obviously PL has never put this requirement out in any prior takeovers. Not even Man City was required to put Qatar as its director.

This unfair treatment against us is clear as fuck.

Staveley and Reubens can still put this back in play, if they can convince PIF to come in with smaller percentage (in the beginning). If Steveley and Reubens own more than 50% together, then PL can't see PIF as the main owner / director? O&D tests have been almost done, business plan is in play and Staveley is very determined to see this through. I see this unlikely, but considering all the work, if Staveley wants the takeover, this is the best shot in years. If they withdraw from O&D then they have to do it fully again next time.

I see very unlikely that PIF / SA will play along anymore, but other option is obviously that Staveley and Reubens could still go and buy the club together if the can negotiate massive sponsorship deal with Saudis and later entrance for PIF. Would have been easier to do so earlier as it would be accepted without any doubt by PL.

All speculation and I believe this 99% sure over for now, but Staveley will come back with new arrangements later, I'm sure of that.

Feel physically sick after reading that Staveley interview. As many suspected, the premier league is corrupt to it’s core and is happy to maintain the status quo by keeping the top 6 and its broadcasters happy.

Think the statements released is a last ditch attempt to get this through but it’s given the PL what they want.

Genuinely feels like we’ve all been robbed of having a club to support again, and more importantly the region has been robbed of some much needed investment. Self preservation at its finest from the PL.

After sleeping on it, this will still happen. It’s just the ultimate pressure applied on the pl to do something. All eyes on the pl, think they are about to get burned.

Don't do it to yourself. It won't do you any favours to continue to think this way.

After sleeping on it, this will still happen. It’s just the ultimate pressure applied on the pl to do something. All eyes on the pl, think they are about to get burned.

Fucking Hell man  :lol: I love your optimism but you are like King Canute 

After all that's been said in the last 12 hours or so, financially unviable, walking away, victory for the oppressed it would be a bigger shitstorm if the PL now approve.  They  will look like they've been played and had their hands forced (or cut off) by the Saudi bullies 

It can't happen now imo

After all that's been said in the last 12 hours or so, financially unviable, walking away, victory for the oppressed it would be a bigger shitstorm if the PL now approve.  They  will look like they've been played and had their hands forced (or cut off) by the Saudi bullies 

It can't happen now imo

The Consortium have blown the lid off this and fans are about to fight back. Maybe not on here, but other avenues. They’ll fight for it, they’ll fight the PL and I think a few of the journos will get behind them now it’s close season as what else is there to do, but most importantly the government will have their say at some point and masters will find out he’s not appreciated and not the all powerful person he thinks he is.

If the pl are yet to have a formal withdrawal, and the consortium and Ashley are still willing to do the deal, then this is just pressure play, but they’ve gone all in from the off to inflict maximum impact. Pl aren’t going to be allowed to just walk away from this.

Wonder why Ashley is so quiet, he's not had anything leaked from his side or said anything right?

I guess probably he is enjoying his vacation in US.

Seriously I think he can do nothing here, other than lowering his asking price to cut down PIF involvement, which he won’t.

As suggested by someone here, the most viable option now is to cut down PIF involvement so that SA no longer required to be listed as director and subject to test. The key is in fact Reuben has the ability to do it. The question is whether he will do it now and why he didn’t do it at first place.

I do think the deal is not dead yet. The key is, unlike prior takeovers, this time Ashley do willing to sell and the buyer do willing to meet his asking price. They are on the same boat. Even if this got rejected as long as Staveley can come up a new deal the process can restart very quickly. That also probably explains why Staveley put no blame on Ashley and we also didn’t hear any bad words from Ashley against Staveley (Unlike last time).

They still can make a deal. The problem is how to get SA funding AND pass the O&D test.

I love this forum :)

One poster - 'The deal is still alive, it can still happen, Amanda is just playing the ultimate game of brinkmanship'

Next poster - 'The deal is dead, I'm burning my season ticket and I'm off to support Mongolian Yak polo'

It can't happen now imo

The Consortium have blown the lid off this and fans are about to fight back. Maybe not on here, but other avenues. They’ll fight for it, they’ll fight the PL and I think a few of the journos will get behind them now it’s close season as what else is there to do, but most importantly the government will have their say at some point and masters will find out he’s not appreciated and not the all powerful person he thinks he is.

If the pl are yet to have a formal withdrawal, and the consortium and Ashley are still willing to do the deal, then this is just pressure play, but they’ve gone all in from the off to inflict maximum impact. Pl aren’t going to be allowed to just walk away from this.

I think you're overlooking the fact that most people outside Newcastle either support whats happened or don't give flying fart

I do think the deal is not dead yet. The key is, unlike prior takeovers, this time Ashley do willing to sell and the buyer do willing to meet his asking price. They are on the same boat. Even if this got rejected as long as Staveley can come up a new deal the process can restart very quickly. That also probably explains why Staveley put no blame on Ashley and we also didn’t hear any bad words from Ashley against Staveley (Unlike last time).

They still can make a deal. The problem is how to get SA funding AND pass the O&D test.

That problem is the reason the deal is dead.