Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Awaymag, this is brilliant.  We were obviously brought up on the same humour.  I still, after all these years, can't say the word considerably without sounding like Rik.  My wife just looks at me blank.

Awaymag, this is brilliant.  We were obviously brought up on the same humour.  I still, after all these years, can't say the word considerably without sounding like Rik.  My wife just looks at me blank.

Error fuck off I started this, I want some credit 😫

The general consensus seems to be we’ll know if this is happening by December / January. Does anybody have any theories why by this point we’ll know ?

I mean by all accounts the bid is still on the table, so if it was about providing new info a decision could be reached at any point. The only scenarios I can think of is that’s how long it will take De Marco to present case to PL and ask for decision, or the consortium are restructuring the bid.

Beyond that I can’t think of any other reason for the expected timescale.

My theory is the PL are dragging it out as long as possible in hope it still goes away. They don’t want to approve it. It’ll get to xmas and near the window, we’ll be hanging around the bottom and with no sight of any movement from the PL the buyers finally call time.

Ashley will sue the PL in 2021 and win, but they’d rather go through that and lose money than upset so many other parties.

That’s possible and obviously our worse case scenario. We have to hope a potential legal settlement of 300 million plus is what pushes it over the line.

This was Liam Kennedy’s take on a certain someone’s show last night.

He said: “I wish I could tell everybody everything I know, but you can’t do that in these situations.

“Things are ticking away. The legal cogs are turning, and things are happening.

“That doesn’t mean we are all going to get the result that we want at the end, but it’s a positive in itself that everybody is still at the table.

“Everybody [who] is part of the consortium, the legal team [and] other legal bodies [are there].

“Everybody is there, and they’re talking; the Premier League, Newcastle United, and Mike Ashley [and] Justin Barnes.

“Everybody is there, and things are moving; I want to give more, but I can’t, unfortunately.”

When he says we might not get the result we want at the end, I honestly think he was talking about them being forced to reject it. That obviously is not the result we'd want but at least it would be open to appeal.

Not sure we have to remember that the club has effectively declared the bid rejected on constructive grounds.

We also have to remember the club is full of shit. Its been proven in court even. So best to ignore anything they say/declare  ;)

Sorry 1964.

Not sure if its relevant to the takeover but the Metro centre and Eldon square has just been sold, announcements next week.

Mike Ashley bought it, he is now saving out of town shopping.  Think of the trackie bottoms that could fill that floor space.

Not sure if its relevant to the takeover but the Metro centre and Eldon square has just been sold, announcements next week.

I also bought a sandwich today. Not sure if relevant to takeover but will announce next week

Oh don’t be such a girly swot Neil

Bacon

How is it?

A bit Porcine for those of Arabic persuasion.  Must have been a publicity stunt planted by Qatari's, or is it just a mis-directional plant to make people think things are off?

I'll keep my faith that the sandwich is a sign that the takeover will happen