Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

That aged well,  congrats it was indeed the young ones

Crop rotation in the 18th Century was considerably more widespread after..............?

John

"i didn't mean that much you stupid bloody hippy"

The thread has taken a much more entertaining direction!

That aged well,  congrats it was indeed the young ones

Crop rotation in the 18th Century was considerably more widespread after..............?

John

"i didn't mean that much you stupid bloody hippy"

The thread has taken a much more entertaining direction!

It's only University Challenge Rik, its only University Challenge......

The general consensus seems to be we’ll know if this is happening by December / January. Does anybody have any theories why by this point we’ll know ?

I mean by all accounts the bid is still on the table, so if it was about providing new info a decision could be reached at any point. The only scenarios I can think of is that’s how long it will take De Marco to present case to PL and ask for decision, or the consortium are restructuring the bid.

Beyond that I can’t think of any other reason for the expected timescale.

The general consensus seems to be we’ll know if this is happening by December / January. Does anybody have any theories why by this point we’ll know ?

I mean by all accounts the bid is still on the table, so if it was about providing new info a decision could be reached at any point. The only scenarios I can think of is that’s how long it will take De Marco to present case to PL and ask for decision, or the consortium are restructuring the bid.

My theory is the PL are dragging it out as long as possible in hope it still goes away. They don’t want to approve it. It’ll get to xmas and near the window, we’ll be hanging around the bottom and with no sight of any movement from the PL the buyers finally call time.

Ashley will sue the PL in 2021 and win, but they’d rather go through that and lose money than upset so many other parties.

My theory is the PL are dragging it out as long as possible in hope it still goes away. They don’t want to approve it. It’ll get to xmas and near the window, we’ll be hanging around the bottom and with no sight of any movement from the PL the buyers finally call time.

Ashley will sue the PL in 2021 and win, but they’d rather go through that and lose money than upset so many other parties.

That’s possible and obviously our worse case scenario. We have to hope a potential legal settlement of 300 million plus is what pushes it over the line.

This was Liam Kennedy’s take on a certain someone’s show last night.

He said: “I wish I could tell everybody everything I know, but you can’t do that in these situations.

“Things are ticking away. The legal cogs are turning, and things are happening.

“That doesn’t mean we are all going to get the result that we want at the end, but it’s a positive in itself that everybody is still at the table.

“Everybody [who] is part of the consortium, the legal team [and] other legal bodies [are there].

“Everybody is there, and they’re talking; the Premier League, Newcastle United, and Mike Ashley [and] Justin Barnes.

“Everybody is there, and things are moving; I want to give more, but I can’t, unfortunately.”

That’s possible and obviously our worse case scenario. We have to hope a potential legal settlement of 300 million plus is what pushes it over the line.

He said: “I wish I could tell everybody everything I know, but you can’t do that in these situations.

“That doesn’t mean we are all going to get the result that we want at the end, but it’s a positive in itself that everybody is still at the table.

“Everybody [who] is part of the consortium, the legal team [and] other legal bodies [are there].

“Everybody is there, and they’re talking; the Premier League, Newcastle United, and Mike Ashley [and] Justin Barnes.

“Everybody is there, and things are moving; I want to give more, but I can’t, unfortunately.”

When he says we might not get the result we want at the end, I honestly think he was talking about them being forced to reject it. That obviously is not the result we'd want but at least it would be open to appeal.

When he says we might not get the result we want at the end, I honestly think he was talking about them being forced to reject it. That obviously is not the result we'd want but at least it would be open to appeal.

Not sure we have to remember that the club has effectively declared the bid rejected on constructive grounds.

Not sure we have to remember that the club has effectively declared the bid rejected on constructive grounds.

An official rejection then.