Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Pure coincidence maybe, but let's go cans anyway!

Could be coincidence.

Could be significant.

Could be VERY significant.  O0 :snod:

I'll go with the latter

Pure coincidence maybe, but let's go cans anyway!

Could be coincidence.

Could be significant.

Could be VERY significant.  O0 :snod:

I'll go with the latter

Course you will :lol:

You?

It’s interesting but could mean nothing at all.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jamie-reuben-quits-qpr-what-19158075

Welcome to the third edition of the Black & White bulletin, our weekly look at NUFC matters. Some late, intriguing news on the NUFC takeover front as Jamie Reuben quits QPR.

What Jamie Reuben's resignation likely means for NUFC takeover.

So here we are again, back watching Companies House searching for clues as to what comes next in the long-running Newcastle takeover saga. Jamie Reuben resigning his QPR board role first came to light through a notification on Friday night, with no word from Rangers or the man himself.

It came as a surprise to those close to him, and was the first sign of something concrete from any of those involved in the deal for weeks. Sources were playing down any direct connection between this move and the takeover on Friday night. Reuben, though, remains keen to be part of this takeover. Nothing has changed since the statement issued by the Reubens back in the summer.

And what we do know is that work remains ongoing in the background on the takeover that all parties are still keen to complete. Saudi noses were certainly put out of joint, to the extent that PIF only want to be re-engaged when a definite conclusion is close. But the enthusiasm for owning the club survives, even if a sense of being hard done-by clings to those involved.

What we don't have - yet - is a public timeline for it, or any sign of the Premier League relenting on the key point surrounding disagreements over who would ultimately control the club. That's why there is legal action ongoing.

The Reuben morsel is a tasty one.

His resignation from his QPR board role was something that needed to happen for him to join the board of a Newcastle United that was under new management. The son of David Reuben, one of the UK's richest men, was understood to be enthused about the prospect of getting stuck into the black and white project and was brimming with ideas to improve the club on and off the pitch. He tweeted his heartbreak at the deal falling through in July and it later emerged he had been donating to the Foodbank, on the quiet, as the takeover process continued.

Many close to the process - and several independent observers - believe there will be more noise around the deal in the coming weeks and this is a convenient jump off point. Reuben would now be free to join any reconstituted board but we still seem a way off that. Not that it will stop the Companies House watchers. As part of the machinations of the summer, a shell company called JV1 Limited was set up to take the 20% of shares in Newcastle that the Reubens and Amanda Staveley would have in United. Two long-serving Reuben employees Stephane Nayum and Mehmet Saydam were both named as directors alongside Staveley. Reuben - who was to be involved in day-to-day Newcastle affairs - was not named.

Perhaps if there is movement there, we can start to look at the final boxes being ticked in this long-overdue deal.

Surely if it was as close as was many thought in the summer it would have had to already have been done in the summer?  ???

Hi midds

Ur username is far too similar to the itk so can u change ur username so don’t get carried away when u post in this thread

Thanks in advance

Surely if it was as close as was many thought in the summer it would have had to already have been done in the summer?  ???

Hi midds

Ur username is far too similar to the itk so can u change ur username so don’t get carried away when u post in this thread

Thanks in advance

This a joke right?  :lol:

This place is so toxic compared to other forums

WHICH FORUMS ARE LESS TOXIC EY BEN YOU FUCK. Name em. Howay.

cannit believe this fuckin regen just dropped in here and hit us with a T-bomb

i'll fucken fight ya

Question: Why now?

If he was resigning "out of respect" due to the NUFC takeover why didn't he resign shortly after the takeover was revealed, was very alive, and even seemed imminent?

Why would he wait until many months after the takeover is allegedly dead and not progressing?

The timing of this resignation and it's reasoning don't make sense to me.

The thing is, even with someone on ignore, I can't help myself from clicking "show" on their post because WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT CUNT SAYING NOW?!?!

Also it doesn't work if they get quoted, so what is the purpose.

I use the buddy list to see if the clique is on.

HTT is one of my favourite posters.  And he cooks great food :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But has he killed 16 Czechoslovakians?  And does he have a penchant for interior decorating?

:lol: :lol: