Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The PL has not handled this in a reasonable fashion, they have not used commercially best efforts, and they have not conducted the process in a timely and market manner. This additional request of 2 weeks is just another example. The speed in review and execution (and the entire takeover review process as written currently) is a fucking joke. There is nothing objective about any of it.

If the PL said 'yes, in two weeks time we will supply the papers you want', but as it is they are only asking for an extension to consider their position. Fuck em, they've had long enough to consider their position.

PL being perfectly reasonable - the initial deadline was way too ambitious.

Still struggling to see this progressing to a successful case before the CAT, and maintain my point on standing. PL never going to just ignore it, suspect their next move will be to argue there is no case to be had. The letter before action didn't establish standing and lacked a fair few other key items you would expect to see.

I joined NUST a few months ago cos i thought they might represent the supporters better if they had a voice backed by large numbers...i cannot however accept any supporters organisation that says the PL are acting reasonable.......They havn’t done that during this last 7 months

Still struggling to see this progressing to a successful case before the CAT, and maintain my point on standing. PL never going to just ignore it, suspect their next move will be to argue there is no case to be had. The letter before action didn't establish standing and lacked a fair few other key items you would expect to see.

I joined NUST a few months ago cos i thought they might represent the supporters better if they had a voice backed by large numbers...i cannot however accept any supporters organisation that says the PL are acting reasonable.......They havn’t done that during this last 7 months

I am not NUST.

I am not NUST.

You are their representative , no ?

I am not NUST.

Not on this forum no - I am myself. All views expressed are mine.

I am not NUST.

Are you a NUST rep or not ?

I am not NUST.

When I post on this forum I post as myself. As I have done since the day I joined over 15 years ago back in 2004. I represent nobody other than myself unless I explicitly tell you otherwise.

If the PL said 'yes, in two weeks time we will supply the papers you want', but as it is they are only asking for an extension to consider their position. Fuck em, they've had long enough to consider their position.

Inclined to agree. They've dragged this out for long enough, I'd give them an extra 48 hours out of courtesy then if nothing satisfactory has been received by then you've got Friday to put things in motion formally. Fuck them, drag them through the shit

If the PL said 'yes, in two weeks time we will supply the papers you want', but as it is they are only asking for an extension to consider their position. f*** em, they've had long enough to consider their position.

Inclined to agree. They've dragged this out for long enough, I'd give them an extra 48 hours out of courtesy then if nothing satisfactory has been received by then you've got Friday to put things in motion formally. f*** them, drag them through the s***

Not how legal processess work - the ridiculous delay on the takeover refusal / non decision really has no bearing on them having a reasonable period of time to respond to a letter before action.

If the PL said 'yes, in two weeks time we will supply the papers you want', but as it is they are only asking for an extension to consider their position. f*** em, they've had long enough to consider their position.

Inclined to agree. They've dragged this out for long enough, I'd give them an extra 48 hours out of courtesy then if nothing satisfactory has been received by then you've got Friday to put things in motion formally. f*** them, drag them through the s***

Not how legal processess work - the ridiculous delay on the takeover refusal / non decision really has no bearing on them having a reasonable period of time to respond to a letter before action.

Fair enough :thup:

Is a week deemed unreasonable? Is 3 weeks more the norm?

Yes - basically.

I hope this action works - I am just trying to bring some objective reasonableness to the false hope and hyperbole this sort of thing creates.

Yes - basically.

I hope this action works - I am just trying to bring some objective reasonableness to the false hope and hyperbole this sort of thing creates.

Yeah I get that, I'm still just frustrated at the sheer amount of time it's taking to get resolved one way or the other tbh. Feels like they will push the limits of time as much as possible deliberately - delay after delay after delay. It's highly annoying

I am not NUST.

When I post on this forum I post as myself. As I have done since the day I joined over 15 years ago back in 2004. I represent nobody other than myself unless I explicitly tell you otherwise.

Cool 🤓

Yes - basically.

Yeah I get that, I'm still just frustrated at the sheer amount of time it's taking to get resolved one way or the other tbh. Feels like they will push the limits of time as much as possible deliberately - delay after delay after delay. It's highly annoying

Exactly but hopefully that’s why they said one week initially in the anticipation that the Premier League would attempt to delay things.

1 + 2 is better than 3 + 2

I am not NUST.

Cool 🤓

How is it hard to separate between personal opinions and professional/organizational opinions?

Obviously haven't got a clue how these things work, I'm just stating my opinion on how I feel about it.

Leads to it going to court if the complainants have the balls and can afford it. Letter Before Action very rarely leads to action in my experience, and I've seen plenty of them.

So the PL have called their bluff in that case?

Leads to it going to court if the complainants have the balls and can afford it. Letter Before Action very rarely leads to action in my experience, and I've seen plenty of them.

So the PL have called their bluff in that case?

Not sure if one of Europes top QC's would get involved in a bluff (potential).

Not giving the extra time would be an interesting move given their initial deadline was so short - I think it makes it easier for the PL to argue the case is unreasonable and futile if they do go ahead with the legal action.