Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Honestly don’t think there’s been anywhere near enough outrage over this new kit deal. I mean we’re leaving a more lucrative deal for a less lucrative one. It’s a clear, swindle. Another sad example of how terrible our local journalists are.

Puma might not be offering a new deal etc.  This year was only an extension.

Of course. But shouldn’t it be questioned particularly with the Rangers links?

Serious questions should be asked of Amanda Staveley and the consortium but it doesn't fit the everything positive even if totally made up bullshit is good narrative.  She's desperate, they're desperate. It's a total fucking mess. 

Honestly don’t think there’s been anywhere near enough outrage over this new kit deal. I mean we’re leaving a more lucrative deal for a less lucrative one. It’s a clear, swindle. Another sad example of how terrible our local journalists are.

How is it less lucrative how much were Puma paying a season?

How is it less lucrative how much were Puma paying a season?

Just read it was £6.5 million a year so yes less lucrative.

Serious questions should be asked of Amanda Staveley and the consortium but it doesn't fit the everything positive even if totally made up bullshit is good narrative.  She's desperate, they're desperate. It's a total fucking mess.

It’s a proper mess, and I for one won’t believe it until they put penn to paper.

Serious questions should be asked of Amanda Staveley and the consortium but it doesn't fit the everything positive even if totally made up bullshit is good narrative.  She's desperate, they're desperate. It's a total f***ing mess.

It’s a proper mess, and I for one won’t believe it until they put penn to paper.

Penn’s gone mate let it go.

Is it actually structured with worse terms than Puma?

What a joke

Is it actually structured with worse terms than Puma?

What a joke

Probably about the same, the Puma deal is anywhere between 5 to 6.5 million a season.

It doesn’t affect the hypothetical takeover in any way. There will be break clauses inserted I assume

So, I can't be arsed to read back through the usual pages of 'he said, they said' assumption bollocks, why is it people are now adamant again about the takeover being off? I'm amazed people are still knee jerking to everything on a day to day basis tbh, I stopped that weeks ago in favour of taking a step back until something solid happened.

So, I can't be arsed to read back through the usual pages of 'he said, they said' assumption bollocks, why is it people are now adamant again about the takeover being off? I'm amazed people are still knee jerking to everything on a day to day basis tbh, I stopped that weeks ago in favour of taking a step back until something solid happened.

I hadn’t checked the thread at all since last night and logged on today to doom and gloom. Scrolled back through expecting bad news from Mimms but no, nothing has happened except a load of people on Twitter arguing. The kit deal has people worried and the lack of any progress but I think it’s patience that’s needed

I find it hard to get excited or deflated about this anymore tbh. I'm actually quite glad aswell after the summer fiasco. My personal view is it's not going to happen so I won't be devastated if it doesn't, if it does then I'd be astonished and delighted.

I hadn’t checked the thread at all since last night and logged on today to doom and gloom. Scrolled back through expecting bad news from Mimms but no, nothing has happened except a load of people on Twitter arguing. The kit deal has people worried and the lack of any progress but I think it’s patience that’s needed

everyone needs a hug and just look forward to........brucie balll nope, lockdown 2 nope, dark nights nope.........Brexit nope........Christ 2020 has been a fucking nightmare!

This non takeover etc has knocked the fuck out of me, I've had it, I try to still care about us but it's gone  for good.

Still watch, still want us to win but give a shite ...no , it's gone now .

Hate Bruce, FMA , the lot 

I wouldn’t say I’m negative just frustrated. For every positive sign there is a negative one to counter it.

Mimms suggests it’s as close as a few weeks away. Yet this new kit deal suggests it’s no where near close

Has Mimms been posting anything since saying it was close? Just wondered since what’s been going on the last few days hasn’t really been on the positive side.

No nothing. It’s something when you are pinning your hopes on some random forum poster to try and brighten your 2020. And by the way I am.  :cheesy: :cheesy:

The puma deal was only a short term extension anyway wasn't it that was due to end early next year iirc?

If that was coming to an end personally I think it ties in more with the takeover that Ashley would connect himself to it in someway until everything is finalised. I guess the new owners want to make their own deals if and when they take over.

Of course Ashley could have consulted them before making a long term deal with someone else but maybe they said they want to sort that out later? Hence why Ashley got a deal in for himself in the meantime.

There's a hundred and one reasons and we just have to wait and see how it all unfolds.

I won't be getting worried about this kit deal, at the same time as I won't be getting excited (takeover related)