Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest reefatoon

FFFIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

I’d lose, he’d bore me to death.

Anyway...

#soon

:lol:

Ah man, what am I going to do with these Friday 3pm promotional posters now?

People have the wrong expectations of NUST, they're not there to fight the club and get Ashley out, that's never been their point. They're there to represent the fans directly to the club and the PL, at least as far as I can tell, and need to maintain civil relations with both for that to be possible.

Too many people want them marching on St James' Park to physically haul Mike from the director's office, and when they don't they get all arsey on here shouting "BUT I PAID MY £2!".

Fucking chill out?

People have the wrong expectations of NUST, they're not there to fight the club and get Ashley out, that's never been their point. They're there to represent the fans directly to the club and the PL, at least as far as I can tell, and need to maintain civil relations with both for that to be possible.

Too many people want them marching on St James' Park to physically haul Mike from the director's office, and when they don't they get all arsey on here shouting "BUT I PAID MY £2!".

Fucking chill out?

I can see both sides here. You are correct in that they are not there to get Ashley out, however the recruitment drives they embark on when anger against Ashley is at it's height, in turn attracts lots of fans who do want them to attempt get Ashley out / believe that is part of their aim. I feel they need to be clearer in regards to what they are asking people to sign up to. And that isn't an attack on them.

Guest Howaythetoon

People really need to get their shit together. This forum is beyond embarrassing these days.

Exactly, take it to Twitter :)

Aye, I was intentionally being a dick. WallsendMag is actually alreet :thup:

PL....respond? :lol:

I predict more ignorance/silence/couldn't give a fuckery.

Your probably right but not sure that will do them any favours after asking for more time.

Exactly. In a way, I'm quite pleased the fans consortium gave the premier league more time. It looks  better for us that way and worse for them if they still try to delay.

Your probably right but not sure that will do them any favours after asking for more time.

Exactly. In a way, I'm quite pleased the fans consortium gave the premier league more time. It looks  better for us that way and worse for them if they still try to delay.

Yeah this week looks like it could be interesting. Wouldn’t say I’m overly confident, but think this is a real serious attempt the more you hear. I’m also more convinced than ever that this is happening with input from buyer and seller, if so the PL have a formidable legal team against them. No way these fans pay for this action without either financial backing, or full assurance that buyers are still there and ready to proceed with purchase.

I thought that from the start, 'they haven't done themselves favours by just ignoring it all', but they've proven time and time again that they couldn't care less about how they come off.  It's obviously more benefit(somehow) for them to ignore this whole thing than it is for them to let it go through.

I suppose I'm just negative as fuck and I can't see this ever ending in our favour, even with all this 'legal action'. 

I thought that from the start, 'they haven't done themselves favours by just ignoring it all', but they've proven time and time again that they couldn't care less about how they come off.  It's obviously more benefit(somehow) for them to ignore this whole thing than it is for them to let it go through.

I suppose I'm just negative as f*** and I can't see this ever ending in our favour, even with all this 'legal action'.

Probably the best outlook, but hopefully we’ll be pleasantly surprised. On this occasion we seem to have some real big guns in our corner, and I don’t think they’ve given up yet.

This thread also makes reference to potential consequences of PL losing court case.

@5yntax_Err0r

If taken to court and found guilty of breaking competition law the

@premierleague

could be fined 10% of its total income. For an organisation making billions that will be a significant number running into hundreds of millions. #nufc takeover

6:50 am · 14 Nov 2020·Twitter for Android

Retweets

Quote Tweet

Ian

@5yntax_Err0r

·

14h

Replying to

@5yntax_Err0r

And then you still have one of (if not the best) sports QC's waiting in the wings to challenge you on all other aspects of what has gone on.

I wouldn't like to be in Mr Hoffmans and Masters shoes at the moment.

Ian

@5yntax_Err0r

·

14h

They made an almighty mistake in underestimating the response from the fans, let's see if they are about to make an even bigger one.

The waiting games is over and legally you can't hide behind confidentiality.

Ian

@5yntax_Err0r

·

14h

You had no right to fail this takeover so your plan appears to have been to stall indefinitely and frustrate in the hope the problem would just go away...

Well, that hasn't worked, so it's approve the takeover or prepare to face the consequences.