Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Is there any chance they've done this to expose leaks in the PL? And the fact their 'response' was leaked (again) to the same journalist in the same route as last time has proven a point?

Was I right?!  :kasper:

Be interesting to know if he's deleting his tweets.

NCSL probably aren't bound by any confidentiality agreement so it isn't odd at all. If the PL have given that confidential information to NCSL without anything in place to ensure that it remains confidential, it's the PL that have breached confidentiality not NCSL.

someone just wake me when the nice saudi lads have bought the place, cheers

edit: so according to ben, NCSL are somehow the "leakers" of information they didn't have before it was ... you know ... leaked to them? NCSL communicating it isn't the breach you mega doylum.

I'm not going to pretend to understand the legal technicalities but if Big Daddy De Marco's co-ordinating the attack then I'm going to presume more thought has gone into it than the attacking strategies we're used to seeing. Luke Edwards knows nowt. Ben Jacobs is a bum feeler.

Hopefully, Mimmsy will drop in again soon to give us our dopamine hit.

In a way, its fair annoying seeing the club pursue this  with such drive. If Mike Ashley had only displayed this amount of tenacity and vigour when it came to running the club he supposedly supported all his life then the last decade may not have been so dire. Its basically the only thing I've ever seen the club under MA put any of the required effort in to in order to be successful. 

:lol: :lol: his take was so bad it self immolated

Yeah, someone rightly pointed out that unless NCSL have entered into a confidentially agreement (which they offered to the PL and was presumably turned down) they are under no obligation to keep the information private... then he deleted the original tweet.

:lol: :lol: his take was so bad it self immolated

Yeah, someone rightly pointed out that unless NCSL have entered into a confidentially agreement (which they offered to the PL and was presumably turned down) they are under no obligation to keep the information private... then he deleted the original tweet.

I haven't seen anyone take the position the NCSL breached any sort of confidentiality. The issue is more that until the club's statement the only evidence of some sort of legal action between the EPL and the club was NCSL's representation of what was said in the letter--one that hasn't been made public.

In a way, its fair annoying seeing the club pursue this  with such drive. If Mike Ashley had only displayed this amount of tenacity and vigour when it came to running the club he supposedly supported all his life then the last decade may not have been so dire. Its basically the only thing I've ever seen the club under MA put any of the required effort in to in order to be successful. 

Yep

Could it be possible that club is suing for damages to failed takeover - and not to get takeover "over the line"? Feels most plausible to me

Not on the basis of the club statement, which makes it very clear that it's arbitration, which is a dispute resolution process, rather than a process of seeking damages. That suggests that the deal is still very much alive.

Could it be possible that club is suing for damages to failed takeover - and not to get takeover "over the line"? Feels most plausible to me

Not on the basis of the club statement, which makes it very clear that it's arbitration, which is a dispute resolution process, rather than a process of seeking damages. That suggests that the deal is still very much alive.

You have to show the court that you've engaged in ADR in good faith otherwise they do not take very kindly to your case. It's a necessary part of the litigation process.

Cool, thanks for clarifying

If thats the 2nd place prize then seeing the Premier League getting fucked is fine by me. Right now the club and league is already dead to me so exposing these cunts for the world to see will be great

Massive positive the club have confirmed they’ve been taking action.

And it's positive that they have confirmed it is arbitration rather than litigation.

Is this the same arbitration that Masters said we turned down in the summer