Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I have no idea on what grounds they propose bringing the action but would imagine they need material interest and loss to be evident? They can’t be doing so on behalf of someone else. Do we know what they’ve actually asked for?

He’s repeating what’s been said already here but it looks a bit ominous

Dunno why these lads went to the trouble of seeking the advice of skilled, independant legal professionals when they could have just asked luke who writes about footy in the paper.

The standing thing seems so incredibly, incredibly basic that I fail to see how it's been missed or overlooked by NCSL's lawyers. Either they do have standing, or know full well that they don't have standing but are proceeding anyway, presumably with some ulterior motive. Seems that, all along, the intention has been to have concurrent legal cases against the PL - one which the public knows about and one which the public doesn't know about. Therefore suggesting that NUFC was genuinely perturbed by the PL's 'confidentiality breach' yesterday.

Isn't he just repeating what that Ben Jacobs (someone who does have an actual source) said.

He's the Telegraph's version of NUFC360

Of course he is, and like always, he's left it 24 hours before giving his "take" on it so he can get the attention from it.

Luke Edwards is a fucking doyle but I must say, I've rarely disagreed with anything Sean has posted in this thread like. It seems like anyone who is not 'glass half full' regarding any takeover is tarred as not wanting it to happen. Thats certainly not the case for me but I don't think we're anywhere near this happening. The latest efforts do seem like Mike Ashley is trying to desperately find some shaky ground on why the takeover was rejected allowing PIF to find a way back in. It seems the PL are confident in their lack of approval though.

The PL confirm they are in a legal battle with the club. We don’t know how far down the line we are with that. I very much doubt (baking bread aside) de Marco has been sitting on his hands for the last 2 months

Luke Edwards is a fucking doyle but I must say, I've rarely disagreed with anything Sean has posted in this thread like. It seems like anyone who is not 'glass half full' regarding any takeover is tarred as not wanting it to happen. Thats certainly not the case for me but I don't think we're anywhere near this happening. The latest efforts do seem like Mike Ashley is trying to desperately find some shaky ground on why the takeover was rejected allowing PIF to find a way back in. It seems the PL are confident in their lack of approval though.

Yeah, I mean, right now I don't expect it to happen. I don't follow it day-to-day but I'll be very pleasantly surprised if anything happens any time soon.

Not sure where we are with the prospect of a takeover, but it doesn't seem to me like the PL are weakening if their public stance is that they don't regard the NCSL as having much standing. Of course you could say that they are behaving differently behind the scenes, but then why would we need the fans letter at all?

I don’t think anybody expects the fan based legal action to get anywhere, it was all just a setup to get to where we got yesterday. Unless I’m joining the dots wrong

If yesterday was the endgame, what exactly has been achieved?

It's so frustrating not knowing what's actually going on. I don't think you have to be a wild optimist to believe that the takeover has been unfairly blocked and therefore still stands a very reasonable chance of being approved: the reasons given for the PL's indecision were dubious with a hint of corruption; we know that the consortium hasn't completely disengaged; and we know that Ashley is desperate to leave, with major lawyers fighting the corner. But still so much of everything is guesswork and speculation with no means of knowing what progress is actually being made, or what the most likely outcome is. We could wake up tomorrow with either a takeover confirmation or another bombshell like the one in July. It's absolutely painful.

The spurious anti competition lawsuit is to trap the PL into giving certain information which goes on the record for when the real case starts.

It’s all one big chess board.

That's fine tbh, but again, it does suggest the PL aren't looking for a way out just yet. Seems like they are bunkering down for the fight rather than working to get a resolution before taking on an expensive court battle.

Weird how defensive people get over this mind. I think we all want the takeover. I don’t see how wearing blinkers is helping people’s mental state through this.

Twitter has brought everyone back to their childhood days.  It really is just a bunch of kids, calling each other names and then crying to teacher when they don't like it. 

Here, on this thread, its a battle of the believers and the non believers but the lack of information basically means any scrap of info is fought over.  We basically have a jigsaw but without the full number of pieces and no picture to build the jigsaw from.

Weird how defensive people get over this mind. I think we all want the takeover. I don’t see how wearing blinkers is helping people’s mental state through this.

Twitter has brought everyone back to their childhood days.  It really is just a bunch of kids, calling each other names and then crying to teacher when they don't like it. 

Here, on this thread, its a battle of the believers and the non believers but the lack of information basically means any scrap of info is fought over.  We basically have a jigsaw but without the full number of pieces and no picture to build the jigsaw from.

That is exactly what’s it like. Hopefully it happens whether because of this action or the lawyers make a breakthrough. People on both sides need to chill.

I also don't think it'll happen, certainly not any time soon. Doesn't mean I have to be a dick about it to the people who does think it'll happen and post about it every day, because at the end of the day, none of us has a fucking clue what's going on.

NUFC Twitter is a really dark place. Amongst other things, it's disturbing just how many sex pests we have in our support.

I don’t think anybody expects the fan based legal action to get anywhere, it was all just a setup to get to where we got yesterday. Unless I’m joining the dots wrong

If yesterday was the endgame, what exactly has been achieved?

It's so frustrating not knowing what's actually going on. I don't think you have to be a wild optimist to believe that the takeover has been unfairly blocked and therefore still stands a very reasonable chance of being approved: the reasons given for the PL's indecision were dubious with a hint of corruption; we know that the consortium hasn't completely disengaged; and we know that Ashley is desperate to leave, with major lawyers fighting the corner. But still so much of everything is guesswork and speculation with no means of knowing what progress is actually being made, or what the most likely outcome is. We could wake up tomorrow with either a takeover confirmation or another bombshell like the one in July. It's absolutely painful.

I don’t know if it’s any more complicated than “do you really want this to go to court?” and the PL eventually caving. There’s not really a way to enforce it going through