Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

He’s repeating what’s been said already here but it looks a bit ominous

:lol: Wait. Did I tell Luke this?

It's a nice P.R. piece, if nothing else. Substantively, though, I have doubts that a supporters group would be found to have standing to pursue an anti-trust case here (i.e., how has the Consortium Supporters group been harmed?). And somebody else being behind it wouldn't solve that problem if they're not going to step up and be a party. Not hating on it, though--somebody has put some effort and money into it, so hopefully it helps.

It's a nice P.R. piece, if nothing else. Substantively, though, I have doubts that a supporters group would be found to have standing to pursue an anti-trust case here (i.e., how has the Consortium Supporters group been harmed?). And somebody else being behind it wouldn't solve that problem if they're not going to step up and be a party. Not hating on it, though--somebody has put some effort and money into it, so hopefully it helps.

:lol: :lol:  At the very least send him an invoice

It’s a predictable first tactic of defence to be honest albeit one I expect the PL to lose.

More attempts to obfuscate and delay unfortunately

Couldn’t sum it up any better than this, I’m quite sure O’Donoghue and De Marco are aware of the basics.

Steve

@oldheatonian

reporters and lawyers dipping in with opinion questioning a legal case they have no direct involvement in and more importantly without sighting of the case file nor spoken to the party bringing the case or any members of their legal team. Wow. That stirring the #nufc fan pot

This bloke has to be the biggest prick ever to have covered NUFC. If there’s a negative angle he’ll find it, what he appears to be missing in this pearler is the fact arbitration normally occurs after a decision has been made.

Luke Edwards

@LukeEdwardsTele

·

1h

We already knew Ashley’s legal case was active. Not confident that will be successful either but there is more weight behind it. The problem is the refusal to go to independent arbitration then withdrawing. That seems to be the rock everything hits legally but let’s wait and see.

As per , pissing in the wind, the PL will never let this through. Give it up.

The PL cannot just "never let this through".

There are rules, and if they do not conform to the rules (whether they are 'their own' rules or not) they can be persuaded to do so, by legal means.

That is exactly the stage we are now at.

Nobody said it would be quick, or easy, but I do not understand these "throwing in the towel" types. Do they REALLY think like that, or are they just trying to wind us up?

Are they like that in their own lives . . always giving up when there is no reason to do so?

There are rules, and if they do not conform to the rules (whether they are 'their own' rules or not) they can be persuaded to do so, by legal means.

Nobody said it would be quick, or easy, but I do not understand these "throwing in the towel" types. Do they REALLY think like that, or are they just trying to wind us up?

Are they like that in their own lives . . always giving up when there is no reason to do so?

Maybe some people don’t have the energy for it any more. There is absolutely every chance the PL win the legal case.

Maybe some people don’t have the energy for it any more. There is absolutely every chance the PL win the legal case.

Maybe they will, but no one should be telling other supporters to give it up.

As per , pissing in the wind, the PL will never let this through.Give it up.

Just stay away from this thread. We know your opinion/thoughts already. You're just an annoying little cunt offering nothing. At least some of the people who don't see this going through can come up with something more acceptable/interesting.

Maybe they will, but no one should be telling other supporters to give it up.

True

To me, the situation is clear.

• I have no interest in watching a Newcastle that can't and won't compete in a cartel league
  • If the takeover succeeds then I may get the passion back for NUFC but make no mistake its still a cartel league
  • If the takeover fails and we are left with Ashley and Bruce, and 23% football with 1 shot on target, if we are lucky, then that's not for me.  It bores me silly and football is meant to be entertainment, a chance to get lost in a moment!

• I have no interest in watching a Newcastle that can't and won't compete in a cartel league
  • If the takeover succeeds then I may get the passion back for NUFC but make no mistake its still a cartel league
  • If the takeover fails and we are left with Ashley and Bruce, and 23% football with 1 shot on target, if we are lucky, then that's not for me.  It bores me silly and football is meant to be entertainment, a chance to get lost in a moment!

This is totally me as well. I'm literally clinging onto that bit hope that this whole thing gets sorted, it's a last resort for me. I dont watch football hardly anymore because of what has happened to us with this takeover. I watch us out of habit but just cannot be arsed to watch anything else. If it does eventually all go tits up, that is me out. What on earth is the point in supporting a team in a league where you're not allowed to compete with the big lads. In fact you are stopped from doing so. That's not football.

This is totally me as well. I'm literally clinging onto that bit hope that this whole thing gets sorted, it's a last resort for me. I dont watch football hardly anymore because of what has happened to us with this takeover. I watch us out of habit but just cannot be arsed to watch anything else. If it does eventually all go tits up, that is me out. What on earth is the point in supporting a team in a league where you're not allowed to compete with the big lads. In fact you are stopped from doing so. That's not football.

:thup:

Hopefully the Trust get behind the lads at NCSL, they deserve everyone’s support.

Peter Clennell

@ClennellPeter

·

8m

Replying to

@oldheatonian

and

@nufctrust

The Council discussed whether we could assist

@NCSL1892

, I spoke with Keith Patterson who is keen to display solidarity - I have communicated our discussion back to the NUST Board as the Council are not there to make decisions, that is what the elected Board are there to do.

Hopefully the Trust get behind the lads at NCSL, they deserve everyone’s support.

Peter Clennell

@ClennellPeter

·

8m

Replying to

@oldheatonian

and

@nufctrust

The Council discussed whether we could assist

@NCSL1892

, I spoke with Keith Patterson who is keen to display solidarity - I have communicated our discussion back to the NUST Board as the Council are not there to make decisions, that is what the elected Board are there to do.

Doubt they will.

I think I'd potentially be able to take the shit football if there was some philosophy or attempt at progression behind it.  Under Rafa we were dreadful at times, but he built a good foundation at the back, with players who'd play the ball into the midfield. Under Bruce, it's aimless.

The club will never truly progress until Ashley leaves, this had been well covered, but there's also no reason to watch when there has been no effort from the manager to stamp an identity on the team.