Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Masters going to sweat bucket loads again. Just give in. Approve it and you can go back to your day job again.

Sadly, his day job involves being at the behest of the 'Big 6' so approving the deal gives him six headaches instead of just one.

You were telling us 3 years ago were were going to be having a great January under new owners though. Were you more hopeful then or now?

I’m much more confident than then but we’ll have to see!

Although I’m not as confident as I was at 9am on Good Friday when I got a call saying it had been done the previous night!  And yet here we are, seven and a half months later! Corrupt wankers!

That's fair enough Paully. I was pretty confident back then in 2017, but slowly over the last 3 years that confidence has turned full circle. I do hope your confidence is well placed.

You were telling us 3 years ago were were going to be having a great January under new owners though. Were you more hopeful then or now?

Although I’m not as confident as I was at 9am on Good Friday when I got a call saying it had been done the previous night!  And yet here we are, seven and a half months later! Corrupt w*****s!

That's fair enough Paully. I was pretty confident back then in 2017, but slowly over the last 3 years that confidence has turned full circle. I do hope your confidence is well placed.

So you're confident again, eh?

I knew you were a cheery optimist at heart.

Although I’m not as confident as I was at 9am on Good Friday when I got a call saying it had been done the previous night!  And yet here we are, seven and a half months later! Corrupt w*****s!

So you're confident again, eh?

I knew you were a cheery optimist at heart.

It's early for me :lol: but I'm happy for others to be confident, hopefully it will infect me soon.

Caulkin says the buyers haven’t gone away and he doesn’t get any sense of it being imminent from the conversations he’s had with them and that he’d be very surprised if there was a positive development this year.

Caulkin says the buyers haven’t gone away and he doesn’t get any sense of it being imminent from the conversations he’s had with them and that he’d be very surprised if there was a positive development this year.

Such is the damage that this whole process has done to me, I now don't know if that's realistic, or he's deliberately playing things down because he knows he made mistakes first time around when passing on his information.

I’m really pleased all of the splinter fan groups are working together now. There was so much in-fighting in the past. Without pointing fingers I don’t think a few fans/groups with larger social media numbers really wanted to cooperate in the past but it’s good, and likely more productive everyone working towards the same goal.

Wonder if there is a relegation clause in the offer (if it still exists) ready for when Brucey takes us down?

Whilst I'd like to see a takeover complete before the transfer window, I'm 100% sure a proper manager could turn our current players into a fairly decent team. If the takeover drags on until Summer (likely) and Bruce stays (50/50) we're in huge trouble.

Wonder if there is a relegation clause in the offer (if it still exists) ready for when Brucey takes us down?

Whilst I'd like to see a takeover complete before the transfer window, I'm 100% sure a proper manager could turn our current players into a fairly decent team. If the takeover drags on until Summer (likely) and Bruce stays (50/50) we're in huge trouble.

If precedent is anything to go by, Mike will abort usual operating procedure and Steve will be replaced with 6 games to go by someone who actually inspires hope. And if Amanda's still hanging about she might whisper some right sexy names in his ear.

This is all I’ve seen.

The Magpie Group

@MagpieGroupNUFC

MP’s asked for changes to the Owners & Directors test to be uniformed across all football league clubs.

Fans & Supporters should have full transparency.

An independent body to review Clubs is needed.

Supporters Trusts should have a seat and a say at board level.