Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

There has been no reason to be confident since May. The info Caulkin was getting proved so far off the mark that he stopped being their mouthpiece months ago, rather wisely I might add.

If anyone is confident at this point they'd be hugely naive imo.

However, that said, it clearly isn't "definitively off" as there is legal stuff in play and while that remains I'll always be hopeful.

The biggest threat to it collapsing completely is relegation and that threat will grow stronger the longer Bruce remains in charge.

Feel no different to when the legal stuff kicked off - was always going to be months not weeks.

My only confidence is based on the QCs involved and the assumption they'd have advised Ashley it was worth proceding. Which probably is more like hope to be honest  :lol:

We all know what's going to happen.

The legal action will allow the takeover, but due to our free falling in the PL, PIF will wait until we mathematically avoid relegation, that won't happen and they will walk away for good....

Apologies for being so negative  :lol:

Guest reefatoon

We all know what's going to happen.

The legal action will allow the takeover, but due to our free falling in the PL, PIF will wait until we mathematically avoid relegation, that won't happen and they will walk away for good....

Apologies for being so negative  :lol:

Sounds more truth than negative. There is every chance Mike Ashley will still manage to somehow f*** it all up.

Is anyone actually still confident of this going thru?

If/when we get sucked into a relegation battle I think PIF may well just withdraw anyway.

Whole thing's just taken too long. Needs to go through next month or else that's it imo.

Imo if it’s not done by end of January they’ll walk away until at least the summer. They won’t take us over with no ability to affect the team for the remainder of the season bar changing the manager. They just won’t risk it

I cannot see the "Big Picture Six" stopping Staveley, PIF, Ashley, Reubens and their high-end legal teams getting this done.

Our success will be slow, and hard-earned, but is also INEVITABLE.

You can't see something that has already happened?

The PL/Big 6 did stop it; they forced PIF to withdraw their offer.

I have know idea how the legal action will play out, nobody does, but hopefully it'll go in our favour.

To claim the PL/Big 6 can't stop the consortium when they've already stopped them once is just naive.

The Big Picture Six (to give them their full name) will never stop this from happening, and what a strange thing for you to say that they "have" done so !!!

They will most certainly TRY to stop it happening (they will fail) and they are most certainly able to "hold it up" (as they have already done) but you should not confuse 'holding up' with 'stopping', just as you should not confuse 'trying' with 'succeeding'.

And you have the cheek to use the word 'naive' about other people !

Assuming any legalities go our way (massive assumption, I know) the PL will want to drag it past the end of Jan so that PIF can't buy anyone, so they'll want to wait to the end of the season which with cabbage head in charge will mean relegation, so PIF walk away.

I cannot see the "Big Picture Six" stopping Staveley, PIF, Ashley, Reubens and their high-end legal teams getting this done.

I have know idea how the legal action will play out, nobody does, but hopefully it'll go in our favour.

To claim the PL/Big 6 can't stop the consortium when they've already stopped them once is just naive.

The Big Picture Six (to give them their full name) will never stop this from happening, and what a strange thing for you to say that they "have" done so !!!

They will most certainly TRY to stop it happening (they will fail) and they are most certainly able to "hold it up" (as they have already done) but you should not confuse 'holding up' with 'stopping', just as you should not confuse 'trying' with 'succeeding'.

If they hadn't "stopped it" once there would be no need for legal action.

I want this to happen as much as the next person but I won't let my desperation for it to happen let me think illogically.

I want this to happen as much as the next person but I won't let my desperation for it to happen let me think illogically.

Thankfully, my brain is unable to be 'illogical' but it is very good indeed at being 'realistic' and at seeing through all the crap that hides realism away from some people.

I also know the difference between holding up and stopping !!!

Thankfully, my brain is unable to be 'illogical' but it is very good indeed at being 'realistic' and at seeing through all the crap that hides realism away from some people.

Alreet, Spock.

Right now, it’s not realistic to expect the takeover to go thru. You basically just put all your hopes in the ‘type of people’ that are involved. Like it or not the Saudis ain’t 100% innocent in all of this. They illegally pirated PL games

[/

The Premier League NEVER made a decision.  That is why I fancy Ashley and his top QC's to win this.

[/

The Premier League NEVER made a decision.  That is why I fancy Ashley and his top QC's to win this.

Sorry, that was my response.

Absolutely nothing has happened to suggest this is going to complete since about 2 weeks after it was called off. All there has been is invested journo talk, making a nice little career out of stringing along punters for their own gain.

Burnley have shown how quick a takeover goes through.

This bit for me is the killer. Supposedly our team is working on it like crazy for weeks and months behind the scenes. Burnley practically did the same in so much less time. Aye, different scenarios and setting etc2 but if something was actually going on, we would have atleast a substantial, concrete movement by now, not tidbits by a local journo. Sorry. I had hopes, I was confident. But something big needs to break to get me back on the train. No rumours or tweets can do that right now.

I am interested to see what happens with Ashley's legal action though. No doubt he'll do fairly well out of it and we'll still be left in the shit.

I'm still convinced that is all the real legal action is out to achieve.

Guest reefatoon

PIF announced they had pulled out of any deal back in July and have said nothing about it since. We are all hoping that Ashley has brought these top QC’s in to try and push it through, but in all honesty we don’t really know what Ashley’s plans are. It’s more than likely he is just after some compensation and not to push any take over through. Any words towards a takeover have just come from a couple of journalists really. I’ve tried to stay positive and hopeful but really that’s all it is, blind hope. Can’t even be arsed with that now, this thing is dead and has been for donkeys.

Ive sometimes wondered whether a judge might even make a decision which effectively grants us immunity from relegation based on the PL unnecessarily prolonging the O&D decision. Now that would be some twist!

It’s amazing how many of you lot have given up and are now off the train. It’s gone quiet because things are at the legal stage and it’s the holidays.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but you lot blow with the wind. Just wait till first week in January, there’ll be new info coming out for sure re the arbitration hearing.

Also if you believe PIF have walked and it’s just about Ashley’s compo, then I think your greatly mistaken.

Alreet, Spock.

Interesting . . . live long and prosper (after the Takeover) . . .