Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Anyone with a subscription who could copy/paste that article, or isn't that allowed in here?

I'll happily do it if it's within the rules. I've only just signed up as a new member so don't want to do it if it's not allowed.

It's not allowed. Bullet points were posted a couple of pages back, that'll have to do.

Reading the article will just get you even more wound-up before bed. Speaking from experience here. :lol:

This is a Hail Mary from PIF/Staveley.

Them saying the deal would go through tomorrow if approved still, the Premier League not having any official word of withdrawal from the deal.

It’s a play to try and pile pressure on via negative PR.

I still do think it’s not going through. The way the Premier League have acted, they’re rotten to the core. I think this is the last throw of the dice, but I think it’s as good as over.

I kind of agree.

My theory is PIF AND MASH are working together on this. The line saying the EPL were happy to let month by month go by saying they would never make a decision knowing the flak was landing more and more on PIF. MASH agrees to play along at an increased price whilst PIF clarifying MA is not the bad guy in this scenario the EPL is. MA acts furious as he’s lost a £300m+ deal. Season is over so it has more media attention.

Just a theory mind. Or clutching at straws :lol:

I don't really understand the stuff about the PL 'wanting to have the government on the board.' Does she mean, the PL believed PIF just to be a 'front' for the true owners - the Saudi government - so, in the interests of transparency, were insistent that the government was on the board? And Staveley's saying that couldn't possibly happen so they had no choice but to withdraw? And that this is a load of bollocks cos the PL could have expressed their supposed major concerns about this issue months ago?

Anyone with a subscription who could copy/paste that article, or isn't that allowed in here?

I'll happily do it if it's within the rules. I've only just signed up as a new member so don't want to do it if it's not allowed.

There is no specific rules, but at the start of the takeover when the Athletic were writing exclusive articles on the takeover, there was an agreement between a few members who had subscriptions not to paste their stuff on here and to encourage people to sign up.

It comes under posting of copyrighted materials, which is a 14 day bannable offence

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=19161.0

Them saying the deal would go through tomorrow if approved still, the Premier League not having any official word of withdrawal from the deal.

I still do think it’s not going through. The way the Premier League have acted, they’re rotten to the core. I think this is the last throw of the dice, but I think it’s as good as over.

I kind of agree.

My theory is PIF AND MASH are working together on this. The line saying the EPL were happy to let month by month go by saying they would never make a decision knowing the flak was landing more and more on PIF. MASH agrees to play along at an increased price whilst PIF clarifying MA is not the bad guy in this scenario the EPL is. MA acts furious as he’s lost a £300m+ deal. Season is over so it has more media attention.

:lol: Ingenius.

The call out to the fans as well...

I think it's more likely PIF who were to be the majority shareholders finally got fed up and pulled the plug and Staveley and the Reubens are left with little choice but to go along and then put there statements out. This is dead and as usual it's the fans left to lick their wounds while premier league will continue to churn out its ever increasingly dull product with the same approved top teams year on year.

Guest neesy111

Have no idea what to make if any of this.

I'm the same, whole thing stinks from all sides imo.

Not a favourite on here but it captures the mood

Will give a listen but the bloke talks so much shite it’s hard to believe any intel he may have.

It's an article and I think pretty much fair enough from back to front. I've never believed his 'conspiracy against Newcastle stuff' but it looks like there could be a 'conspiracy against anyone not in the present' big 6''.

Will explain why I couldn’t find it to download :lol: aye he’s a small minded bloke but it would appear that may be the case here and he strikes a good chord regarding who so many are keen are to write off because it effects them not in the slightest.

I don’t think the truth will ever out either, it rarely does these days. Particularly when so many rich and powerful

individuals are involved.

What’s happened is what I believe the PL wanted to happen. Avoid making a decision long enough so they can avoid blame one way or another for having made a decision. And with the bid being from a much disliked SA and a fringe club who don’t really matter  the audiences of those angered are minuscule compared to the wider core groups.

Does Staveley have any left? For a little while, she breaks off. “I’m crying, I’m sorry,” she says. She knew what she wanted to say if and when the takeover had been passed. A mission statement was prepared and practised. She would have talked about ambition and drive, about getting to the Champions League, about communicating with fans, embracing club legends, funding the women’s team, reaching out to local businesses and institutions.

Instead, it is this.

“I’m trying very hard to understand,” she says. “Today is probably not the right day … I need to figure out if there is any route through this.”

“Even now, if the Premier League came to us and said ‘we will approve you’ we would do this deal tomorrow, all three parties of the consortium,” Ghodoussi says.

“Mike has agreed, we’ve agreed, the Reubens, PIF,” says Staveley. “The only reason the deal won’t get done is because the Premier League won’t pass it. Everybody is just so, so sad.”

Is there a chance, however slim?

“I don’t know,” she says. “I just don’t know. I don’t want to give up, but I can’t do it on my own. I’ve tried. I’ve tried and I’ve tried and I’ve tried. You need investment. You can’t just buy a club with no investment behind you. You need £600-700 million minimum, to do a deal like this. That was all in place.”

She breaks off again. “I can’t believe it,” she says.

I kind of agree.

:lol: Ingenius.

The call out to the fans as well...

Also this way it’s allowed them to break silence and point fingers yet re-do the deal without the need of a second deposit :lol:

Guest The Little Waster

The only thing fans can do is wash their hands of the club and walk away . Watch it burn from a distance ...

The only thing fans can do is wash their hands of the club and walk away . Watch it burn from a distance ...

Lets dig in at the Premier League.

Fuck giving up, give the fucking cunts fucking hell.

Guest The Little Waster

Lets dig in at the Premier League.

Fuck giving up, give the fucking cunts fucking hell.

Ok what do you propose ? Someone on twitters already suggested a Jarrow march to London / PL HQ

Does Staveley have any left? For a little while, she breaks off. “I’m crying, I’m sorry,” she says. She knew what she wanted to say if and when the takeover had been passed. A mission statement was prepared and practised. She would have talked about ambition and drive, about getting to the Champions League, about communicating with fans, embracing club legends, funding the women’s team, reaching out to local businesses and institutions.

Instead, it is this.

“I’m trying very hard to understand,” she says. “Today is probably not the right day … I need to figure out if there is any route through this.”

“Even now, if the Premier League came to us and said ‘we will approve you’ we would do this deal tomorrow, all three parties of the consortium,” Ghodoussi says.

“Mike has agreed, we’ve agreed, the Reubens, PIF,” says Staveley. “The only reason the deal won’t get done is because the Premier League won’t pass it. Everybody is just so, so sad.”

Is there a chance, however slim?

“I don’t know,” she says. “I just don’t know. I don’t want to give up, but I can’t do it on my own. I’ve tried. I’ve tried and I’ve tried and I’ve tried. You need investment. You can’t just buy a club with no investment behind you. You need £600-700 million minimum, to do a deal like this. That was all in place.”

She breaks off again. “I can’t believe it,” she says.

Wording isn't quite strong enough but will do for now.

Ed82WGpWoAA6n8l?format=jpg

Guest The Little Waster

i reckon max of 35k  paying customers next season and more likely 30 or sub 30k . Its on a downward spiral now

Between the two articles in the athletic and the true faith article...wow. Just, shaking with rage right now. This seemingly is 100% On the PL - and their bent structure with 0 transparency and being intertwined with beIn and some of the opposition clubs.

Fuck.