Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

As there’s no other possibility. As I’ve said any investment in the city, region etc would be if not more important, although obviously not ideal, as it ain’t happening any other way.

Well I'm not gonna agree as we've all went through previously but understand it's different for people from Newcastle

Do you think another multi-billion body is going to come in and invest in the club and city like these would have? The fact Jamie Reuben was giving money to the NUFC Foodbank is proof the North-East as a whole was going to benefit from this in a big way. Would love to be proven wrong, but this is it I think. Boat’s sailed.

Well I'm not gonna agree as we've all went through previously but understand it's different for people from Newcastle

:thup: I’m not having a go, and as I’ve said in an ideal world I’d want nothing to do with any of UAE, Qatar or Saudi.

It’s the belittling and patronising attitude from the press, whilst coming from an angle I respect, who couldn’t really give a shit about about my aforementioned points (and why would they tbf) but lecture  folk on what is right and to wait it out etc.

:lol:

I don't believe a single word she says. She's probably having another curry with Mike as we speak.

Also: no it's not up to the fans, it never has been and never will be up to the fans. Every quote is ridiculous ffs. Lets march on the PL headquarters or send letters, that'll do the trick. Fucking joke.

The ‘slim possibility’ lines being reported really piss me off. In theory, the deal could be resurrected because it’s a pretty weak reason to, well, not even say no because they didn’t. And both sides still want the deal. But I’m not sure anything will make the PL jump up and suddenly want this done. Besides, I don’t want the hope because there is none. 'Slim possibility' is purely a line to stop people hoying themselves off the Tyne Bridge tonight.

Perhaps the club scrape another couple of ASM or Willems-level signings and survive next season, whilst someone else makes an attempt. But I’ve lost all faith in the Premier League and corrupt footballing authorities, who clearly have no integrity. I think I’ll be bitter about this until my very last breath. Fuck them, fuck football.

I don't believe a single word she says. She's probably having another curry with Mike as we speak.

Also: no it's not up to the fans, it never has been and never will be up to the fans. Every quote is ridiculous ffs. Lets march on the PL headquarters or send letters, that'll do the trick. Fucking joke.

Alright County Durham Sean, we get it, you don't like her.

Alright County Durham Sean, we get it, you don't like her.

I don't believe her. Sorry that's such a problem to people like yourself, feel free to put me on ignore as I will you.

They’re being accused of dragging it out and bowing to the wishes of other clubs. Pretty sure they’ll not want that putting a question mark over its integrity. Would only take a short statement to rubbish it and to prove Staveley to be the liar people say she is and to clear their name.

They’re being accused of dragging it out and bowing to the wishes of other clubs. Pretty sure they’ll not want that putting a question mark over its integrity.

But they know the more they talk about it the longer it drags on the bigger it gets.

I expect no official word from the PL regarding this, at most we will get them restating it’s a confidential proper process etc.

More likely we receive some comments from a “unknown source” stating the answers received weren’t satisfactory etc

They’re being accused of dragging it out and bowing to the wishes of other clubs. Pretty sure they’ll not want that putting a question mark over its integrity.

But they know the more they talk about it the longer it drags on the bigger it gets.

I expect no official word from the PL regarding this, at most we will get them restating it’s a confidential proper process etc.

More likely we receive some comments from a “unknown source” stating the answers received weren’t satisfactory etc

They’ve also seen Staveley giving an interview affectively telling fans to go after the Premier League if they want the deal to go through. That can’t be good for their product. If she’s talking shit, their best course of action would be to call her out on it.

They’ve also seen Staveley giving an interview affectively telling fans to go after the Premier League if they want the deal to go through. That can’t be good for their product. If she’s talking s***, their best course of action would be to call her out on it.

The premier league have demonstrated over this last 17 weeks exactly how much disregard they have for the fans.

Torturing myself with false hope maybe, but the more I think about this the more I think it could be a final play to force the PL to make a decision.

As it stands, by not making any decision the PL have demonstrably cost the buyers £17m. If the PL had refused the test they would've got the deposit back and if they had approved it it would've been their choice whether to go ahead or not.

The PL are now in a position where not making a decision leaves them potentially liable to legal action likely to cost them at least £17m plus legal costs, because they have directly caused the loss of the deposit by not making a decision.

Also, if they do make a decision now only an approval could potentially head off that risk, because then the buyers would still have the ability to decide to go ahead.

This puts the PL in the position that their best chance of avoiding very costly legal action is to issue an approval as soon as possible.

Torturing myself with false hope maybe, but the more I think about this the more I think it could be a final play to force the PL to make a decision.

As it stands, by not making any decision the PL have demonstrably cost the buyers £17m. If the PL had refused the test they would've got the deposit back and if they had approved it it would've been their choice whether to go ahead or not.

The PL are now in a position where not making a decision leaves them potentially liable to legal action likely to cost them at least £17m plus legal costs, because they have directly caused the loss of the deposit by not making a decision.

Also, if they do make a decision now only an approval could potentially head off that risk, because then the buyers would still have the ability to decide to go ahead.

This puts the PL in the position that their best chance of avoiding very costly legal action is to issue an approval as soon as possible.

I think your feeding yourself more false hope honesty.

The premier league didn’t force them to pull out. Ultimately it was a decision made by the consortium.

I think your feeding yourself more false hope honesty.

The premier league didn’t force them to pull out. Ultimately it was a decision made by the consortium.

Probably, but I prefer the feeling of false hope to no hope.

The consortium are very deliberately making the point that they could not wait any longer. Also the ball is in the PL's court, it seems from what has been said the process has been left open, if they still don't make a decision they can't claim that the consortium didn't wait long enough.

I was thinking down a similar thought process but surely this would have been discussed privately with the parties involved? With the information that’s come out and the consortium seemingly putting the entire blame on the Premier League it doesn’t really add up for me.

They seem to be claiming the issue isn’t with Ashley or a second bidder. Fine. They’re claiming they’ve answered every question posed and the withdrawal is directly related to the Premier League not making a decision or putting a date on the decision. So why pull out then in this big toys out of the pram style of demonstration. I’m absolutely no business expert here but if they’ve been involved this long and we’re truly winding down to the last stages here what’s another couple of weeks? All parties agreed to pull out, why?

I think I agree with most here it’s a formal withdrawal, there’s nothing for the Premier League to do anymore. They’ve made the process so obtuse and beyond the realms of the O&D test that the buyers have backed off without putting them into a situation where they’ve had to make a decision upsetting a sponsor.

I don’t think enough of the focus is on why they’ve pulled out though. The dangling of the unlikely carrot is frustrating by them and another party involved in this with a complete disregard for the fan base. No one has lost more than us during this whole process and when this takeover disappears out of the news by the new season we’ll be expected to lap up the shit football and know our place.

I was thinking down a similar thought process but surely this would have been discussed privately with the parties involved? With the information that’s come out and the consortium seemingly putting the entire blame on the Premier League it doesn’t really add up for me.

They seem to be claiming the issue isn’t with Ashley or a second bidder. Fine. They’re claiming they’ve answered every question posed and the withdrawal is directly related to the Premier League not making a decision or putting a date on the decision. So why pull out then in this big toys out of the pram style of demonstration. I’m absolutely no business expert here but if they’ve been involved this long and we’re truly winding down to the last stages here what’s another couple of weeks? All parties agreed to pull out, why?

I think I agree with most here it’s a formal withdrawal, there’s nothing for the Premier League to do anymore. They’ve made the process so obtuse and beyond the realms of the O&D test that the buyers have backed off without putting them into a situation where they’ve had to make a decision upsetting a sponsor.

I don’t think enough of the focus is on why they’ve pulled out though. The dangling of the unlikely carrot is frustrating by them and another party involved in this with a complete disregard for the fan base. No one has lost more than us during this whole process and when this takeover disappears out of the news by the new season we’ll be expected to lap up the shit football and know our place.

Staveley has said the O&D test is still open, the PL have not been formally informed of their withdrawal.

Putting out press statements isn't formally withdrawing from the process. There will be a reason why this is being played out so publicly, and directed so squarely at the PL.

Staveley has said the O&D test is still open, the PL have not been formally informed of their withdrawal.

Putting out press statements isn't formally withdrawing from the process. There will be a reason why this is being played out so publicly, and directed so squarely at the PL.

To enable the UK Government to step in?