Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Maybe if they buy us we can just adopt this formula?  Just go around telling people that since winning the Premier League in 1996 with Keegan we've won more domestic trophies than Real Madrid and Barcelona combined.  We can photoshop JFK awarding us the Champions League medals.

Hire Joe Kinnear as manager. After all, he won three manager of the year awards and signed Krul for us.

Maybe if they buy us we can just adopt this formula?  Just go around telling people that since winning the Premier League in 1996 with Keegan we've won more domestic trophies than Real Madrid and Barcelona combined.  We can photoshop JFK awarding us the Champions League medals.

The club is already a joke anyway so why not? I'm sold on this.

Not a huge amount of info here but Mark Douglas is/has been doing a live Q&A on the Chronicle's twitter page. I've asked this question:

Hi Mark, Staveley asked the fans for action and I think we delivered. The NUST have done some fantastic work in recent weeks but seem to be ducking the question of why they won't be seeking a response from her since their meeting with the PL. Do you think the consortium should be providing fans with an update on where the takeover stands and will you be pursuing this?

This was the response:

fine point and I agree wholeheartedly. It was interesting that sources for the consortium were quick to jump in after Masters' letter - largely to bat back the point about arbitration - but we didn't hear quite so much after their meeting with NUST. We're being told there are things going on behind-the-scenes but I think we're at point where actions are needed rather than words now.

Not a ton to go off but I'm guessing journalists have been told from the consortium there's still ongoing talks. I want to cling onto that like there could be hope still but it seems like the longest of long shots now. Info from that consortium has hardly been on point so far either has it.

The telling part of the PIF withdrawal statement was the financial part.  “Global uncertainty” killed this deal. The Masters response reads that it was PIF who were stalling and financial reasons are the sole reason for changing their mind.

It’s absolutely dead in every respect and all that’s left for the fans is straw-clutching.

The telling part of the PIF withdrawal statement was the financial part.  “Global uncertainty” killed this deal. The Masters response reads that it was PIF who were stalling and financial reasons are the sole reason for changing their mind.

It’s absolutely dead in every respect and all that’s left for the fans is straw-clutching.

Come on it was a face saving statement, they were basically saying where not waiting 12 months for arbitration. The global uncertainty hasn’t stopped them speculating billions on struggling businesses with a long term strategy in mind.

You’ll hear from them next when it’s announced.

Come on it was a face saving statement, they were basically saying where not waiting 12 months for arbitration. The global uncertainty hasn’t stopped them speculating billions on struggling businesses with a long term strategy in mind.

What is it honestly going to take for you to accept this takeover is dead? Even an official withdrawal statement hasn't managed it  :lol:

Steve Wraith saying it perhaps?

What is it honestly going to take for you to accept this takeover is dead? Even an official withdrawal statement hasn't managed it  :lol:

I’ll accept its over when Staveley tells Caulkin, then Caulkin tells rockers mutual friend, then rocker announces it on the forum.

Until then hope prevails.

Can't wait to see Luke Edwards explode when this happens.

Some indication as to the state of play with PIF would be most welcome, but I’m guessing we won’t get anything

The key will be he’ll not call Staveley/PIF time wasters. Mark Douglas confirmed yesterday he still hasn’t informed PL deal is off, that tells you everything you need to know at the minute.

Guest Cheesy Beans

The Chronicle are doing a sterling job of sitting so hard on the fence so they can claim either way their info was right.

“The deal may or may not happen, it’s quiet because it may or may not happen, our sources say it may happen, but it may not”. Is basically all they’ve been reporting over the last week.

We’ve then got journalists, local and national, who reported on the Mauriss and BNG takeovers without doing the slightest bit of research on them which would have shown them up to be fake.

The standard of journalism in this country is pathetic. But nobody regulates them, they only make money through clicks on websites and fake news works, so actually they’re probably performing well in that regard.

I’ll accept its over when Staveley tells Caulkin, then Caulkin tells rockers mutual friend, then rocker announces it on the forum.

Until then hope prevails.

What about Jimbos telly?

I think (could be wrong) it was just her and PCP

If thats the case she should be able to afford us now with the Reubens on board too if she still has PCP backing

PCP are worth £115m or something? No way she could afford to buy us alone.

No she did have other funders behind her and i think she was trying to get it for not much more than £200m with extras added on later or something which would take it closer to ashley's asking price but ashley flat out said no. I doubt PCP can afford to buy it even with reubens involved