Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I think the Rebens are wealthy enough to buy us outright. Just think they want to be a minor part of it all.

But Staveley and Reubens with the Saudis as a major sponsor through a number of their companies would do it I think.

Reubens could afford us but it would be a lot of money to piss away to get anywhere.Owning a football club is very very expensive which is why sovereign states getting involved is what ends up being needed to 'challenge at the top' reliably

I would still love a takeover with more modest aims, just even an honest ambition, sensible running of the club and not being a joke

She mentioned at the time that there was sovereign wealth included in the bid along with Reubens, however the nature of PCP means it could have been a variety of investors. It basically could have been any of the Middle East nations taking a stake.

I believe she’s quoted as saying there was Chinese money behind her 2nd attempt last year before Rafa left.

I think if PSG win today - PIF will be back to the table.

Why ?

If they do win bein will allow the PL to approve the takeover.

Approve the takeover that the PIF have formally withdrawn from? The takeover that doesn’t exist any more?

I think if PSG win today - PIF will be back to the table.

Why ?

If they do win bein will allow the PL to approve the takeover.

Approve the takeover that the PIF have formally withdrawn from? The takeover that doesn’t exist any more?

It was a joke, relax.

I think the Rebens are wealthy enough to buy us outright. Just think they want to be a minor part of it all.

But Staveley and Reubens with the Saudis as a major sponsor through a number of their companies would do it I think.

Reubens could afford us but it would be a lot of money to piss away to get anywhere.Owning a football club is very very expensive which is why sovereign states getting involved is what ends up being needed to 'challenge at the top' reliably

I would still love a takeover with more modest aims, just even an honest ambition, sensible running of the club and not being a joke

Reubens own part of QPR so cant own us as far as I’m aware.

Reubens could afford us but it would be a lot of money to p*ss away to get anywhere.Owning a football club is very very expensive which is why sovereign states getting involved is what ends up being needed to 'challenge at the top' reliably

Reubens own part of QPR so cant own us as far as I’m aware.

No they don’t  Jamie is only a director, which he was going to relinquish had takeover gone through.

I think (could be wrong) it was just her and PCP

If thats the case she should be able to afford us now with the Reubens on board too if she still has PCP backing

PCP doesn't actually exist as a business. It's part of the lie that is her public persona.

Can't wait to see Luke Edwards explode when this happens.

They both quite clearly are in this case, but it's funny (not really) how it's always someone else's fault with Big Mike :rolleyes:

Really don't see how it's his fault this time, the club was sold but the PL put the blocks on it. I know we have some underrated posters who still think there's much nicer buyers out there just waiting to plough their money into NUFC, but so far we've only seen the publicity seeking time wasters.

If you were one of those underrated posters who were dead set against the PIF takeover, just sit back and enjoy the season. It is what it is.

Aye I think he wants out that’s obvious.

I think it's about the only thing I'm taking solace in over this whole farce tbh. He finally truly wants out and he just can't do it. I consider it karmic justice for the decade of fakeovers.

Aye I think he wants out that’s obvious.

I think it's about the only thing I'm taking solace in over this whole farce tbh. He finally truly wants out and he just can't do it. I consider it karmic justice for the decade of fakeovers.

Aye, I hope he's feeling it worse that us for taking the piss out us fans so long. Just wish this takeover had went on in the background so we didn't have to suffer every minute

If he hadn't been such a stubborn hard-headed, non comprising, obtuse cunt who's obsesssed with winning every deal, more people might be willing to try buy it off him. He's the boy who cried wolf. Said he wants rid so much without wanting rid that he now can't because no one takes him seriously. If he had any fucking sense he'd now just hire someone who knows football to run the team on its own funds it generates and not get involved meddling in the team anymore.

I think (could be wrong) it was just her and PCP

If thats the case she should be able to afford us now with the Reubens on board too if she still has PCP backing

PCP are worth £115m or something? No way she could afford to buy us alone.

Went back and looked, reports refer to her investors but nobody knew who it was. Def not just PCP.