Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So maybe...George and Mandy are away for a fortnight on holiday together?  That may be the reason for the radio silence.

Imagine the pillow talk.  :kasper:

take turns reading Stifler's poems to her in ASMR voices

So maybe...George and Mandy are away for a fortnight on holiday together?  That may be the reason for the radio silence.

Imagine the pillow talk.  :kasper:

"What are you doing now pet, now that you're no longer buying NUFC?"

I'm happy to play along with the 'Staveley is silent because its actually happening' conspiracy :lol: :lol:

The few days after it collapsed took me to a dark place so little crumbs will do :lol:

I think if it was going to happen, it’d have happened pretty quickly after they dropped out. If they wanted us still they’d have been doing everything to get in so they didn’t miss out on signings, etc. It’s gone.

Ban the rule.

This man is fomenting an insurgency.  I'm not saying he should be banned, I am a citizen of these boards in good (citation needed) standing.

This forum does need an uprising/insurgency.  I know HTT is trying his best but we need others to help to have a mass cull to get it back to the early days.

BRING BACK DAVE.  He would sort this shower of shit out.

Only one other post in this thread today, soon this will be page 2 and beyond  :'(

I find it absolutely baffling it’s just been dropped without answers. No journalists has really done a post-mortem on what happened. We’ve basically been told to keep going by Staveley, Rick rolled by her husband and the media and NUST have all apparently let it go since the Premier League meeting and the fan base has been told a grand total of fuck all.

We’re now into Bruce down playing our chances this season, absolutely awful transfer targets and all of the media types that looked down on us wanting the Saudi deal now seemingly going missing while Ashley continues to run us as close to the line as he can get away with.

Only one other post in this thread today, soon this will be page 2 and beyond  :'(

I find it absolutely baffling it’s just been dropped without answers. No journalists has really done a post-mortem on what happened. We’ve basically been told to keep going by Staveley, Rick rolled by her husband and the media and NUST have all apparently let it go since the Premier League meeting and the fan base has been told a grand total of fuck all.

We’re now into Bruce down playing our chances this season, absolutely awful transfer targets and all of the media types that looked down on us wanting the Saudi deal now seemingly going missing while Ashley continues to run us as close to the line as he can get away with.

Nicely summed up. I try not to think of it as it’s depressing.

I find it absolutely baffling it’s just been dropped without answers. No journalists has really done a post-mortem on what happened. We’ve basically been told to keep going by Staveley, Rick rolled by her husband and the media and NUST have all apparently let it go since the Premier League meeting and the fan base has been told a grand total of f*** all.

Nicely summed up. I try not to think of it as it’s depressing.

NUFC is pretty much a non sporting entity now.  Utterly pointless following them except for morbid curiosity

Look on the bright side, at least we can read 5 pages of breathless headlines about Qatari funded Man City being favourites to land Messi.

Look on the bright side, at least we can read 5 pages of breathless headlines about Qatari funded Man City being favourites to land Messi.

That would be a lot of shoddy journalism

Maybe I missed the national headlines about us pursuing Adam Armstrong.

I guess a certain amount of takeover fatigue has inevitably set in after such a long period of time, but now feels like a crucial time to keep pushing, even if its to be told with 100% certainty that there are no viable bids on the table at this time (I could then leave this thread alone :))

The optimist in me feels like the silence is a bit fishy and that things must be going on, but that's not backed up by any evidence. However, Caulkin was obviously being fed snippets by Staveley first time around, so surely if the same process had been re-activated behind the scenes, he would be receiving similar information now (unless he's decided he doesn't want to get his fingers burnt again and is keeping quiet).

I knew this would happen, the regional media are a complete joke

No disputing these are different situations, but we never got a proper deconstruction of the Bin Zayed Group's bid either, it just vanished

Then there's Mauriss, every rational fan immediately inferred he was a total chancer / non-existent, yet the media reported everywhere he submitted a £350m bid, where's it gone? Who briefed them it was submitted? Did the club confirm it?

It took Reuters to investigate and expose Bellagraph Nova

Finally as you say, Staveley and the other figures have just disappeared despite their public appeal to the fanbase.

Dunno if I’m confused or you are but Man City are Abu Dhabi owned not Qatar

Dunno if I’m confused or you are but Man City are Abu Dhabi owned not Qatar

You are right, I am getting my arab state investment funds mixed up should be Abu Dhabi, not Qatar. Thanks for clearing that up.

All the faux outrage over the Saudis has died away now, nobody gives a shit where stuck with Ashley. All these national journalists would have been fearing they’d have to travel past Manchester on a more regular basis if we became a threat. As for the local journalists the least said the better, Lee Ryder and co are almost an enabler for this regime, spouting shite about the cost of Calum Wilson today just beggars belief when newly promoted clubs will spend more.

As others have said best to just wash your hands, and hope it burns until something happens.

All the faux outrage over the Saudis has died away now, nobody gives a shit where stuck with Ashley. All these national journalists would have been fearing they’d have to travel past Manchester on a more regular basis if we became a threat. As for the local journalists the least said the better, Lee Ryder and co are almost an enabler for this regime, spouting shite about the cost of Calum Wilson today just beggars belief when newly promoted clubs will spend more.

As others have said best to just wash your hands, and hope it burns until something happens.

:thup: