Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Thinking out loud.......

What exactly would the PL have to be worried about in terms of MBS having influence/control over?

Its obviously not the supplier of the half time pies....so what is it?

Undue influence on tv rights? commercial sponsorships? regional influence?

Honestly don't think the PL themselves would have been that bothered, it's probably pressure from other clubs and Qatar that has seen them resisting.

Lotttt of belt-tightening measures going on in KSA at the moment so I still don't think it's a given that they'll be back in one way or another. Still, it'd be nice to see the PL dragged through the s*** for their handling of this whole affair.

Wouldn't it be fair to say that this is not a frivolous purchase but a key part of MBS Vision2030 plan? Are they cutting back on this project too?

This keeps getting mentioned but I don't see how it has anything to do with the potential acquisition of NUFC. The main concerns with regards to Vision 2030 are: to diversify the economy away from oil (if this is related to that, there are far better options ROI-wise than buying a football club, especially in the current climate), improve the health sector, improve education, promote tourism (again can't imagine this would be enriched through buying nufc), facilitate more recreation activities and improving infrastructure.

Hard to argue that buying the club ties into any of those goals in my humble opinion.

Will the sports broadcasting right not form part of the diversification? They've recently created their own Sport broadcasting company  so I'd have though having your own team within the the most watched league in the world will be the crown jewel for that.

Furthermore, it's pretty fucking clear that Sportswashing works and they have proved the soft power they have over the government, which is handy when it comes to trade deal negotiotions for Brexit.

What does Luke mean by Mike just wants truth to come out, being the main reason for legal challenge?

If PL have lied or overstepped their boundaries, then the truth coming out should surely allow for the takeover to progress positively?

If all parties are still keen of course.

Lotttt of belt-tightening measures going on in KSA at the moment so I still don't think it's a given that they'll be back in one way or another. Still, it'd be nice to see the PL dragged through the s*** for their handling of this whole affair.

Wouldn't it be fair to say that this is not a frivolous purchase but a key part of MBS Vision2030 plan? Are they cutting back on this project too?

This keeps getting mentioned but I don't see how it has anything to do with the potential acquisition of NUFC. The main concerns with regards to Vision 2030 are: to diversify the economy away from oil (if this is related to that, there are far better options ROI-wise than buying a football club, especially in the current climate), improve the health sector, improve education, promote tourism (again can't imagine this would be enriched through buying nufc), facilitate more recreation activities and improving infrastructure.

Hard to argue that buying the club ties into any of those goals in my humble opinion.

But the Saudis are planning on investing in the region and owning the football club gives them a link to the region.  They will use oil money to invest in projects that will provide an income stream so they are no longer reliant on the oil especially when electric cars are the way forward.